Walter Smith - The footballer

centenarystand

I'm too young to remember Walter's playing days, but all the best managers were shite players. Some weren't even players at all.

You must be young and SAF was not a 'shite' player and is widely regarded as the greatest manager. I don't want to go in to the ins and outs of him leaving Rangers but he was not a 'shite' footballer.

You must be young and SAF was not a 'shite' player and is widely regarded as the greatest manager. I don't want to go in to the ins and outs of him leaving Rangers but he was not a 'shite' footballer.

But his managerial skills obviously shites all over his skills as a player.

It is Davie Wilson AND Murder McLeod.

Taken at Dumbarton where Sir Walter played as did Murder......Davie Wilson was the manager....

How many points for the picture round Sue Barker?

Well done,

However, for a bonus point - can you name the player next to McLeod ??

(little clue - later in his career, he was signed by Notts Forest in 1980 for over a million, crazy money at the time)

Can anyone spot him? :)

sons.jpg

Here is the big fella scoring a peach for...........Hearts (SFL3 feeder club) (SFL3 feeder club), an o.g. whilst playing for Dumbarton! :)

Prentice+Scores+Cup+Semi+Final+1976.jpg

Found this one too from his Utd days.

2014.gif

Some of the younger Bears may not be aware Sir Walter is also a time served electrician as well as a top football manager and former player!

Davy Wilson in the front row

It may well be mate with his masonic ring on too. ;)

Need to hold a seance and ask my dad about the ring............was h is 18th birthday present to me and I said no.....as I was uptown every night back then,....never gave another gift after that biggrin.gif Come to think he never before that, was always my mother that got them for me uk.gif

Wonder why she never offered me to join Eastern Star biggrin.gif