Forget Celtic. Relax!

jebus197

I think he's refering to the part of the history where some supporters seem to think you have to be a bigot in order to be a supporter of this club. Lol. I have plenty of evidence that you don't.

Ive certainly never seen anywhere that you have to be a bigot, though I have seen plenty of bigoted behaviour. More recently most of this has been from other people in Scotland against our club, fans, press, etc.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hows this guy got so many positive reps? If people are so unhappy about Loyalist songs, God Save the Queen and Unionism then support someone else. Its not as if we hid it from people for years. People knew what they were getting when they started supporting Rangers.

So many people want to change our club and forget how we got here!

I'm done anyway guys. (For the night at least). It's interesting that most of you (although I'm no longer convinced the 'majority') just don't get it. If you had half a brain cell to share between you, you would have worked it out that the way to win is not to play the game. (To quote a favourite movie of mine). We are and have been widely despised throughout a lot of Scottish football because we (along with 'that other team') have developed a reputation as being a bigoted club with a significant minority of really quite unsavoury fan support.

We have not made a good go of winning friends in the past. The evidence is all around for all to see.

I stick by my original comment. We have an opportunity to change that. There's nobody left to hate. Except maybe the SFA and the SPL. But we get to have the pleasure of getting on with playing football while we watch from a safe distance while hopefully these guys all implode. What I'm saying is we can just make it about fun and football and we don't have to care about any of that crap any more.

The best way we can win is to give these guys nothing to hate. To carry ourself with pride and dignity all the way back to the top. I'm not sure 3 years would be long enough for us to forget about Celtic, or for them to forget about us. But there's no gurantee that in 3 years Celtic will still even be there, or be playing in a Scottish league. I have it on good information that they are shortly about to post their biggest annual loss in their history. They're scratching their heads over why this is happening, but the reality is our departure from the SPL has hurt them hugely too.

So the way I look at it, it's a divorce. I would almost be happy to see Rangers never play in the SPL again, at least not under the current structure and management of the SFA and SPL. If that means the divorce becomes permanent, then so be it. The fan base and the support for this club clearly aren't going anywhere.

I just think we can build something good out of this. Something even better than we had before. And if that means we ditch all of the hatred and bigotry too, then all the better.

I don't apologise for hoping for something better, or for holding our fans to a higher standard than the opposition, because that's exactly how we prove that we are better than them.

I'm done anyway guys. (For the night at least). It's interesting that most of you (although I'm no longer convinced the 'majority') just don't get it. If you had half a brain cell to share between you, you would have worked it out that the way to win is not to play the game. (To quote a favourite movie of mine). We are and have been widely despised throughout a lot of Scottish football because we (along with 'that other team') have developed a reputation as being a bigoted club with a significant minority of really quite unsavoury fan support.

We have not made a good go of winning friends in the past. The evidence is all around for all to see.

I stick by my original comment. We have an opportunity to change that. There's nobody left to hate. Except maybe the SFA and the SPL. But we get to have the pleasure of getting on with playing football while we watch from a safe distance while hopefully these guys all implode. What I'm saying is we can just make it about fun and football and we don't have to care about any of that crap any more.

The best way we can win is to give these guys nothing to hate. To carry ourself with pride and dignity all the way back to the top. I'm not sure 3 years would be long enough for us to forget about Celtic, or for them to forget about us. But there's no gurantee that in 3 years Celtic will still even be there, or be playing in a Scottish league. I have it on good information that they are shortly about to post their biggest annual loss in their history. They're scratching their heads over why this is happening, but the reality is our departure from the SPL has hurt them hugely too.

So the way I look at it, it's a divorce. I would almost be happy to see Rangers never play in the SPL again, at least not under the current structure and management of the SFA and SPL. If that means the divorce becomes permanent, then so be it. The fan base and the support for this club clearly aren't going anywhere.

I just think we can build something good out of this. Something even better than we had before. And if that means we ditch all of the hatred and bigotry too, then all the better.

I don't apologise for hoping for something better, or for holding our fans to a higher standard than the opposition, because that's exactly how we prove that we are better than them.

Wank

Hows this guy got so many positive reps? If people are so unhappy about Loyalist songs, God Save the Queen and Unionism then support someone else. Its not as if we hid it from people for years. People knew what they were getting when they started supporting Rangers.

Because Sir, while a minority of supporters on here have done their damdest to sink me on this thread, I am clearly not alone.

Does your political and religious beliefs define which team you support or does which team you support define your political and religious beliefs?

I get what you're saying but at times it can be a non-serious issue. Me and my mates (Rangers and Celtic fans) can have a laugh about the names each set of fans gets called at times. It's not something that we would say to each other in a serious sense and is taken as a joke (which it is). I see where you're coming from and I do agree these things can get serious occasionally but I don't think it's as big a problem as it's made out to be.

I get what you're saying but at times it can be a non-serious issue. Me and my mates (Rangers and Celtic fans) can have a laugh about the names each set of fans gets called at times. It's not something that we would say to each other in a serious sense and is taken as a joke (which it is). I see where you're coming from and I do agree these things can get serious occasionally but I don't think it's as big a problem as it's made out to be.

It's made quite a few on here to start foaming at the mouth. :lol:

Does your political and religious beliefs define which team you support or does which team you support define your political and religious beliefs?

Now now, That won't do. Play fair. You're raising the tone of the debate!

I'm done anyway guys. (For the night at least).

Not only are you a tit but your a fucking liar as well!

Bedtime Timothy! Now please fuck off before I kick fuck out of my fridge! F*ck the pope. How does that sit with your ethos?