Statement from Falkirk Chairman Martin Ritchie

North Rd

So....a reasonable interpretation of what this Falkirk Chairman said would be that he it was a statement from a person who has strong, unreasonable beliefs and who thinks that anyone who does not have the same beliefs is wrong? Maybe the SFA should be acting on his statement - or is that only reserved for taking action against Rangers?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We don't need their sympathy but what we do want is respect for taking the punishment dished out and looking to move on - that goes for the club, the board, the management, the players and the fans. But snidey comments from nomarks who haven't benefitted Scottish Football should keep their thoughts and focus on improving their own clubs without appearing to revel in the downfall of Scotland's biggest club.

This "letter" is pathetic from a CHAIRMAN of a club 2 leagues above us - we have no sympathy but we'll take the money you give us - hypocritical to the extreme!

Cool- being berated by another 13 year old RM Virgin - It's like being walloped with a feather duster

Always the contovertial one eh Peter ?? Aithiest my arse , another ploy for attention,,,,13 yr old ..aye thats no bad son ,,i Attended my first Rangers game at east end park against Dunfermline 1965.....BAWSACK ...

Always the contovertial one eh Peter ?? Aithiest my arse , another ploy for attention,,,,13 yr old ..aye thats no bad son ,,i Attended my first Rangers game at east end park against Dunfermline 1965.....BAWSACK ...

My apologies - I retreact - Now that I know Ihave been "gummed" by an auld fart!

I can't say I am offended by anything in the letter. He is obviously saying what their tiny fanbase wants him to say. I don't want sympathy from their shitty wee club, but a little bit of respect would have been welcome.

The best thing we can to is thrash them on Thursday and show them up for what they are. I will never boycott a game at Ibrox because of what some clown says in their local rag. Our team need our support more than ever and refusing to attend home games to spite others is counter productive both financially and in terms of team morale.

If some NED comes round to your house and spouts a load of piss do you leave in a huff or do you show the wee runt up for what he is? Come along to the game and throw them abuse for 90 minutes or sit in front of your TV all offended. It's your choice fellow Bears. I know where I will be.

I don't take offence to much of anything that happens in Scottish football.

What I object to is the way that this is sent across.

Firstly, we get an apology. Secondly, he apologises for apologising, then suggests that he only did it so he could get our money from us, and that if he didn't we would probably beat up their fans and trash the stadium? And then to end it all, he wants to make sure that everyone knows that they don't like us.

Honestly, I can take the 'joke', and I just think it is a matter that we as a fanbase, and the club, have had enough of people constantly having digs at us, so we were always going to over-react a bit to something, but, the fact that they have to ensure that any apology they give us is so reserved as to be meaningless just looks pathetic.

In addition, I love the idea that they think the SFA would fine them for it, that's probably what they SFA officially call us.