Dinnae Forget The Auld Yins!

thebooler

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kind of done this at The Rangers v Milan legends game, was sitting beside a guy and his daughter, he was 78 yo and hadnt been to a game in over 10 years. Said he just felt too old for it although still contributed to the club buy buying his 2 grandsons season tickets every year. Guy was full of knowledge and told me a lot of stuff I didn't know regarding players from before my generation and stories from seasons long past that arent spoke much of now.

I'm no sping chicken myself but I have to say I really enjoyed meeting/speaking to the old gent, his daughter thanked me and my mate for chatting to him and said he mentioned when we went to get some food at HT that he was having a "wonderful night".

Thier not all grumpy old men, he's probably forgot more about the Gers than I'll ever know, great guy!!!

Anyhow,great story eh :uk:

Kind of done this at The Rangers v Milan legends game, was sitting beside a guy and his daughter, he was 78 yo and hadnt been to a game in over 10 years. Said he just felt too old for it although still contributed to the club buy buying his 2 grandsons season tickets every year. Guy was full of knowledge and told me a lot of stuff I didn't know regarding players from before my generation and stories from seasons long past that arent spoke much of now.

I'm no sping chicken myself but I have to say I really enjoyed meeting/speaking to the old gent, his daughter thanked me and my mate for chatting to him and said he mentioned when we went to get some food at HT that he was having a "wonderful night".

Thier not all grumpy old men, he's probably forgot more about the Gers than I'll ever know, great guy!!!

Anyhow,great story eh :uk:

Pics of the daughter?

Old people don't need companionship. They need to be isolated and studied so that it can be determined what nutrients they have that might be extracted for our personal use.

Homer Simpson Loyal.

Ye can have ma smelly pish any time

But yetr no gettin the steam aff it

It wasn't an assumption. It was stance taken based on my confidence that someone who spells paid "payed" would struggle to "rip me apart" on an internet forum.

Also, seeing as the advice is being dished out, you might want to consider bringing your spelling and grammar up to lower secondary school standard before declaring that you will rip someone apart.

What a total feckin :wanker: asshole you are.

Any pubs near Waverley station down in Edinburgh for meeting at 1 and looking for a few pints before getting choo choo.

There's a bar in Waverley itself, saves ye having to leave the station.

Being a Glaswegian it's just a little village in out eyes.

Embra is bigger than Weegieville these days.

Still shite though.

I kind of did this at the last home game of the season. An old guy was walking past the burger vans and we got talking, and after asking where I was from (Fife) he said that he had played against Raith Rovers many times.

So I ask him what team he played for, thinking it was another of the Fife teams. His response - "I played for Rangers for 10 years". Lo and behold, I had just spent 20 minutes chatting to Johnny Hubbard.

Just goes to show, talk to the auld yins, you never know who you'll end up meeting.