Can The Courts Intervene

The sfa have today stated that they could attach "discretionary" conditions to our application for member ship and IMO that would include the transfer embargo.

Given that thia decision has akready been dexlared illegal by the COS and by the EU would the courts isep up if o'rhegans regime attempted to force this on us.

The sfa have today stated that they could attach "discretionary" conditions to our application for member ship and IMO that would include the transfer embargo.

Given that thia decision has akready been dexlared illegal by the COS and by the EU would the courts isep up if o'rhegans regime attempted to force this on us.

My understanding is that we are going for no sanctions, and the SFA are saying that we either accept the embargo, or go back to the appelate tribunal, which is what we won in court. So, there isn't really much to challenge.

My understanding is that we are going for no sanctions, and the SFA are saying that we either accept the embargo, or go back to the appelate tribunal, which is what we won in court. So, there isn't really much to challenge.

so surely then if they are trying to enforce an illegal embargo they leave themselves wide open.......

so surely then if they are trying to enforce an illegal embargo they leave themselves wide open.......

I don't believe they are trying to enforce it, I think they are giving us the choice, accept it, or send it back to the tribunal, who may come back with a greater or lesser punishment, effectively, it is up to us, but they won't accept just dropping the matter altogether, which is what we really want.

i think that this is exactly what green was alluding to in his statement after the sfl decision was made

Surely got too, or I atleast hope they are kept in the loop here because the lack of people questioning it all is pretty much that non existent.

I don't believe they are trying to enforce it, I think they are giving us the choice, accept it, or send it back to the tribunal, who may come back with a greater or lesser punishment, effectively, it is up to us, but they won't accept just dropping the matter altogether, which is what we really want.

havnt the courts already reffered it back to the tribunal therefore we should have no decision to make there.....

Greens got 2 options.

1. Accept the embargo and try and win the 3rd with a team of boys. Not totally out of the question, full time super fit 18 year olds vs part time plumbers and hairdressers.

2. Refuse the decision in the hope that the SFL teams, who by now should be anticipating the revenue and what not of playing Rangers oust Rhegan and install someone with a bit more sense.

To be honest I'd go for option 1. All the more GIRFU bragging rights when we win the league with a team full of boys.

Did Livingston or Gretna have sanctions against them when they were punted into division 3 ?

Exactly,there is NO precedent for these punishments(legal or otherwise).The bassas are trying to cripple The Rangers for a VERY long time,this is victimisation and no doubt about it.Could Green begin a court case which would prevent the league kicking off? :ph34r:

Should definately go back to the tribunal as Carloway and co have already stated that a ban or suspension is to severe and they have maxed out the fine so consequently the only option open to them is the cup exclusion as implementation of the other two sanction could surely be construed as malicious upon any challenge.

Should also refuse to accept losing our right to challenge given that sfa appear to think they are a law unto themselves recently and they have said the intend to progress with the alleged dual contracts case.

I though Leggo nailed it last week, appears true so far:-

Stewart Regan’s SFA gets nasty and aims three loaded guns at the head of Rangers.

The first pistol is cocked by demanding that Rangers confirm they will accept such sanctions as are proposed by the SFA in relation to current proceedings.

Which looks suspiciously as though Regan wants Rangers to agree to ignore the Court of Session judgment delivered by Lord Glennie and accept the transfer ban which the learned Judge has declared unlawful.

Is that not unlawful in itself?

Or does Stewart Regan believe being a pal of Celtic supremo Peter Lawwell sets him above the law?

The second gun is a loaded revolver which demands confirmation from Rangers re EBT sanction position at SPL level and subsequent appeal to the SFA.

That looks like Rangers are being ordered by Stewart Regan to sign up to any punishment which may be imposed on them by the vindictive bigots of the SPL who refused them entry, as well as giving up any right of appeal to the SFA.

But it is the third gun which is the weapon of mass destruction.

It demands that Rangers confirm that they will accept responsibility for any breach of the Articles etc by the OldCo which has not so far come to light.

That means any other dodgy deals, any more cash scams, pulled off by that ace conman, twister and huckster, Craig Whyte, will lead to Stewart Regan being able to hand down to Rangers whatever punishment takes his fancy.

The fact is if Green wanted to he would have no problem raising legal proceedings against the SFL and SPL over both recent decisions given the public statements made prior by many clubs. But that would cause "armageddon", especially when both would almost certainly be successful. Rangers already have compelling grounds for judicial review, but we have suffered the indignities and charade of the recent processes and just got on with it. Legal action would just prejudice the game in general and slow down our rebuilding process.

HOWEVER, he should not accept any additional sanctions whatsoever, perhaps save accepting prior football debt, which I believe he has previously intimated the consortium would. The whole EBT thing is a joke, everything was made public and freely available at the time, and nobody cared then, but now Whyte screws the whole thing up suddenly we have been the most corrupt club in world football for the last decade - absolutely gutter pish.

Green must make a stand, and if that means legal proceedings then so be it. No transfer embargo, nothing. It is in no-one's interests to punish us further and from the message boards and comments in other places even a lot of other clubs fans seem to agree we have been done in enough. Ultimately the SFA have made it clear that they need us, so I am sure a face-saving compromise will be reached, but it wouldn't surprise me if they try and ban us from the scottish cup for three years or something, just so that it is impossible to be in europe the year we arrive back in the SPL (achievable if we win the cup the year before).

We must start clean. Everyone must be resolute on this. The witch-hunt stops now.