I am so proud of being in Div 3

delamonty

Mr. Longmuir has certainly said it best when he welcomed

'one of the biggest clubs in Europe and the world'

to the SFL. But Bears.. Here is why I ( as most I'm sure) are glad to be where we are....

• As a support, we demanded that we would not seek favour from the corrupt SFA/SPL allegiance,
  • We will accept (because of alleged criminal behaviour of previous 'owners') that we are relegated to Scotland's fourth tier,

We did not start again -- it is just a new chapter. So the new chapter will:
  • Give life -- and recognition -- to our Div 3 compatriots. Most of which have 9-5 jobs.
  • We will make great friends along the way
  • Give them budgets for years to come
  • Develop Scottish youth and hopefully off of the couch.

AND.. we have done this willingly. WE have helped our country, our youth in ways unimaginable. The focus * -- rightly -- is on us. It is going to be an incredible journey, not only for us Bears.. but our new found friends.

We accepted 'life' as corrupt as it is.... and have survived. And by all accounts, we will (and the SFL) will thrive for years.

This is why I am proud.

* EDIT: Focus means media coverage etc...

I wouldn't want to be anywhere else in Scotland other than Div3 right now.

We will grow up the leagues and take them all by storm. By the time we are back in the SPL we should be so financially secure that the mhanks will be terrified.

The cups this year are so, so important.

That dark cloud of financial uncertainty that has been hanging over us for 10 years has now vanished, the future is ours. No more dread of an impending doom, no more burden of heavy debt and no more mistrust of crooks sitting within the board. Rangers has been returned to the people.

Very true. I also think that this journey will breathe fresh life into the domestic cup competitions. For example, never before have I really bothered about the Scottish Cup. However, if we won it this season, I'd rank up there alongside any SPL title win.

Not to mention, the momentum we'll generate over the next few years will be terrific. I've said it before; we're in the early days of the most successful decade in this club's history.

I think winning the League cup would be up there with winning the SPL this season. I have always rated the Scottish cup as being the second most important tournament in this country.