Forget Celtic. Relax!

jebus197

I tollerate them. Lol.

Hmmmm ???? I hate smelltic for who they are and everything they represent! I will never shy away from telling them that and singing about it as well, Im not obsessed with them. First and foremost I'm a Rangers fan, secondly I hate cfc and all they stand for and given my moment I always vent my opinion about that shower of inbred fuckers. Why you ask: Because i've got a right to freedom of speech! As fought for by my ancestors BRAVE & BOLD!!!

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This may be old news and might have been posted previously - and I know I am probably going to be called a 'taig' and lose the remainder of my rep for saying this, but I just read this and thought it was an excellent piece: http://www.therangersstandard.co.uk/index.php/forum/article-debate/588-no-more-old-firm

I want to throw my hand in wholeheatedly with this perspective. Reading around certain people's comments on these matters often made me cringe and made me think twice about why I supported this club. It's not something I can change. I don't feel I have or ever had any choice in the matter. Like most people, the club we support is just something that get's passed onto us by our Dads when we are very small.

But I don't support secterianism in any shape or form whatsoever. I cringe at even the very use of the word 'taig'. I have never sang a secterian song in my life. I don't care about the Queen, or Jesus. They mean exactly nothing to me. What I care about is to watch 11 men run out on to the pitch and play their hearts out, for a club that (for better or worse) I love. In a sense this club are the only connection I still have with my Dad, who died several years ago.

Now you might call me strange, or 'weird', or you might go off on some rant about me secretly being a 'Tim', or a traitor or,, question my sexuality or whatever. But here's the rub. You're wrong. And no doubt as alien as my perspective may seem to you, those who do sing secterian songs, or hold secterian sympathies or beliefs (Catholic, Protestant, Hindu, or Jewish, or whatever) are uttely and completely alien to me.

Maybe all of this is over some folks heads here (or maybe it's under them lol), but I like what this guy has to say. I know a lot of Rangers fans are still smarting from the experiences of recent months, but I really think we have a chance to put all this crap behind us. I come on this forum and I regularly read comments about 'taigs' etc. and everyone just seems to take as the norm, as though it's something that should be accepted. But I think we have a chance to do something that wouldn't have been nearly as possible in the past. We can effectively forget Celtic and the whole secterian deal for at leat 3 years. Hopefully if we can live without it for 3 years, we can lean to live without it permanatly. There is no excuse for it any more in the division and in the position we're in. Some guys here might think that's tough logic, since 'the other team does it and all we are doing is giving them the same thing back.' But that's such an utterly idiotic perspective that it beggars belief. The way to win at this game, the way to really win and to beat your enemies in a way in which they can have no reply, is simply not to do it.

Make it about the one thing we all care about most, which is watching those 11 good men and true play football. For us for the time being, Celtic can effectively 'cease to exist' Maybe we'll encounter them in an occasional cup match or whatever, but they are hardly a significant blip on our radar. I would love to take my wife and kids to see all these unique and intersting parts of Scotland that Rangers will travel to -and to Ibrox too to see home games. But right now I'm still nervous about that, as the secterian element is often still all too evident.

But anyway, go ahead and vote me down. I'm not sure that this is a popular perspective around these forums -and if the evidence is anything to go by, I'm probably a minority.

The Good news is I'm not alone. There's a Facebook group for people who think and feel like me with in excess of 600 members so far: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rangers-Fans-Against-Sectarianism/139824442752365

No doubt I'll be told to fuck off there permanantly if I'm not always happy with the way things are done around here - and sometimes I have been tempted to do exactly that. (Due to my many downvotes for not singing along to the same song sheet as some of the guys here). But at least now I know and can be happy that if I do, I won't be alone.

Bud I understand where you come from with this. However it fails to take into account a variety of circumstances. If we were a group in isolation than yes we can easily choose the likes and dislikes of the group. Characteristics and group consensus will shape that .

Its called groupisim its basically the same thing that allows young men to fight for their country and feel proud of it.

As a group we have a responsibility to that group to defend it and yes even attack those that want to destroy us.

Now I am not advocating we go over and start killing them, but the form of war we are waged in is a fight against oppression, they would have us feeling guilty about being proud to support Rangers and they do this by attacking the group identity. They try to erode our identity and make it look to be something that is wrong

Doing nothing and ignoring it (dignified Silence) will do nothing as the people will only hear one side. The attacks grow bolder and then it becomes a perceived truth.

So yes I will use the terms I wish to describe them as long as they continue to threaten my right to do so.

Oh and I am an atheist its nothing to do with religion for me the words I use to describe them are just that words

Bud I understand where you come from with this. However it fails to take into account a variety of circumstances. If we were a group in isolation than yes we can easily choose the likes and dislikes of the group. Characteristics and group consensus will shape that .

Its called groupisim its basically the same thing that allows young men to fight for their country and feel proud of it.

As a group we have a responsibility to that group to defend it and yes even attack those that want to destroy us.

Now I am not advocating we go over and start killing them, but the form of war we are waged in is a fight against oppression, they would have us feeling guilty about being proud to support Rangers and they do this by attacking the group identity. They try to erode our identity and make it look to be something that is wrong

Doing nothing and ignoring it (dignified Silence) will do nothing as the people will only hear one side. The attacks grow bolder and then it becomes a perceived truth.

So yes I will use the terms I wish to describe them as long as they continue to threaten my right to do so.

Oh and I am an atheist its nothing to do with religion for me the words I use to describe them are just that words

I'm just making a stand for my own. And that's all. Whatever else people here say they subcribe to or believe in, as much as I love this club, don't make the mistake of thinking I have to subscibe to it too. I wouldn't make a good sheep.

I'm just making a stand for my own. And that's all. Whatever else people here say they subcribe to or believe in, as much as I love this club, don't make the mistake of thinking I have to subscibe to it too. I wouldn't make a good sheep.

But that’s just it you’re not, you’re trying to persuade other rangers fans that a policy of, appeasement and non-confrontation is one that’s best.

If history has taught us anything it is that trying to appease people who have an agenda to do you harm never works, it just makes them bolder

I hate the fact that the thought police are winning the day in our country, political correctness is a bandwagon that is jumped upon by every little group who have an agenda to pursue and it is foolish to sit back and allow it.

The very worse though is when they get us to do it to ourselves

But that’s just it you’re not, you’re trying to persuade other rangers fans that a policy of, appeasement and non-confrontation is one that’s best.

If history has taught us anything it is that trying to appease people who have an agenda to do you harm never works, it just makes them bolder

I hate the fact that the thought police are winning the day in our country, political correctness is a bandwagon that is jumped upon by every little group who have an agenda to pursue and it is foolish to sit back and allow it.

The very worse though is when they get us to do it to ourselves

Spot on mate, there has been over the last few years a vocal minority in our support who have tried and still are trying to inflict their PC views on the majority of our fans, now I dont care if they are lefty leaf eating sandal wearing gimps who bow down to the taigs rather than get in a fight over it, but I wish they would fuck off into their holes and stop inflicting their will on the rest of us.

so because i Like the Queen and sing GSTQ am classed as being sectarian ?

The actually is fucking thanking scotland <cr> on a great result when they were booing oor player cheek tae call theirselves Rangers fans . This sort of shite is set up to try and divide our support get it tae fuck

You realise the irony of this statement, don't you.

I make no excuse for despising bigotry and those who indulge in such practices. Also I am clearly in much less of a minority than you think. To hate hatred is probably the only good use for this particular emotion.

In any case for those guys still puzzling over a decent definition of bigotry, you could do worse than read this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bigotry

See how many of these criteria you meet. Run a little self test if you want. If you feel some, or all of it might apply to you, then it's pretty likely to be a safe bet that you probably are a bigot.

I'm not saying anyone here is, but it might help you decide for yourself. ;)

I make no excuse for despising bigotry and those who indulge in such practices. Also I am clearly in much less of a minority than you think. To hate hatred is probably the only good use for this particular emotion.

In any case for those guys still puzzling over a decent definition of bigotry, you could do worse than read this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bigotry

See how many of these criteria you meet. Run a little self test if you want. If you feel some, or all of it might apply to you, then it's pretty likely to be a safe bet that you probably are a bigot.

I'm not saying anyone here is, but it might help you decide for yourself. ;)

Your hatred for something makes you a bigot. Everyone is bigoted in someway now fuck off and take up morris dancing or some shite with yer taig pals

but being a bigot is not necessarily a bad thing. Its a word used to make you feel bad and think that what you are doing is wrong.

That's not always the case i think most people would find that a hatred and intolerance of Nazism is a justifiable bigoted stance for example

but being a bigot is not necessarily a bad thing. Its a word used to make you feel bad and think that what you are doing is wrong.

That's not always the case i think most people would find that a hatred and intolerance of Nazism is a justifiable bigoted stance for example

Exactly mate, but the OP is a fucking dildo

Your hatred for something makes you a bigot. Everyone is bigoted in someway now fuck off and take up morris dancing or some shite with yer taig pals

I don't have any 'taig' friends. I do however have several Catholic, Jewish, Muslim, Hindu, aethist and agnostic friends. I would happily spend an hour in any of their company, than I would in minute in yours.

I bet you kneel down and pray to an effigy of King Billy every night, lol.

So you want to have a big old Nazi love in? Lol.