Just a wee idea.......

daviec1953

I 've noticed from where we sit (GF1) that the extreme ends of the Enclosure never seem to be filled ,possibly due to the view being a bit restricted, and I was wondering if the Club would maybe consider offering seats in these areas to Bears who are maybe long term unemployed ,sick ,handicapped or just generally going through a bad time , and who find it hard to make it to the games.

I would hope the seats would be offered free of charge by Rangers.

It would be a smashing gesture by the Club and it could be done on a match by match basis,with possibly supporters groups suggesting people who deserve a wee break in their lives and who would hopefully see 90 minutes of decent football watching the Rangers(although that can't be guaranteed)

Doing this would show the Club in a really good light , by helping out our Rangers Brothers and Sisters who are less fortunate than most of us.

As i said its just an idea.

God bless the Rangers

I don't think you'd get 'free' tickets.

I used to rattle the tins for the Rangers Charity foundation just before the games, a couple of years ago. I got a 'free' ticket then, but they seemed to have stopped that now.

I've fired off a few mails and nobody has got back to me, so, it seems to have stopped????

Sorry , I didnt mean the tickets were for me. I meant getting tickets for any of our support who have come on hard times and need a break.

This might sound a bit shitty but these guys have invested a lot of money in Our Club and are trying to get us back to 'the top' so the last thing on their minds will be to give seats away for free.

I know what you're saying mate and it's a good idea but restricted view or not - Their view will be "Its a seat at Ibrox and it costs £18".

This might sound a bit shitty but these guys have invested a lot of money in Our Club and are trying to get us back to 'the top' so the last thing on their minds will be to give seats away for free.

I know what you're saying mate and it's a good idea but restricted view or not - They're view will be "Its a seat at Ibrox and it costs £18".

I still believe that this is a great opportunity for Rangers to show how much they value all the fans , I think it would be excellent PR

I 've noticed from where we sit (GF1) that the extreme ends of the Enclosure never seem to be filled ,possibly due to the view being a bit restricted, and I was wondering if the Club would maybe consider offering seats in these areas to Bears who are maybe long term unemployed ,sick ,handicapped or just generally going through a bad time , and who find it hard to make it to the games.

It would be a smashing gesture by the Club and it could be done on a match by match basis,with possibly supporters groups suggesting people who deserve a wee break in their lives and who would hopefully see 90 minutes of decent football watching the Rangers(although that can't be guaranteed)

Doing this would show the Club in a really good light , by helping out our Rangers Brothers and Sisters who are less fortunate than most of us.

God bless the Rangers

Superb idea pal, if i could rep you i would.

I still believe that this is a great opportunity for Rangers to show how much they value all the fans , I think it would be excellent PR

I think CG has proved that he values the fans and as you say, It would be excellent PR but these guys have invested to make money - and free seats don't make money mate.

As I said, you have put forward a good idea but I really can't see it taking off to be honest.

Just my opinion!

That is an idea with some class, would like to see that happening.

The problem with something like this is policing it because like always folk will try and take advantage...if done via some charities/foundations then it could work and as you say would be a great initiative.

As much as I hate to be a miserable bastard, and as much as this would be a great thing for the club to do, we really shouldn't be looking at opportunities to miss out on revenue at any time. I appreciate that these seats aren't necessarily making us any money whilst empty but for a club who came out of administration owing a lot of money (through wrongdoing or otherwise) it would also upset a lot of people to see a club come back debt free and allow fans to go to games free of charge. A reduced price ticket perhaps which is paid for by Supporters Trusts/donations by fellow supporters then definitely but just giving out tickets would be a good PR stunt for Rangers fans but for anyone outside of the club they would most likely see this as a terrible decision given we have a second chance after leaving our debts behind.

The point I was trying to make is that if the seats are left unsold , lets say 48 hours before the match then there could be invites sent to people who have been proposed by reputable charities , care groups , or maybe supporters clubs and then the seats then dont go unused.

It's a good thing for the club to do for folk who are less fortunate than most of us on this forum,and i cant imagine even the most rabid Rangers haters having any complaints about such a thing.

I cant think of any other football club who does this kind of thing and for Rangers to be the first would be a huge PR and moral triumph, as well as a get- it -right- up -you to all those who dislike us.

The point I was trying to make is that if the seats are left unsold , lets say 48 hours before the match then there could be invites sent to people who have been proposed by reputable charities , care groups , or maybe supporters clubs and then the seats then dont go unused.

It's a good thing for the club to do for folk who are less fortunate than most of us on this forum,and i cant imagine even the most rabid Rangers haters having any complaints about such a thing.

I cant think of any other football club who does this kind of thing and for Rangers to be the first would be a huge PR and moral triumph, as well as a get- it -right- up -you to all those who dislike us.

I think it's a laudable idea mate. I'm sure there are charities, care groups and supporters clubs who could be invited to nominate individuals who they deem worthy of such a gesture. Just as long as the powers that be in the boardroom are open to this type of suggestion.

And have each end of the stand looking like the audience off the Jeremy Kyle show? No way.

Is that really the way you see it? Tell me you didnt mean that.

I'm talking about bona fide Rangers Supporters who just happen to be in a bad way , maybe through ill heath , unemployment or any number of things that are outwith their control.

Its called being charitable.

Personally I have never judged the people with whom I have supported the Rangers among for the past 50 years as anything other than Bluenoses just like me.

Their circumstances are whatever they happen to be and for that 90 minutes they are all my mates.

I'm talking about bona fide Rangers Supporters who just happen to be in a bad way , maybe through ill heath , unemployment or any number of things that are outwith their control.

Personally I have never judged the people with whom I have supported the Rangers among for the past 50 years as anything other than Bluenoses just like me.

Their circumstances are whatever they happen to be and for that 90 minutes they are all my mates.

good shout davie :541:

well said mate

Rangers wouldn't even give you a reduced price for being sick. You can produce a doctors letter at the ticket office but it makes no difference. There's only 3 kinds of tickets: Child, Concession, and Adult. That's it.

The old man u cliff training ground in Salford does a lot of free coaching and training sessions for the local community and sometimes gives away tickets. I got a few lads into it from a hostel I worked in and 2 of them won tickets for a match against Bolton last season. One also got to play for one of the man u community sides at the Reebok stadium. The club gets a lot of good pr from this sort of stuff which often gets mentioned in the papers and news. Rangers could easily give 20 tickets away each match to groups and win a lot of good will and new fans. But they might already give tickets away in this manner.

God bless the Rangers

I think that's a great idea mate. Why not email/write to the club and suggest it - nothing lost in trying.