Hollow threats from the SFA

Found this and found it an interesting wee read. Looks like the SFA could find itself back in the courts wae their threats to the SFL and the SPL could be bankrupt in no time.

Really hope the wee teams call their bluff. After all the SFA don't have a good record when it comes to court cases anyway.

Theyre going to die without us :crabflute:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/rangers/9387504/Rangers-in-crisis-SFL-clubs-unfazed-by-Neil-Doncasters-scare-tactics.html

I always wondered about the hypocrisy of the SPL in criticising, demanding punishment and excluding us while at the same time threatening to renege on their legal responsibilities.

Ahahaha ace :D

So Regan told the SFL clubs that if we didn't vote us into division 1, the SPL couldn't pay them their annual fee and they'd all suffer badly leading to administration for most, but in reality that payment has to be made, so he either comes out and says he was lying or the SPL really can't pay it and goes bankrupt ahahahahah :lol:

What kind of fukin idiots do we have in charge of football in this country. Fukin scandalous :lol::lol:

Found this and found it an interesting wee read. Looks like the SFA could find itself back in the courts wae their threats to the SFL and the SPL could be bankrupt in no time.

Really hope the wee teams call their bluff. After all the SFA don't have a good record when it comes to court cases anyway.

Theyre going to die without us :crabflute:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/rangers/9387504/Rangers-in-crisis-SFL-clubs-unfazed-by-Neil-Doncasters-scare-tactics.html

When I first read about the threat that the SPL wouldn't pay the SFL, I wondered at the time how they could get out of it. I couldn't believe that the SFL didn't have a guaranteed payment but nobody contradicted the statement. Now it looks like the payment is contractual after all and the SFL will get their money. That's even less for the SPL clubs. With Longmuir of the SFL now saying that all the SFL clubs will decide not the SFL board then I think it will be Div 3 from Friday's vote. Then I think they will all have to get together SPL, SFL, SFA to thrash out a deal to get RFC into the 1st Div to satisfy the financial "integrity" of the SPL clubs..

What an absolute shambles and both Regan and Doncaster must surely have to go after this. Both are totally incompetent. They have done nothing since 14 Feb except pillory Rangers whilst failing to look after Scottish football. They have also failed to assist a member club which found itself in serious financial trouble due to what is likely to be ascertained to be criminal behaviour. Five months have passed and not one step further forward in resolving this fiasco. Their ineptitude beggars belief.

What happens if the SPL goes bankrupt part way through a season? Do they play out their fixtures? Who qualifies for Europe? If some of the clubs also go bankrupt, could the SFL with Rangers as members hold the real power in Scottish football?

Arseholes can't even get their threats right. No financial big stick ,so is Spl2 more likely now?

Anarchy awaits the game if the SFL do the right thing and vote us into Div 3.

The SFA/SPL then have to try and force everyone to do the wrong thing to save the very clubs who voted against us in the first place.

Ahahaha ace :D

So Regan told the SFL clubs that if we didn't vote us into division 1, the SPL couldn't pay them their annual fee and they'd all suffer badly leading to administration for most, but in reality that payment has to be made, so he either comes out and says he was lying or the SPL really can't pay it and goes bankrupt ahahahahah :lol:

What kind of fukin idiots do we have in charge of football in this country. Fukin scandalous :lol::lol:

I was thrilled to learn of the danger so many SPL clubs will find themselves in as a result of kicking us over and over and over.

But, the SPL itself being bankrupted would be sweeter still :pipe:

If the SPL goes bust would that mean all the existing SPL clubs having to reapply to the SFL, and I assume starting from the bottom??

Touchwood / God willing / Inshallah (covering all the bases) Love to see the bastards rot in their own shite

Touchwood / God willing / Inshallah (covering all the bases) Love to see the bastards rot in their own shite

unfortunately not likely they would try to set up a SPhelL2 with Rangers being invited to join the set up can honestly see us and the (unfortunately) scum once again in the drivers seat.

Have never had much time for the SFA. Always been a bunch of bumblers to me.

However since Regan got his job they've gone from just unreal to completely surreal.

It speaks volumes about Regan when you look back at wee fat Farry or even Walkers reign and think how much better it was.

What amazes me is that Regan seems to be being allowed to drive the agenda off his own bat with nobody murmuring a WTF's afoot here. Even if Lawell's manipulating him you'd think that there'd be at least one semi honourable bloke on the board asking questions.

Seems it's left to the SFL clubs to name and shame him. There is now a list as long as your arm of examples of his lack of integrity or judgement, dishonesty and duplicity. His time must be up, surely.

The powers that be in Scottish football have a right cheek when they say we should be punished for not having out finances in order. They should get their own house in order before they start on others. Funny how Rangers will survive yet 11 teams cant last without us without a re-structure. I know it will never happen but we should just turn our backs on this league and find somewhere else to play where we won't be vilified at every turn.

What happens if the SPL goes bankrupt part way through a season? Do they play out their fixtures? Who qualifies for Europe? If some of the clubs also go bankrupt, could the SFL with Rangers as members hold the real power in Scottish football?

This is something I've also thought about.

If we go to Div 3, we'll survive and be back soon enough, due to the size of our club, it's history, and most of all, our fanbase. However, I don't think it'll come to that. The SPL will flounder, with a serious loss of income from Sky TV, sponsors, lack of marketing opportunities, and the Scottish football team itself will suffer so badly that crowds at Hampden will also see a serious decline in numbers. This will impact severely on the SFA and the SPL, and may even see them going into liquidation themselves. :lol:

If the Rangers are playing in a successful and bouyant SFL, then this could be the way to go. The SFL take over the running of football in Scotland again, and the game prospers from a serious restructuring that's to the benefit of ALL clubs. Of course, the Rangers would be instrumental in setting up this new structure, and would therefore write another chapter into their already full history books.

Now, the intriguing part for me in all this is............................................would the few remaining clubs in the SPL (including celtic) then have to apply to join OUR football league? :ph34r:

I've a feeling there's a lot to come of this yet, and it could rumble on for years, with the end result being a very strong Rangers FC once again brushing aside all before them.

Don't forget the small matter of the criminal investigation into Craig Whyte and David Murray either. If one, or both of them are found guilty, especially Craig Whyte, then Rangers FC are obviously innocent. This opens the door for us to sue anybody who labelled us as being guilty without foundation.

The longer this dragged on, the worse it got for us Bears. However, I can genuinely see things changing for the better very soon.

The SFA and the SPL, along with their member clubs, have dug a huge hole here for themselves. And it's only getting bigger by the day.

Everything now hinges on the ability and desire of David Longmuir to do what he sees right for the game in Scotland in general.

Let's hope he lives up to his reputation as a man of integrity and honour.