The manager

harry handsome

The notion of not winning promotion is inconceivable mate!

Agree, no Rangers manager can get the season in this division. We need to be pulling away by February. It would be a disaster for the club not to get promoted :anguish:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Since Ally started rebuilding his ENTIRE team, we have..........demolished the then top team in scotland....beat one of the best division one teams both home and away......beat a division 2 team in style....progressed in 2 of the 3 cups...recorded a couple of 5-1 victories and are one point fron the top of the league.

Go a few month back and the team are going through one of the worst spells in the clubs history... Ally guided his team to a 5-0 victory over dundee utd. A 3-0 vs Hearts (SFL3 feeder club) (SFL3 feeder club)...a 3-2 vs celtic.

We have had some poor results..there is no getting away from that fact. But isn't it to he expected that a rookie manager will make mistakes? Does someone that has done so much for our club while under more pressure than most other managers not deserve a full season to get his team in order?

Hallelujah

It's like street version of Struth's famous words :clap::D

Thanks mate, I never really looked at my post as anything other than how I feel.

I am very loyal and protective by nature as many of us are, I maybe just have wee bit more grey hair which hopefully brings some wisdom now and again.

Its good to see that we can debate without name calling, it's healthy to say what you think and if your open to other people's opinions it may alter your own.

I am sticking with my original post, it's far to early to be making calls for the managers head given our recent history.

Hallelujah

:P

I could end up being totally wrong in my backing of Ally, time will tell.

I am just willing to give him that time :)

We are about a 2 miles into a marathon and some people are willing to stop running already, it really disapoints me.

:P

I could end up being totally wrong in my backing of Ally, time will tell.

I am just willing to give him that time :)

We are about a 2 miles into a marathon and some people are willing to stop running already, it really disapoints me.

There's a multitude of reasons that shape people's points of view but ultimately it's your point of view which you can change at any time.

I agree with the marathon analogy, and he's running it with new trainers on lol.

Suppose the Motherwell game does not figure in your analysis of our managers abilities and our players confidence? Incidentally I felt that was a "big game" in our recent history and he managed to win that.

So 1 game is fine fuck the rest of the shite results. as you said it was a so called "big game" big games are easy to get more fired up for.

We want the players fired up in every game not just a couple of big games.

If we win the League Cup, I'll celebrate wildly and congratulate Ally on a real achievement.

I'm just wondering what the "Ally must stay fanboys" will say if we are knocked out of the League Cup in the home 1/4 final tie against Inverness.

That would be a sight to see.

I agree with the people who advocate staying the course with Ally McCoist.

For those advocating his dismissal, I do not think that would happen. I think Mr McCoist would (as always) put what is best for Rangers before any personal pride.

If the results did not improve and he felt he had no answers, I am sure he would say to Charles Green - 'This job requires someone else to do it.' - even though Ally is well aware that this would incur barracking from our good friends (and others) for supposedly 'Walking Away'.

In any event, Ally would never abandon Rangers. A place and role on Rangers' Board for Ally McCoist is something that should happen, sooner or later, anyway.

EDIT - Typo

So 1 game is fine fuck the rest of the shite results. as you said it was a so called "big game" big games are easy to get more fired up for.

We want the players fired up in every game not just a couple of big games.

I was merely remarking upon the inaccuracies of the post.

I did start to write about the reasons why I was willing to be patient (building a team, gaining a level of consistency, being forced to play young players and being conscious of their career, still dealing with history of the past few months etc) but I then suddenly remembered the fickleness of some of our support. See the recent posts about Jig for further examples.

I was merely remarking upon the inaccuracies of the post.

I did start to write about the reasons why I was willing to be patient (building a team, gaining a level of consistency, being forced to play young players and being conscious of their career, still dealing with history of the past few months etc) but I then suddenly remembered the fickleness of some of our support. See the recent posts about Jig for further examples.

This is where you "give Ally time" guys are mistaken. Any posts critical of Jig or Ally do not signify "fickleness", they show that some fans recognise that even popular players can be of limited value to the team.

Jig is a truly great guy but as a player he's useful for one thing only; ragdolling defences when playing up front. Instead, first Walter and now Ally have played him all over the park, especially centre-mid, where he's a complete liability.

As for Ally, I'm sick to fecking death of hearing all he needs is more time. No, he doesn't. He needs to pick sensible teams playing straightforward tactics with every player in his natural position. He also needs the ability to assess how a game is going and make necessary changes; that's a skill McCoist manifestly does not possess. Watch his body language on the touchline, where he stands statuesque and expressionless. I'd swear he's watching the game and thinking about something else.

Again, though, everybody loves Ally. It's just that some of us believe Rangers deserve better than a hapless nice guy falling perpetually short of the mark as manager.

Once you guys can see the difference between criticism and dislike, the debate on here and in the stands will make far more sense to you.

This is where you "give Ally time" guys are mistaken. Any posts critical of Jig or Ally do not signify "fickleness", they show that some fans recognise that even popular players can be of limited value to the team.

Jig is a truly great guy but as a player he's useful for one thing only; ragdolling defences when playing up front. Instead, first Walter and now Ally have played him all over the park, especially centre-mid, where he's a complete liability.

As for Ally, I'm sick to fecking death of hearing all he needs is more time. No, he doesn't. He needs to pick sensible teams playing straightforward tactics with every player in his natural position. He also needs the ability to assess how a game is going and make necessary changes; that's a skill McCoist manifestly does not possess. Watch his body language on the touchline, where he stands statuesque and expressionless. I'd swear he's watching the game and thinking about something else.

Again, though, everybody loves Ally. It's just that some of us believe Rangers deserve better than a hapless nice guy falling perpetually short of the mark as manager.

Once you guys can see the difference between criticism and dislike, the debate on here and in the stands will make far more sense to you.

Hapless? Jeez, that is some description of Ally. Compounded with describing Jig as a liability. Thanks for educating me about what Rangers deserve but I think they deserve better than that.

Hapless? Jeez, that is some description of Ally. Compounded with describing Jig as a liability. Thanks for educating me about what Rangers deserve but I think they deserve better than that.

You've done it again. You've read my words and not even tried to grasp the meaning.

Jig is a liability in centre midfield. That's a stone cold, hard fact. He's too old, too slow and not skilful enough to play there.

Ally's attempts to manage to manage the team are hapless. He looks like McLeish did through most of his time at the club; standing motionless and expressionless, with no idea what to do when things go wrong.

You can select as many words from my post as you like, twist them to your heart's content and spin me as some kind of ungrateful, disloyal stooge all you please; be my guest. But I suspect, deep down, you know I'm right.

The body language experts on here are the most unbearable cunts on the planet. :anguish:

Are they now? Imagine that.

The people I find most tiresome are the ones who answer every post by shrieking, "But Ally needs more time" or even worse, "You don't like Ally do you? Admit it."

Hey ho.

You've done it again. You've read my words and not even tried to grasp the meaning.

Jig is a liability in centre midfield. That's a stone cold, hard fact. He's too old, too slow and not skilful enough to play there.

Ally's attempts to manage to manage the team are hapless. He looks like McLeish did through most of his time at the club; standing motionless and expressionless, with no idea what to do when things go wrong.

You can select as many words from my post as you like, twist them to your heart's content and spin me as some kind of ungrateful, disloyal stooge all you please; be my guest. But I suspect, deep down, you know I'm right.

I am not trying to twist your words, they are simply the words you chose to describe two guys who have remained faithful and loyal during these difficult few months. I am more of a long game type of person (not the football tactic) and I am willing to give people time to turn things around. I accept that some people want returns/results sooner.

I ain't trying to paint you as some disloyal stooge either, the fact that you are willing to discuss this tells me enough about you as a supporter of our club. (tu)