Is the SPL any ‘straighter’ than Craig Whyte?

robg58

Posted on Thursday, 20th September 2012 by Cyberted

Just weeks after selling David Templeton to Rangers, Hearts (SFL3 feeder club) manager John McGlynn has announced that five senior members of the squad may not be paid this month. The reason for this apparently is that Hearts (SFL3 feeder club) are waiting for money owed to them from the Scottish Premier League. The Scottish Cup holders claim that they are owed £300,000 from the SPL.

It would be interesting to see Hearts (SFL3 feeder club) credit rating this week as yet again they appear to be ready to default on paying their players wages. Once again the only thing keeping Hearts (SFL3 feeder club) alive is their owner Vladimir Romanov, who has sucked up the debt the club, owes. Hearts (SFL3 feeder club) debt is currently sitting at £24 million, which is more than Rangers carried when the Ibrox club went into administration.

It seems that while beating Rangers to a pulp the SPL have taken their eye off the ball and let other clubs slide into the same financial mismanagement Rangers suffered. As Hearts (SFL3 feeder club) and the SPL play financial Russian roulette, all 12 top-flight clubs have still to receive about £300,000 each from the SPL.

It will be interesting to see how the SPL deal with any delay in players receiving their wages. The league-governing body last season charged Hearts (SFL3 feeder club) “with failing to behave with the utmost good faith to the SPL” after they were late in paying their players. Will there be any punishment for the SPL for defaulting on their contractual agreement?

Once again we witness the mismanagement of Scottish Football on a horrific scale. The SPL in its present form resembles the last days of the old Rangers business. Rumours over money, financial mismanagement and deny and deflect tactics. By not meeting their financial obligations on time, are the people at the helm of the SPL any straighter than Craig Whyte?

And through all this once again all we hear is the Silence of the Damned. Fans of these 12 clubs were quick to tell Rangers to pay their debts. The chorus of condemnation for Rangers shouted down all reason. So we are left wondering why the silence on this occasion? What ever happened to Sporting Integrity? Surely these fans, whose passion for integrity and fairness in sport is legendary, feel they should have a say in what is happening with their league? Yet what do we get; silence. Oh the hypocrisy.

The SPL is looking more and more like it is in financial meltdown and we can only wonder how long they can keep the bailiffs from the door. But don’t expect to hear any debate in the Scottish media or amongst those who were most vocal when Rangers hit financial turmoil. No one is asking questions as to how things got so bad – if you listen closely all you can hear is the Silence of the Damned.

Read more at http://thisisfutbol.com/2012/09/blogs/is-the-spl-any-straighter-than-craig-whyte#lAbTJbEFQwtpwrHV.99

Posted on Thursday, 20th September 2012 by Cyberted

Just weeks after selling David Templeton to Rangers, Hearts (SFL3 feeder club) (SFL3 feeder club) manager John McGlynn has announced that five senior members of the squad may not be paid this month. The reason for this apparently is that Hearts (SFL3 feeder club) (SFL3 feeder club) are waiting for money owed to them from the Scottish Premier League. The Scottish Cup holders claim that they are owed £300,000 from the SPL.

It would be interesting to see Hearts (SFL3 feeder club) (SFL3 feeder club) credit rating this week as yet again they appear to be ready to default on paying their players wages. Once again the only thing keeping Hearts (SFL3 feeder club) (SFL3 feeder club) alive is their owner Vladimir Romanov, who has sucked up the debt the club, owes. Hearts (SFL3 feeder club) (SFL3 feeder club) debt is currently sitting at £24 million, which is more than Rangers carried when the Ibrox club went into administration.

It seems that while beating Rangers to a pulp the SPL have taken their eye off the ball and let other clubs slide into the same financial mismanagement Rangers suffered. As Hearts (SFL3 feeder club) (SFL3 feeder club) and the SPL play financial Russian roulette, all 12 top-flight clubs have still to receive about £300,000 each from the SPL.

It will be interesting to see how the SPL deal with any delay in players receiving their wages. The league-governing body last season charged Hearts (SFL3 feeder club) (SFL3 feeder club) "with failing to behave with the utmost good faith to the SPL" after they were late in paying their players. Will there be any punishment for the SPL for defaulting on their contractual agreement?

Once again we witness the mismanagement of Scottish Football on a horrific scale. The SPL in its present form resembles the last days of the old Rangers business. Rumours over money, financial mismanagement and deny and deflect tactics. By not meeting their financial obligations on time, are the people at the helm of the SPL any straighter than Craig Whyte?

And through all this once again all we hear is the Silence of the Damned. Fans of these 12 clubs were quick to tell Rangers to pay their debts. The chorus of condemnation for Rangers shouted down all reason. So we are left wondering why the silence on this occasion? What ever happened to Sporting Integrity? Surely these fans, whose passion for integrity and fairness in sport is legendary, feel they should have a say in what is happening with their league? Yet what do we get; silence. Oh the hypocrisy.

The SPL is looking more and more like it is in financial meltdown and we can only wonder how long they can keep the bailiffs from the door. But don't expect to hear any debate in the Scottish media or amongst those who were most vocal when Rangers hit financial turmoil. No one is asking questions as to how things got so bad – if you listen closely all you can hear is the Silence of the Damned.

Read more at http://thisisfutbol....JbEFQwtpwrHV.99

The SPL are surviving on league placing's money that they "Stole" from The Rangers. If that Money does not belong to the Newco, then It belongs to the Oldco, something stinks to the high heavens and CG needs to update us on that, plus the Davis and UEFA Money

We should be informed about where that Money has gone.

The SPL are surviving on league placing's money that they "Stole" from The Rangers. If that Money does not belong to the Newco, then It belongs to the Oldco, something stinks to the high heavens and CG needs to update us on that, plus the Davis and UEFA Money

Rangers finished second in their final season in SPL and would have been entitled to 15 per cent of the income, which would have been about £2.5million.

Do you know if the SPL publish there accounts?

I would wager that Green and the club were forced to sign confidentiality agreements regarding the blatant blackmail to get our league space.

I'm sure he'd love to tell us exactly what went on at those meetings, somehow I think he won't be able to. You only need to read between the lines in his many releases to piece together what was going on

Is that the 1.4 million the SPL never paid us?

Do you know if the SPL publish there accounts?

I think it is clear that the SPL retained our share simply to pay off other SPL clubs. I'm not sure exactly how much they retained although I am trying to find out. As far as I understand, the SPL makes scheduled payments and I suspect that it was only the last payment they withheld. The payment should really be due to D & P in any case. I don't recall them withholding money from Gretna, in fact they paid them in advance to enable them to fulfil fixtures.

I think it is clear that the SPL retained our share simply to pay off other SPL clubs. I'm not sure exactly how much they retained although I am trying to find out. As far as I understand, the SPL makes scheduled payments and I suspect that it was only the last payment they withheld. The payment should really be due to D & P in any case. I don't recall them withholding money from Gretna, in fact they paid them in advance to enable them to fulfil fixtures.

Thx for your reply, I edited my post once I found this link

My link

If Charles Green knew this answer he would tell us. They have kept it so theres noting be informed about yet.

I'm sure Green is just waiting and then he will use all of this as evidence against the cunts.

Apparently they've all been paid now, but they were warned not to do it again. We'll just have to see what happens to them due to an admin mistake, not caused by themselves apparently.

Corruption is rife in this country and you can be fairly sure the SPL/SFA are keeping hold of their moneies, or club's moneies to pay for all the lawyers they're going to have to employ in the months ahead.

Because I'm hoping this man :cgreen: :cgreen: will stick it to them. Crooks and the corrupt, and stupid that they think they can get away with it.

Apparently they've all been paid now, but they were warned not to do it again. We'll just have to see what happens to them due to an admin mistake, not caused by themselves apparently.

Corruption is rife in this country and you can be fairly sure the SPL/SFA are keeping hold of their moneies, or club's moneies to pay for all the lawyers they're going to have to employ in the months ahead.

Because I'm hoping this man :cgreen: :cgreen: will stick it to them. Crooks and the corrupt, and stupid that they think they can get away with it.

I think you'll find Mr.Green and his consortium have something planned for all anti Rangers scum. We have had our Armageddon, theirs is only begining and I include septic in that. It may take a few months but their time is coming. :cgreen:

The latest available Accounts for the SPL show an insolvent balance sheet, with liabilities exceeding assets by £196,000.

That is of course the ‘official’ balance sheet because the true extent of the deficiency will only be revealed on the 28th February 2013 since the accounts filed showing insolvency were dated 15th August 2011.

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-830105

Could this be why we didn't recieve the 2.5 million owed to us by the SPL?

Can anyone explain this

http://www.companiesintheuk.co.uk/ltd/the-scottish-premier-league

Is the figure of £12 what they had left or what they started with?

It's the share capital, 12 shares at £1 each. One for each club in the SPL.

I have a copy of the SPL annual results if anybody's interested in seeing them. And one for the SFA too.