We want to sweep the board winning everthing this season.

hellfirejet

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/rangers/149639-francisco-sandaza-rangers-ambition-is-to-sweep-the-board-this-season/

Rangers

Francisco Sandaza: Rangers' ambition is to sweep the board this season

STV 14 August 2012 16:14 BST

Rangers’ ambition is to complete a domestic treble this season, according to summer signing Francisco Sandaza.

The striker, recruited on a free transfer after his departure from St Johnstone, says the squad has set its sights on winning both the League and Scottish Cups, as well as the Third Division championship.

“It must be our objective to win both cups and go up to the Second Division, or if they change the law about the leagues to go to the SPL,” he said.

“We have to live in the present and our division is this now and try to go up, and win the two cups.

“That's why we are signing good players. We will go for it, that's for sure.”

Rangers’ life in the bottom tier got off to a poor start with a last gasp equaliser at Peterhead at the weekend, securing a 2-2 draw.

Sandaza though maintains his team will up their game and also holds a belief they may not have to work their way up the ladder to return to the top flight.

“I'm not sure about the laws," said the Spaniard. “More than two years? I don't think so. Next year or a maximum of two years we will be back in the SPL.

“We know that when we play away, it is going to be different than at home. Even for the clubs we will play against, it is going to be a massive game for them and they will give even more they normally do.

“It was our first game and we know we are a better team than the rest of the teams. But we have to show them respect and try to keep working as always to win games.”

Sandaza previously said he could score 25 more goals at Rangers than he would at St Johnstone if given the chance in Ally McCoist’s side.

Having netted 18 times for the Saints last season, that would mean a 43-goal haul is required from the player this term but he laughed off the prospect of living up to his comments.

“I will score goals but I cannot say a target,” he said. “I am sure I will do my best and try to score as many as I can. I promise sacrifice, hard work and I will score goals for sure.

“Obviously, to play for Rangers you will have more chances and more pressure. But I like the pressure and I am sure I will score more goals.”

The 27-year-old saw a move to Rangers fall through in January but says he had no qualms about making the switch at the second time of asking.

“The difference now is that it is a new project starting from zero. It is a big club. In January, nothing was clear. Now I think it is the right time for me.”

http://sport.stv.tv/...rd-this-season/

Rangers

Francisco Sandaza: Rangers' ambition is to sweep the board this season

STV 14 August 2012 16:14 BST

Rangers' ambition is to complete a domestic treble this season, according to summer signing Francisco Sandaza.

The striker, recruited on a free transfer after his departure from St Johnstone, says the squad has set its sights on winning both the League and Scottish Cups, as well as the Third Division championship.

"It must be our objective to win both cups and go up to the Second Division, or if they change the law about the leagues to go to the SPL," he said.

"We have to live in the present and our division is this now and try to go up, and win the two cups.

"That's why we are signing good players. We will go for it, that's for sure."

Rangers' life in the bottom tier got off to a poor start with a last gasp equaliser at Peterhead at the weekend, securing a 2-2 draw.

Sandaza though maintains his team will up their game and also holds a belief they may not have to work their way up the ladder to return to the top flight.

"I'm not sure about the laws," said the Spaniard. "More than two years? I don't think so. Next year or a maximum of two years we will be back in the SPL.

"We know that when we play away, it is going to be different than at home. Even for the clubs we will play against, it is going to be a massive game for them and they will give even more they normally do.

"It was our first game and we know we are a better team than the rest of the teams. But we have to show them respect and try to keep working as always to win games."

Sandaza previously said he could score 25 more goals at Rangers than he would at St Johnstone if given the chance in Ally McCoist's side.

Having netted 18 times for the Saints last season, that would mean a 43-goal haul is required from the player this term but he laughed off the prospect of living up to his comments.

"I will score goals but I cannot say a target," he said. "I am sure I will do my best and try to score as many as I can. I promise sacrifice, hard work and I will score goals for sure.

"Obviously, to play for Rangers you will have more chances and more pressure. But I like the pressure and I am sure I will score more goals."

The 27-year-old saw a move to Rangers fall through in January but says he had no qualms about making the switch at the second time of asking.

"The difference now is that it is a new project starting from zero. It is a big club. In January, nothing was clear. Now I think it is the right time for me."

wacko.gif