John Coughlin insists it'll be tough for teams to get up for clashes after playi

Broxy Bear

JOHN COUGHLIN reckons it’s near impossible for Third Division teams to get the adrenalin going again after playing Rangers.

The East Stirling manager watched his own team run out in front of a 49,000 crowd before losing 5-1 at Ibrox a couple of weeks ago.

However, it was a whole new ball game at Ochilview on Saturday as a meagre 257 fans turned up for the 4-1 defeat to league leaders Elgin.

Today Coughlin will find out how Berwick handle the after-effects of taking on Rangers after their shock 1-1 draw at Shielfield Park last Sunday.

One thing he is certain about is that having Rangers in the basement league is brilliant for the other Third Division sides – because their fans are “lighting up the place.”

Coughlin said: “I’m hoping Berwick suffer a wee bit like we did after we played Rangers because it becomes apparent once you have played them that mentally and physically it takes a while to get back going again. I am sure Berwick will feel that.

“Before we played Elgin I worried about the mental side, coming from a 49,000 crowd at Ibrox to 250 at Ochilview. There’s a kind of deflation, the adrenalin is not flowing as it should be.

“It was a great experience to play Rangers and I was down at Berwick watching the game on Sunday.

“Rangers supporters are just lighting up the place. Regardless of results, the Rangers fans are simply fantastic.

“They are travelling in numbers and it’s a breath of fresh air in the Third Division.

“Every game has a genuine cup tie atmosphere because everyone wants to try and take something off them.

“When you look at their game against Berwick I think they got out of jail with the goal that was disallowed.”

JOHN COUGHLIN reckons it’s near impossible for Third Division teams to get the adrenalin going again after playing Rangers.

The East Stirling manager watched his own team run out in front of a 49,000 crowd before losing 5-1 at Ibrox a couple of weeks ago.

However, it was a whole new ball game at Ochilview on Saturday as a meagre 257 fans turned up for the 4-1 defeat to league leaders Elgin.

Today Coughlin will find out how Berwick handle the after-effects of taking on Rangers after their shock 1-1 draw at Shielfield Park last Sunday.

One thing he is certain about is that having Rangers in the basement league is brilliant for the other Third Division sides – because their fans are “lighting up the place.”

Coughlin said: “I’m hoping Berwick suffer a wee bit like we did after we played Rangers because it becomes apparent once you have played them that mentally and physically it takes a while to get back going again. I am sure Berwick will feel that.

“Before we played Elgin I worried about the mental side, coming from a 49,000 crowd at Ibrox to 250 at Ochilview. There’s a kind of deflation, the adrenalin is not flowing as it should be.

“It was a great experience to play Rangers and I was down at Berwick watching the game on Sunday.

“Rangers supporters are just lighting up the place. Regardless of results, the Rangers fans are simply fantastic.

“They are travelling in numbers and it’s a breath of fresh air in the Third Division.

“Every game has a genuine cup tie atmosphere because everyone wants to try and take something off them.

“When you look at their game against Berwick I think they got out of jail with the goal that was disallowed.”

A really excellent response from him. He and the other teams are really doing themselves proud with their very public show of respect for rangers and the fans.

JOHN COUGHLIN reckons it's near impossible for Third Division teams to get the adrenalin going again after playing Rangers.

One thing he is certain about is that having Rangers in the basement league is brilliant for the other Third Division sides – because their fans are "lighting up the place."

Coughlin said: "I'm hoping Berwick suffer a wee bit like we did after we played Rangers because it becomes apparent once you have played them that mentally and physically it takes a while to get back going again. I am sure Berwick will feel that.

"Before we played Elgin I worried about the mental side, coming from a 49,000 crowd at Ibrox to 250 at Ochilview. There's a kind of deflation, the adrenalin is not flowing as it should be.

"It was a great experience to play Rangers and I was down at Berwick watching the game on Sunday.

"Rangers supporters are just lighting up the place. Regardless of results, the Rangers fans are simply fantastic.

"They are travelling in numbers and it's a breath of fresh air in the Third Division.

"Every game has a genuine cup tie atmosphere because everyone wants to try and take something off them.

"When you look at their game against Berwick I think they got out of jail with the goal that was disallowed."

Was this in the media.

Good sound statement.Rangers in SFL3 is a financial Godsend to these wee Clubs but more importantly,they are starting to enjoy the experience.Our fans having a party at Ibrox and also 'lighting up' away grounds.This season will live long in many memories and Rangers will make many friends. WATP. :21: