Rangers captain required in the Captain Cutlass mould

ray

That's easy read the OP. (tu)

Well mate if you think thats the answer for us to improve fair enough...I just dont see how moving Jig to CH would make any difference other than to make our defense even slower. I would have thought man-managment would be Mccoists strong point but maybe he does need help there...I still think though that each player has to be responsible for their level of motivation and approach in these games.

Well mate if you think thats the answer for us to improve fair enough...I just dont see how moving Jig to CH would make any difference other than to make our defense even slower. I would have thought man-managment would be Mccoists strong point but maybe he does need help there...I still think though that each player has to be responsible for their level of motivation and approach in these games.

I wanna tell you a story, Derek Johnstone ..on second thoughts you might have heard that one, cracker isn't it just shows that a good manager can convince a player he is what the manager wants him to be. (tu)

I wanna tell you a story, Derek Johnstone ..on second thoughts you might have heard that one, cracker isn't it just shows that a good manager can convince a player he is what the manager wants him to be. (tu)

Manager certainly can make a big difference but the player has to want it first and foremost.

Don't think we move Jig to CH yet or change him as captain. He's experienced enough to know what it takes to motivate on the pitch so my vote is to give him some time to grab the rest by the proverbials to get the right reactions from them. Centre of defence does not look commanding enough yet so either they adapt quicker and become much more commanding or there may yet be a time when he needs to play CH to see the play ahead and dictate from there.

Rangers class captain required. refer to history for examples of calibre required, if Ally is unable to man manage to find one he won't mind us giving him a helping hand.

I suggest moving Jig to CH permanently and letting him do the arse kicking on the pitch........you up for it Jig ?

All other applicants to be scrutinised and considered, suggestions here.

Aye because we're shipping goals left right and centre. If he can't lead the team from from one end why do you think he'll be able to do it from another?

So Ally needs to get the sack because he cannot win away, is tactically inept and telling the players to lump the ball up the pitch.

Jig is not up to the Captains job as there is no leadership on the pitch and he's better at the back.

Sorry. Go and take a flying fuck.

If it wasn't for diehards like these two men, then Rangers would be in a lot worse state than it is already.

If McCoist or Jig walked away during the most difficult time in our history, would people judge them the same as McShagger or Lafferty?

When we actually lose a game, and it will happen, I dread to think of the shite that people will start then.

3rd division. New players to gell. Good men in the seats of power. Onwards and upwards.

So Ally needs to get the sack because he cannot win away, is tactically inept and telling the players to lump the ball up the pitch.

Jig is not up to the Captains job as there is no leadership on the pitch and he's better at the back.

Sorry. Go and take a flying fuck.

If it wasn't for diehards like these two men, then Rangers would be in a lot worse state than it is already.

If McCoist or Jig walked away during the most difficult time in our history, would people judge them the same as McShagger or Lafferty?

When we actually lose a game, and it will happen, I dread to think of the shite that people will start then.

3rd division. New players to gell. Good men in the seats of power. Onwards and upwards.

I take it English is not your first language, read and understand the OP before commenting on an imaginary one. :cgreen:

The buck stops with the manager, simples.

that wasn't what I asked. I asked which side was letting us down? The players or the manager? Is the manager issuing the wrong instructions to his players or are his players failing to carry out his instructions? Now given that this is a new team, only 4 of the 11 starters were first team players last season (Alexander, Perry, McCulloch and Wallace) and they have had very limited playing time together is it entirely unfathomable that the players haven't quite yet gelled as a unit? Whilst we are winning home games comfortably, it is a whole different set of circumstances away from home. Even down to how opposition managers are setting their teams out. Teams are coming to Ibrox hoping not to get leathered. When we go to them teams feel they can upset us (and have done in EVERY fixture away so far) and maybe sneak a draw or even a win. Give it a little more time. Players will start to hit form and have a bit more fight for each other. If come Christmas we are still having this discussion then I will agree with you on the need for wholesale changes but until then we need to get behind everybody and ride out this patchy spell of form.

McCulloch is not working away from home, for a so called high ball expert he doesn't win enough balls or doesn't lay enough off. Black is not backing up the forward line and we have a major problem middle to front.

McCulloch is probably the only choice at the moment but I don't think he should be starting every game but he's one of McCoist's main men so no matter how poor he'll still play and play as captain