Rangers Pubs

Well done to all the pubs along the PRW from District to Quayside for decking all the lamposts in the Union Flag to help Govan District celebrate our glorious victory at the Boyne.

It may be raining but the streets wil be packed cheering on our brothers and sisters of The Orange Order and the Flute/Accordian bands who support them.

Well done to all the pubs along the PRW from District to Quayside for decking all the lamposts in the Union Flag to help Govan District celebrate our glorious victory at the Boyne.

It may be raining but the streets wil be packed cheering on our brothers and sisters of The Orange Order and the Flute/Accordian bands who support them.

Remember the joyous summers of the 60s down KP and walking with the juvs from the halls in Lorne St.........and returning from Ayrshire and the crowds at the old Shields Rd station waiting for the train to arrive back and marching down towards Lorne St and the bands finding a second and even third wind and giving it all the had and some...........and the crowds that lined the streets.

Was something special crabflute.gif

Remember the joyous summers of the 60s down KP and walking with the juvs from the halls in Lorne St.........and returning from Ayrshire and the crowds at the old Shields Rd station waiting for the train to arrive back and marching down towards Lorne St and the bands finding a second and even third wind and giving it all the had and some...........and the crowds that lined the streets.

Was something special crabflute.gif

Shields Rd Station. Must've been a while ago.

Born late 60's so more of a crawl than a walk for me but the old man (rip)agreed with you on that score. :)

Was a site to behold.............used to see many of your teachers, ministers walking and the pride................. remember once in Ayrshire they had portraits of the Queen in the streets and the march opening up to walk either side of it... then one of the evil one from the rhatigan and everyone marching over it crabflute.gif

I remember the parade going down Scotland street a sight to behold.Remember the parade would slow down passing Stanley street(there was a chapel in this street)the bands would play louder the crowds would sing their hearts out, i will never forget it.

I remember the parade going down Scotland street a sight to behold.Remember the parade would slow down passing Stanley street(there was a chapel in this street)the bands would play louder the crowds would sing their hearts out, i will never forget it.

yeah recall going down Scotland Street and when it was the walk to Ibrox for service used to turn left into Cornwall St then right into Maclellan St ......superb days.