Transfer Targets?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly all we will be signing will be scottish players and I have no problem with that. No english player is going to come up and play for us in SFL3, and likewise signing foreign players is fantasy talk. Best chance MIGHT be some loan deals from bigger clubs, but our best bet is to build a team from youth, giving the best young scottish talent a chance to play their part in rebuilding Rangers, with some of the old pro's like McCulloch and co around. I am delighted that people like boca and goian and wallace etc are still with us, and have voiced their commitment, but it will be hard to keep a hold of them when reality sets in come January.

I want a young team, with some hard working scottish pro's in their. That is what we need right now IMO. We need a team to win each division and to compete in the national cup competitions.

It should all be about the game now, we need to reinvent what it is to wear the jersey and make something good come out all of this.

We could probably sign lower SPL level players quite comfortably, but for the Third Division I don't think there's much point unless they're youngsters who might contribute something going forward. It's just a waste of money if we bring in established 30+ players for the sake of romping to the Third Division title. It's a great opportunity to experiment a bit with younger players and see if we can build the nucleus of a squad.

There are plenty and I mean plenty of players out there in the scottish leagues that would give their right fucking nut to play for us...

This.

A decent player at any of the usual cannon-fodder SPL clubs (which next season will be 2nd place and below), given the choice of another year of being ignored at the 'top' level, or joining Rangers, playing at Ibrox every other week.

Seriously, who is going to give a shit about the SPL next season? The main story will be Rangers and how we progress, and there will be lots of players who would want to join. Even before the prospect of not having us to subsidise them hits home, surely we would be still be able to compete with the wages offered by more than half the SPL on income from Ibrox alone? We'll still have a multiple of the attendances found at the SPL diddies, even after the 5 million extra season tickets they sell for being so sportingly virtuous.

Ally player manager, stick him on the last 10 minutes of every game when we're 3/4/5 ahead and let him add a few more to his total. "Allys on we're takin the piss" can become a new anthem.

Ally and Kenny McDowall up front, Durrant in midfield.

Who's goalie coach, still Jim Stewart?

Four wages saved right away.