Apologies for bringing up an old topic...

Gaz92

Sfunny cos when these "runaways" were wee boys and dreamed of playing football they never thought about money. They dived in goal like Andy Goram, scored like Mark Hately and and did a "greedy" and beat everyone on the park like Laudrup. When they got their chance at the big time - money crept in, cars, status, houses etc.... And they were caught. The problem I have is that these chunts had the opportunity to give a bit back and shat on us. "morgage to pay, families to feed" pish.... how much does fuckin fish fingers cost ffs. They chased greed and forgot all about WHY they wanted to play football....

Now when a player ends up with so much money that they could buy a bloody golden unicorn or drive a space shuttle to training they start to dream again about playing football ....... cos they could play for any team they wish wages optional...

Really, in the modern game, can anyone expect young guys to turn down weath. But then again, he left us in an up mode, maybe he'd like to return to bring us out of our present predicament, but I doubt it.

Unfortunately, money is king in the game these days.

Cannot believe I share the same surname as that wee rhat bhag. Moreover I can't believe loads of bears were pissed off when he went. Positional play was shit, crap on the turn, all he had was a bit of pace, on top of that he is a fuckin taig, and from what I hear from a reliable source, his dad spat on the floor on his way into ibrox when he came to see him play, got more than a couple of slaps for it as well. He'll play for the tinks in the spl this season no doubt. Why do we put up with these rancid Cunts at rangers? They are only ripping the arse out of the majestic facilities at Murray park . Never want to see another one ofthem in the first team, if wee mcloed is one of them I'll be fuckin devastated, oh fuck here come the pacifist apologist brigade telling me that I'm a bigot.

Well ...... Yes I fuckin am. Proud one at that. Nothing against those of that flawed persuasion who have played for us, big Jorg is my hero, but the the taigy, republican, shite smearing supporting kind. Line them up against the tinks on the park and I guarantee you, a bit of them if not all enjoy the ditties coming fro

The broomloan , than those from the other 3 stands at ibrox, cos the sing them when out of site of the public wee Ross mac, after scoring against Porto in the cl, got off the plane, went home and put his Sellick top on. If you are that rabid, that you need to act like that, why oh why would you run down to the bears and go fuckin crazy in front of us like you really want to be there, beats me.

No Surrender

Rab

guys like mcgregor, naismith, davis, probably got around 1m quid added to their wages over the lenght of their contracts.they were never going to turn that kind of money down to help us out.i think worse of players like ness, mcabe, wylde etc who were nurtured by the club and in ness's case likely we saved his career, who walked out when it came to payback time.before anyone excuses wylde i have it on excellent authority he and his father {a good friend of owen coyle from his playing days}had been talking to bolton 2 weeks prior to his wonderful gesture

Why not? Hardly would have made them skint.

professional footballers do have a short career in comparison but who are they going to support once their careers are over? certainly hope its not the team they claimed to "support all their lifes" cause for all the good memories they may have provided, in jumping ship in the manner they did, they will forever be unwelcome back at ibrox as fans in my eyes, big jig on the other hand proved what playing for rangers meant to him and his family and for what he has done in nailing his colours to the mast in the manner in which he has done will forever be highly regarded by our support even after his career is finished, as they say, money can't buy you everything in life..............how much will betrayal be worth when all the "elopers" careers are over???

When footballers claim to be fans of a Club, it doesn't mean they're fans like we are.

They've never hitched hundreds of miles, slept in railway stations, spent days on a crappy bus etc to go to games.

Well said, or got two planes from two different airports to watch Rangers play

Why not? Hardly would have made them skint.

Correct. Extra £10,000 a week becomes £5000 after the tax man takes his cut. Then the agent takes his share. When his careers over the wife divorces him and takes half of everything then some. At least at Rangers you win trophies.