How rangers & spl/sfa are perceived.

corkinator

I'm down in Nottingham at the minute visiting family, anyway, me and the brother in law were in hooters yesterday talking to some forest and villa fans, pre season friendly, the home and away fans mix in pubs down here. Obviously theyre asking me what team I support so we gets onto the conversation on what has happened to us, I filled them in as best I could and some of them had a good bit of knowledge about our situation. They found it utterly unbelievable that we got thrown in the 3rd division, they think the spl is a joke now and were literally laughing about how shit it's going to be.

They also compared it to man utd and said the fa down their would never have let it get that far for any team never mind the biggest in the league, seems something dodgy is going on.

Now bear in mind these are neutral impartial observers. It was refreshing to hear the boys praising us and being positive saying we won't lose a game for 3 years and stuff, lol. And also the fact that it's not just us that think the sfa and spl are corrupt lying bastards.

Just shows you how everything is perceived by proper football people.

Oh and I ended up well pished. Kebabs all over the place!

every neutral I've spoken to thinks the same, have a lot of English friends from time in the services and most are absolutely pishing themselves laughing at how shite the spl is going to be this season but have a genuine interest in watching us in lower leagues,i guess it's like a fairytale story to them Rangers working there way back up, not sure about not losing a game for 3 years, even though we're playing in the lower leagues we should still treat every team with respect

Yep, thanks to the over the top behaviour of every club up here, the '' King Is Dead '' type sensationalist coverage, The English see there is more at work here than the mere collapse of a football club in the financial sense. Scotland is a laughing stock, any achievements by the filth will now be viewed in a tainted light, no celebration will ensue and coverage of Scottish trophies will barely receive a mention down south. we are now viewed in the same light as the Irish league.

And tell me who won the Irish ( ROI ) league last year ?

I rest my case.

Yeah, just thought it was quiet interesting. I thought one or two would say "you deserve to get relegated, lose your players, yada, yada" like they do up here, but not one guy said that they were just saying it was shocking. Tbh I've heard the crap from fans up here for so long I was beginning to think it was the norm. But folk wishing us a speedy recovery really did make me be proud to be a bear. They also know we're the British team :lol:

And tell me who won the Irish ( ROI ) league last year ?

No idea, but Linfield won the Northern Irish League (and Cup).

Pity we (Villa) lost at Forest, but hey-ho, you can't win them all (although Rangers might, for 3 years !).

Pity we (Villa) lost at Forest, but hey-ho, you can't win them all (although Rangers might, for 3 years !).

Yeah 3-1 eh! I never saw that coming, forest have lost most of their team. I don't think we will go unbeaten for 3 years though. (tu)

It is true. The SPL is pretty much dead now as far as any outsiders are concerned and, IMO, we will never play in it again. It will be a whole new Scottish football set up or we will be playing somewhere else. TBH, I hope it's the latter.

I honestly didn't know it was starting yesterday! Until I put ssn on. I don't even know any scores. :clap:

From another Site I use, by a Rangers Fan (Trusevich), attendances in the SPL yesterday :

Celtic v Aberdeen.

Att: 48,251

Capacity: 60,832

79% full.

Hearts V St Johnstone.

Att: 13,022

Capacity: 17,420

74% full.

Kilmarnock v Dundee.

Att: 6,523

Capacity: 18,128

36% full.

Ross County v Motherwell.

Att: 4,828

Capacity: 6,300

77% full.

St Mirren v Inverness Caley Thistle.

Att: 4,104

Capacity: 8,023

51% full.

Not really a saying that Rangers fans can identify with ;)

I'm down in Nottingham at the minute visiting family, anyway, me and the brother in law were in hooters yesterday talking to some forest and villa fans, pre season friendly, the home and away fans mix in pubs down here. Obviously theyre asking me what team I support so we gets onto the conversation on what has happened to us, I filled them in as best I could and some of them had a good bit of knowledge about our situation. They found it utterly unbelievable that we got thrown in the 3rd division, they think the spl is a joke now and were literally laughing about how shit it's going to be.

They also compared it to man utd and said the fa down their would never have let it get that far for any team never mind the biggest in the league, seems something dodgy is going on.

Now bear in mind these are neutral impartial observers. It was refreshing to hear the boys praising us and being positive saying we won't lose a game for 3 years and stuff, lol. And also the fact that it's not just us that think the sfa and spl are corrupt lying bastards.

Just shows you how everything is perceived by proper football people.

Oh and I ended up well pished. Kebabs all over the place!

Sorry.

Got distracted when you mentioned hooters. What were you saying?

I was at Liverpool street station a couple of months ago in a Rangers hoodie shortly after we went in admin and there was this middle-aged guy in a really old Celtic top (probably hadn't been washed since the last olympics) and this random guy shouted out "One Glasgow Rangers" in front of him and then said 'that one's for you mate' to me :lol: it was really funny the old guy's mouth dropped haha

Generally 8/10 English football fans will always prefer Rangers over Celtic and will always wish us well, the way the SFA have treated us will only increase that respect for Rangers.

Rangers fans are known as proud patriotic Brits/Scots whilst septic fans are known to care more about Ireland than their "own" country whilst praising terrorists; mocking stadium disasters; hating on British soldiers ETCETERA - they are pure scum they should not be welcome on Britain's soil :uk:

That's an average gate of 63.4%. HAHAHAHA :)

We had this discussion yesterday, the actual average is 69%

The way you worked it out for 63% doesn't work cos all the grounds are different sizes so it doesn't give an accurate figure - you need to work out the total attendances divided by the total capacities which equals 69%

Yeah, just thought it was quiet interesting. I thought one or two would say "you deserve to get relegated, lose your players, yada, yada" like they do up here, but not one guy said that they were just saying it was shocking. Tbh I've heard the crap from fans up here for so long I was beginning to think it was the norm. But folk wishing us a speedy recovery really did make me be proud to be a bear. They also know we're the British team :lol:

We didn't get relegated but its still shocking the way we have been treated. I've always found most people outwith Scotland are pretty scathing about the game up here. I've come across some that are sympathetic about our treatment but tbh most couldn't care less. The game has definitely been damaged and who knows what it will be like by the time we are back in the top flight. I'm just going to try and concentrate on the now and enjoy the football this season.

We had this discussion yesterday, the actual average is 69%

The way you worked it out for 63% doesn't work cos all the grounds are different sizes so it doesn't give an accurate figure - you need to work out the total attendances divided by the total capacities which equals 69%

63.4% is the average attendance at stadiums yesterday, 69% is the total capacity usage... :craphead: