Last Seasons Heroes ?

bluechip

Second topic tonight but this is really bugging me. I'll probably get pelters for this but sometimes you have to say it the way you think it is. Anyway here goes.

Many of last sesaons heroes who took wage cuts (especially those who had extra clauses to leave written in to their contracts)let Rangers Football Club and it's supporters down very badly in my opinion. The same team who were 15 points (9 points if you assume Celtic would win their 2 games in hand) ahead of Celtic ended up being 14 points behind after our 10 points deduction for going in to administration. Their arses collapsed under a little bit of pressure and were found wanting. I realise there were some injuries which obviously didn't help. However, the majority of the first team pool were fit. I don't buy in to the sob story that they were all worried about the club and that is why their form dipped. They lost the well earned gap they had built up at the begining of the season due to feeling sorry for themselves and how the situation would affect their salaries, contracts, their own selfish self esteem and basically throwing in the towel.

To mention but a few, Rangers captain (?) Steven Davis, his form has never been particularly consistent,if he was a true Ranger he would have TUPE'D over and took his chance with a transfer. Allan McGregor (ditto). Steven Naismith (ditto) and John 'big time Johnny' Fleck also (ditto). These guys were meant to be true RANGERS men for God's sake and their just the tip of the iceberg. You people know what players I am talking about. Lo' and behold most of these guys have found themselves new employment elsewhere and made a very nice profit out of Rangers discomfort to boot.

So let's here it for real heroes like Lee McCulloch, who, despite not being the most gifted footballer ever, laid his career on the line by offering to play for his beloved club for NOTHING, no clauses written in to HIS contract = No Bullshit . Covered every inch of every park he played on, for Rangers Football Club.

Ally McCoist cut from the same cloth and others, they are real Rangers men.

So please, no crocodile tears from these so called Heroes (?) who took paycuts to save Rangers, because that is bullshit. :mad:

Second topic tonight but this is really bugging me. I'll probably get pelters for this but sometimes you have to say it the way you think it is. Anyway here goes.

Many of last sesaons heroes who took wage cuts (especially those who had extra clauses to leave written in to their contracts)let Rangers Football Club and it's supporters down very badly in my opinion. The same team who were 15 points (9 points if you assume Celtic would win their 2 games in hand) ahead of Celtic ended up being 14 points behind after our 10 points deduction for going in to administration. Their arses collapsed under a little bit of pressure and were found wanting. I realise there were some injuries which obviously didn't help. However, the majority of the first team pool were fit. I don't buy in to the sob story that they were all worried about the club and that is why their form dipped. They lost the well earned gap they had built up at the begining of the season due to feeling sorry for themselves and how the situation would affect their salaries, contracts, their own selfish self esteem and basically throwing in the towel.

To mention but a few, Rangers captain (?) Steven Davis, his form has never been particularly consistent,if he was a true Ranger he would have TUPE'D over and took his chance with a transfer. Allan McGregor (ditto). Steven Naismith (ditto) and John 'big time Johnny' Fleck also (ditto). These guys were meant to be true RANGERS men for God's sake and their just the tip of the iceberg. You people know what players I am talking about. Lo' and behold most of these guys have found themselves new employment elsewhere and made a very nice profit out of Rangers discomfort to boot.

So let's here it for real heroes like Lee McCulloch, who, despite not being the most gifted footballer ever, laid his career on the line by offering to play for his beloved club for NOTHING, no clauses written in to HIS contract = No Bullshit . Covered every inch of every park he played on, for Rangers Football Club.

Ally McCoist cut from the same cloth and others, they are real Rangers men.

So please, no crocodile tears from these so called Heroes (?) who took paycuts to save Rangers, because that is bullshit. :mad:

Good post m800000042.gif Those who walked away showed they were playing for the money not the jersey

Paycuts my arse - it's crystal clear now it was an investment decision.

The vastly reduced transfer fees they demanded didn't matter a jot when the chance came to cash in on a drop in wages.