Still giving me shivers now...

Gaz92

Kicking about on youtube as you do, and found myself on Rangers-Killie videos, the game after we went into administrtion. Everything about this game still makes my hair stand up, and gives me a lump in my throat every time. Everything from that day is still crystal clear except from the football itself!

The thousands gathered outside the stadium hoping to get a glimpse of the team beforehand, the chorus of "We love you Rangers" as the players came out for the warm-up, the constant singing up until the kick-off, and the spine-tingling "We don't do walking away" from the announcer just before kick off. And one of the main things I'll always remember, was the reception the players got after the game. That's the one thing I doubt I'll ever see at Ibrox again.

Such an emotional day, and the greatest show of defiance and support I'll probably ever see.

Might be a bit random, but it's just something I'll never forget.

:21:

Aye that was a great day, I usually leave 20-30 minutes before kick off because I stay just up the road but me and my brother and a few friends decided to head down early and the atmosphere was great.

Possibly one of the only good things to come from us going in to administration was the unity amongst the support. You would have a shit week seeing all the news coming out and things unravling in front of your face but that all disappeared for 90 minutes each week and we would all get behind the team.

Have a neighbour who I have pretty much never spoke to and as soon as the admin news broke we would spend hours talking about the club. Times like this is when you need other supporters of the club to speak to.

Aye that was a great day, I usually leave 20-30 minutes before kick off because I stay just up the road but me and my brother and a few friends decided to head down early and the atmosphere was great.

Possibly one of the only good things to come from us going in to administration was the unity amongst the support. You would have a shit week seeing all the news coming out and things unravling in front of your face but that all disappeared for 90 minutes each week and we would all get behind the team.

Have a neighbour who I have pretty much never spoke to and as soon as the admin news broke we would spend hours talking about the club. Times like this is when you need other supporters of the club to speak to.

I finished work at half 11 in the morning that day, and headed straight along. Spent 3 hours before the game just soaking the atmosphere in, just such a special day

Kicking about on youtube as you do, and found myself on Rangers-Killie videos, the game after we went into administrtion. Everything about this game still makes my hair stand up, and gives me a lump in my throat every time. Everything from that day is still crystal clear except from the football itself!

The thousands gathered outside the stadium hoping to get a glimpse of the team beforehand, the chorus of "We love you Rangers" as the players came out for the warm-up, the constant singing up until the kick-off, and the spine-tingling "We don't do walking away" from the announcer just before kick off. And one of the main things I'll always remember, was the reception the players got after the game. That's the one thing I doubt I'll ever see at Ibrox again.

Such an emotional day, and the greatest show of defiance and support I'll probably ever see.

Might be a bit random, but it's just something I'll never forget.

:21:

Random or not mate, quality post.

Took me 2 days to get there from essex with my clapped out wee polo, dodgy wheel bearing et al, couldnt go over 50mph for more than an hour at a time as it would overheat due to a dodgy thermostat and water leak.I eventually sacrificed my ride at coventry on the way back.

But to be honest, i didnt care. I would have walked on my hands all the way to ibrox that day, just to be with my mates, with the only people i trusted, and watching the only thing that i have ever truly loved all my life, The Rangers.

No matter how shite we have been, or how far away from them ive been, i never for one second stopped loving Rangers, everything about our famous club, ive been in love all my life, i will be in love for the rest of my life with Rangers, no fuckin woman has ever even come within 100 miles of being my first choice, i told them so right from the off they would always be 2nd, hence why divorce and 2 failed relationships has left them feeling short changed more than me, i still have my only true love, they have since had to settle for some other fuckin eejit.

To be honest, i dont remember too much about the game other than the clapping after killie scored to make sure the boys knew we werent pissed off with them, then bursting into Derrys Walls, sometimes i could hardly sing because i was so choked up, We all thought we were as one, we all thought those on the park were feeling the same pain as us in the stands.

The absolute panic down here in the week leading up to the game, relying on SSN to tell the truth,the thought that my lifetime identity as a billy boy could be under threat because of a pound note not being paid, the ultimate disgrace as whyte sold part of our history, the arsenal shares. seems silly, but that nearly tipped me over the edge more than any other event as i thought the cunt had the opportunity to sell all our history of trophies, some ive been fortunate to have witnessed being held aloft by various victorious Rangers captains, each occasion being my history as a boy , teenager and man. I thought he had the capability to sell my most treasured memories.

The result never mattered that day. the only thing that mattered that day was every bear who managed to get into Ibrox, every bear who couldnt was hooked up to a Radio somewhere, millions of bears in all 4 corners of the world trying their bollox off to pick up any sort of news via the net, soldiers in camps all across the world on illegal streams, all that just to be Bears and to show our defiance to those who were trying to kill us off. That is what mattered to us more than anything else, listening to a tearful Super in his post match thoughts, all of us as one together. We have been as one since, and i love it.

I thank you for this topic mate, because as we sit thinking the world has ended cos we lost a game on pens, just remember how you felt that day, thinking about a future life without Rangers. I was destroyed at the thought.

But most of all i thank you for a song.

"We love you Rangers, we do.

We love you Rangers, we do.

We love you Rangers, we do.

Oh Rangers we love you.

Simple words, not a lot of them.

But i so wish we would sing it more,it means so much.

Its not a song that will leave opponents shaking in their shoes in fear like the Billy Boys, or Derrys Walls or Follow Follow belted out by all until it feels like Ibrox is going to take off.

But more than any other its a true Rangers supporters song, because those few wee words let the players know how we feel when we see them on the park.

We all love you Rangers.

I fuckin love that song.

No Surrender

Rab

I remember that day as much as i will remember any other in my life as a Rangers fan.

That day i felt that bit more proud to support Rangers.

I work with alot of tims and it has been a difficult year, but despite the 6 months of constant story-after-story-after story of negativity, it was all worth it to smile genuinly when i came in on the Monday morning after Brechin to say "I thought Rangers played fairly well yesterday"

Despite what the others like to think, they are hating our defiance and love for Rangers, and i'am feeding off of it simply because i want to remind the world that nothing will kill my club.

The day itself was difficult personally. I've never cried at a football match and i'm not ashamed to admit i almost did at kick off because at that moment the realisation of how much Rangers meant to be really did become apparent.

In 10 years we will look back on that day, together, an we will will be a stronger, better set of fans for it and we will be supporting our club in a better position...or as Charles would put it "our best ever position".

We Are The People