Rangers captain required in the Captain Cutlass mould

ray

Rangers class captain required. refer to history for examples of calibre required, if Ally is unable to man manage to find one he won't mind us giving him a helping hand.

I suggest moving Jig to CH permanently and letting him do the arse kicking on the pitch........you up for it Jig ?

All other applicants to be scrutinised and considered, suggestions here.

I do not believe McCulloch is correct for captain, he should have been booting balls at half time with a reaction second half which we never saw. He must not move back to defence either.

Silly me, I thought it was McCoist's job to boot baws at half time, how wrong can I be. :cgreen:

I have been in many dressing rooms, it is both their jobs, in fact the coaches should be in on it too and the players themselves should be ashamed of playing like that.

I get it, its nobodies fault it's a collective thing, everyone gets a shot of passing the buck rather than any one individual take responsibility, funny thing is even when I got paid for playing the responsibility was the managers, ah the modern game they've confused it with rocket science.

I get it, its nobodies fault it's a collective thing, everyone gets a shot of passing the buck rather than any one individual take responsibility, funny thing is even when I got paid for playing the responsibility was the managers, ah the modern game they've confused it with rocket science.

The buck ultimately stops with the manager.

As it is the managers to select the right man to convey his instructions on the pitch and too pull players up and together when required, Coisty better get it sorted quick or it could end up costing him.

It would really depend on what level you played at and when...But the concept of the manager taking the blame for everything is a modern philosophy brought on by the financial side of the game and the lack of patience with the modern football fan and owner...I have never played professionally but after a poor performance the blame was always with us as players first and foremost not the captain or the gaffer.

Mcculloch may not be the greatest Rangers captain of all time but at the moment he is unquestionably the best we have...

I understand your frustration like everyone else's but we need to gain a sense of perspective on our current situation. Today was shit and it did seem like we lacked any leadership on or off the pitch when the going got tough to turn/change things around but now is not the time for questioning the likes of Mcculloch or Mccoist who have done more than anyone for us to still be the great club we are, its a time for patience and hopefully a change in philosophy for training and approaching games.

It would really depend on what level you played at and when...But the concept of the manager taking the blame for everything is a modern philosophy brought on by the financial side of the game and the lack of patience with the modern football fan and owner...I have never played professionally but after a poor performance the blame was always with us as players first and foremost not the captain or the gaffer.

Mcculloch may not be the greatest Rangers captain of all time but at the moment he is unquestionably the best we have...

I understand your frustration like everyone else's but we need to gain a sense of perspective on our current situation. Today was shit and it did seem like we lacked any leadership on or off the pitch when the going got tough to turn/change things around but now is not the time for questioning the likes of Mcculloch or Mccoist who have done more than anyone for us to still be the great club we are, its a time for patience and hopefully a change in philosophy for training and approaching games.

Patience my fuckin arse, if you can't see the absurdity of Annan holding The Rangers to a draw, we should turn Auchenhowie back into farmland and put the padlocks on the Ibrox gates, it is like a Ferrari against a bike.

Patience my fuckin arse, if you can't see the absurdity of Annan holding The Rangers to a draw, we should turn Auchenhowie back into farmland and put the padlocks on the Ibrox gates, it is like a Ferrari against a bike.

If you have played at a decent level mate you will know football doesn't work like that.

I accept that as a full-time team training everyday and getting paid more than the whole division put together there is absolutely no excuse for the abject performances away from home so far. I dont buy into this whole "cup final" mentality...I guarantee that Annan, Peterhead etc will have played better this season than they did against us.

We do need to change things from top to bottom and I would like to see a new 1st team coach come in with some fresh ideas but what good does it do at the moment making knee-jerk decisions 5 games into a season.

Rangers class captain required. refer to history for examples of calibre required, if Ally is unable to man manage to find one he won't mind us giving him a helping hand.

I suggest moving Jig to CH permanently and letting him do the arse kicking on the pitch........you up for it Jig ?

All other applicants to be scrutinised and considered, suggestions here.

Thank fuck you aren't the Manager.

It's bad enough that it's McCoist.

:wink:

If you have played at a decent level mate you will know football doesn't work like that.

I accept that as a full-time team training everyday and getting paid more than the whole division put together there is absolutely no excuse for the abject performances away from home so far. I dont buy into this whole "cup final" mentality...I guarantee that Annan, Peterhead etc will have played better this season than they did against us.

We do need to change things from top to bottom and I would like to see a new 1st team coach come in with some fresh ideas but what good does it do at the moment making knee-jerk decisions 5 games into a season.

FFS the reason there is different divisions is that is exactly how fitba' works, with the odd giant killing thrown in, just like the good book and if nothing else we are giants. :cgreen:

FFS the reason there is different divisions is that is exactly how fitba' works, with the odd giant killing thrown in, just like the good book and if nothing else we are giants. :cgreen:

Mate bear in mind I am 100% agreeing with you that the performances have not been good enough and even with the players we have lost their is no excuse based on the squad and resources we have in comparison to the likes of Annan. We should always be beating a team like that.

My point is that having the best training facilities, the best paid players or the biggest support doesnt guarantee anything unless the attitude is right and thats the concern for me..and that comes from within, mccoist can be blamed for the tactical side of things and the likes of Jig should maybe do more to inspire/motivate on the park but if each individual doesnt approach each game in the right way then none of that matters. I get the impression some of these guys are turning up at these wee grounds and switching off.

What do you suggest we do then?

Mate bear in mind I am 100% agreeing with you that the performances have not been good enough and even with the players we have lost their is no excuse based on the squad and resources we have in comparison to the likes of Annan. We should always be beating a team like that.

My point is that having the best training facilities, the best paid players or the biggest support doesnt guarantee anything unless the attitude is right and thats the concern for me..and that comes from within, mccoist can be blamed for the tactical side of things and the likes of Jig should maybe do more to inspire/motivate on the park but if each individual doesnt approach each game in the right way then none of that matters. I get the impression some of these guys are turning up at these wee grounds and switching off.

What do you suggest we do then?

That's easy read the OP. (tu)

On this case ferrari's engine bust!!! Great point though