Lies, Statistics,Dammed lies and Enquiries

Bluepeter9

Re the Nimmo enquiry ad infinitum et. al. (No idea what that really means but sounded like a good start)

Ok its been a saga - and a saga without end it seems - claim, counter claim, right, wrong integrity of none ???

BUT I would actually like to know the TRUTH (whether damaging or not)

There are (obviously) a number of questions we would all like answered:

1. Why did Murray sell to Whyte and what did the SFA really know about Whyte and when.

2. EBT's are being dealt with by the tax tribunal but I would like to know the legality (or otherwise) of how we used this in relation to out obligations to the SFA/SPL with respect to 'dual' contracts.

3. Is there collusion (or not) on the current processes and the way our case was handled by the SFA/SPL.

Now 1 may come out in the court cases against Whyte by the administrators - and patience may be our only friend in that process.

Point 2. should be dealt with by Nimmo but that whole process is already flawed (not least as its appointed by the SPL/SFA who could also(?) be at fault (if indeed there is fault)

Point 3. would prove difficult to prove and what mechanism is there to instigate such a thing?

Now the truth may hurt (and will hurt someone- just maybe not us) - but getting to the truth may be the only way forward - but I (we) have no faith in the Nimmo process nor in the SPL/SFA

BUT I do think we need someone independent looking at the points above - problem is, such is football, that any "panel" would have to be appointed with the approval of the SFA/SPL and Rangers - and to be independent any investigation needs to come from external bodies - but given we all want the truth (and yes - we can handle the truth!) why do the SPL/SFA/Rangers not ask the Court of Arbitration for Sports to intervene and appoint a 'commission' to investigate the above points?

I had always thought that CAS was an appeals body but in looking at their remit and FAQs in answer to the question

Who can refer a case to the CAS ? ­The answer is:

­Any individual or legal entity with capacity to act may have recourse to the services of the CAS. These include athletes, clubs, sports federations, organisers of sports events, sponsors or television companies.

It seems there is no impediment to them being involved - now if the SPL - SFA - and us want the truth - why not seek the truth through a process where the vast majority of us would have some faith in the integrity :rolleyes: of the process and the answers?

Murray didn't have the bottle to see the BTC through to the end. And basically the SFA failed in their part to investigate CW. They should be held accountable for this.

The legality of the EBT case is being based by Nimmo on test cases using 'English' law. Take from that what you will.

Proof of collusion is in the draft statement issued to strip us of titles for reentry to the league.

Civil courts are the way to go with this, not CAS as Nimmo himself has cited civil cases.

A full public inquiry is what is required, this has been called for, however been dismissed by an MP because he doesn't see the relevance in it :S

The bank fucked Rangers as they held Murray to ransom. He was an easy target because he's borrwed too much, but I'd like to more about what went on in the boardroom of Lloyds.

I doubt whether this commision has the remit to find out all that information, in fact I doubt the commision and Nimmo have any remit to just be investigating Rangers, but that's a completely diffirent story.

... er NO! not a petition I would support - for a start half of the petition has fk all to do with Rangers

You don't believe in this

We, the Protestant, Unionist and Loyalist people of the UK demand that we be treated fairly and evenly as a homogeneous people group along with other communities here in Britain and that our interests and concerns be addressed and represented by political parties of the UK.

That's not the part am interested in anyway, it's this part.

We also demand that a full government enquiry be launched into the Scottish Football Association and Scottish Premier League in relation to the Rangers FC crisis.

Other benefits outwith your salary and contract but within "side letters" are common.

Are all players with side letters outlining benefits such as pensions, insurance, trust funds and private health care packages that aren't within the contract of employment also working under "dual contracts"?

Murray didn't have the bottle to see the BTC through to the end. And basically the SFA failed in their part to investigate CW. They should be held accountable for this.

The legality of the EBT case is being based by Nimmo on test cases using 'English' law. Take from that what you will.

Proof of collusion is in the draft statement issued to strip us of titles for reentry to the league.

Civil courts are the way to go with this, not CAS as Nimmo himself has cited civil cases.

A full public inquiry is what is required, this has been called for, however been dismissed by an MP because he doesn't see the relevance in it :S

1.What/who influenced him to sell to Craig Whyte?

2.How long had the BBC sat on the info that exposed Craig Whyte, did the SFA know about it, if so, when? As they said the documentary influenced them to do the investigation.

1.What/who influenced him to sell to Craig Whyte?

2.How long had the BBC sat on the info that exposed Craig Whyte, did the SFA know about it, if so, when? As they said the documentary influenced them to do the investigation.

I think quite simply DM was chomping at the bit to sell. CW showed him figures on paper and he creamed his pants. His getout was offered on a plate and he took it.

It was up to the SFA to investigate, not for the BBC to investigate for them. Although the BBC acted like cvnts the SFA should have followed their own 'fit and proper persons' procedures. Hasn't it been said they followed this with DiStefano? If so, then why not with CW?

I think quite simply DM was chomping at the bit to sell. CW showed him figures on paper and he creamed his pants. His getout was offered on a plate and he took it.

It was up to the SFA to investigate, not for the BBC to investigate for them. Although the BBC acted like cvnts the SFA should have followed their own 'fit and proper persons' procedures. Hasn't it been said they followed this with DiStefano? If so, then why not with CW?

I thought it may have gone something like this... Murry was held to ransom by lloyds,they had people in power positions advising murray with the sale of our club. As for the BBC documentary was it leaked to the SFA prior to the sale of our club, I agree they do have to investigate but not stitch us up. I wouldn't put anything pass them after reading the leaked dossier.

I thought it may have gone something like this... Murry was held to ransom by lloyds,they had people in power positions advising murray with the sale of our club. As for the BBC documentary was it leaked to the SFA prior to the sale of our club, I agree they do have to investigate but not stitch us up. I wouldn't put anything pass them after reading the leaked dossier.

Exactly why there should be a public inquiry, some untoward antics have to be brought to light.

You don't believe in this

That's not the part am interested in anyway, it's this part.

For me the first part makes the petition unsignable - as no I don't believe it - the second part is fine and if the petition had only been about Rangers I would have willingly signed it.

Other benefits outwith your salary and contract but within "side letters" are common.

Are all players with side letters outlining benefits such as pensions, insurance, trust funds and private health care packages that aren't within the contract of employment also working under "dual contracts"?

Yep - I think that's the point AJ was making in his statement yesterday as well - about media rights et al.

If the commission was set up to look at all player benefits from all SPL clubs (and as AJ says) with the right to call witnesses under oath - then we could all get behind that, EVEN (not if) if the Truth was damaging to Rangers. The problem is the narrow remit this commission has been given - "Find out what Rangers did wrong" - If the commission was to look at find out what process and rules were broken or need changed and it was a SPL wide remit we would all be happy.

I am surprised that Nimmo did NOT make mention of the narrowness of the remit !

Probably surprised is wrong - but he had enough to say about the rest of the remit -Nimmo is a reasonably intelligent chap - so I 'wonder' (is that a better word?) why he did NOT mention the narrow brief he was given!

Because there is an agenda to follow, and making reference to the stitch up is not on the script. Let's be clear, these learned individuals will be able to find within the ambiguous rules enough rope to hang us from. It will all be above board and they will instantly have catapulted their names worldwide.

It will be entirely against natural justice, completely and utterly disproportionate to the 'crime' but that won't matter because they'll have the backing of their employers (SPL) and the appellate body (SFA).