Buy Rangers shares

Gary-Rangers1

There will be 72 million shares in issue.

If 100 people invest £125, this gets little more than 0.02% of the club. That means 99.98% of the club would not be owned through the scheme.

1,000 folk investing means 99.8% is owned by others.

It would take over 20,000 folk to get to 5%, even then 95% would be owned by others!

The numbers are even worse if the share price rises after the share issue and the shares have to be bought on the open market - the institutional investors clearly think this will happen or they wouldn't be investing! and it's them, not Rangers, that would benefit from such share buying.

It is utterly misleading to suggest that this scheme will get any meaningful collective say. It's delusional, perhaps dishonest, to suggest so.

And remember, your £125 gets you no shares in Rangers - none, nil, zilch.

Seeing it put like that really hammers home how unrealistic the objectives are.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must be missing something. What is the alternative? Nobody is suggesting that anyone should invest through the secondary market rather than the IPO. Once the option of the IPO is closed, it is either secondary market or nothing.

You questioned whether it was a negative if institutional investors bought more shares instead of fans. Backtrack all you like, but that's how you answered Aluko. That wasn't your best ever moment.

I don't like how this is being sold as a way to gain a meaningful say. It won't, and to say that it will (or even that it could) is little more than a lie.

is there anything you dont like about the shares through the club site, i was hoping that deadline would be extended

is there anything you dont like about the shares through the club site, i was hoping that deadline would be extended

If folk can afford it (and by that I mean afford it from their current cashflow and afford it in terms of maybe never getting any money back), buying shares in the IPO is a good thing. Most folk will probably see it as more of a donation than a financial investment. I sincerely hope that the fans will take up the allocation in full.

Tell me you didn't just type that? The shares will indeed be taken up in any event - but by the institutional investors! Surely it's better that Rangers fans bought those shares? If you can't see that it's a negative to have yet more shares in the hands of the institutional investors rather than fans then there really is no hope.

Of course it's better for Rangers fans to buy those shares. Nobody is stopping Rangers fans buying shares unless of course they don't have a spare £500 the week before Christmas. Going by your logic those fans will never have the opportunity to become shareholders because they shouldn't buy shares from the secondary market.

If bears shouldn't buy shares on the secondary market that means institutional investors will always own those shares. That is why it is not a negative to buy shares on the secondary market

If 100 people invest £125, this gets little more than 0.02% of the club. That means 99.98% of the club would not be owned through the scheme.

It would take over 20,000 folk to get to 5%, even then 95% would be owned by others!

The numbers are even worse if the share price rises after the share issue and the shares have to be bought on the open market - the institutional investors clearly think this will happen or they wouldn't be investing! and it's them, not Rangers, that would benefit from such share buying.

It is utterly misleading to suggest that this scheme will get any meaningful collective say. It's delusional, perhaps dishonest, to suggest so.

But Trust members will also buy direct as will others. They can give the Trust our other group their proxy if they so wish.

You questioned whether it was a negative if institutional investors bought more shares instead of fans. Backtrack all you like, but that's how you answered Aluko. That wasn't your best ever moment.

If your read Aluko's earlier point he said that by purchasing through the secondary market was a negative because the club would be missing out on the money. My point was that Rangers fans buying shares on the AIM wouldn't effect the level of investment the club was seeking as all shares would be taken up. I believe most Rangers fans would rather see the shares in the hands of supporters rather than institutional investors, but that wasn't what my point was about

Of course it's better for Rangers fans to buy those shares.

So it is a negative if they don't. Mental, it's like getting blood out a stone.

Going by your logic those fans will never have the opportunity to become shareholders because they shouldn't buy shares from the secondary market.

Where on earth did I say that? You can't just make stuff up and then say, 'see that proves my point'. It is not my view that fans should never buy shares from the secondary market. And you really shouldn't just make up lies.

This is a long term project and not just about the IPO. The Swansea City Supporters Trust own 20% of their club. It has taken them 9 years to achieve this. It may take 10 years plus for the RST to get to that stage, who knows? The individuals involved will change but the aim will stay the same.

If your read Aluko's earlier point he said that by purchasing through the secondary market was a negative because the club would be missing out on the money. My point was that Rangers fans buying shares on the AIM wouldn't effect the level of investment the club was seeking as all shares would be taken up. I believe most Rangers fans would rather see the shares in the hands of supporters rather than institutional investors, but that wasn't what my point was about

so for people who dont have money by that deadline on tuesday whats the best way for them to get shares and how quickly after that deadline will they be able to

just to clarify, i was saying that the RST buying on the secondary market is a huge negative because by that point, fans can buy possibly a hundred shares for themselves for the same price as buying ZERO shares with the RST scheme.

My preference is always that the IPO is fully subscribed by the fans money or the portion set aside for fans anyway. I dont believe the RST will invest a lot before next Tuesday. (tu)

So it is a negative if they don't. Mental, it's like getting blood out a stone.

The first time I mentioned institutional investors was in response to your post. My post to Aluko was that the fact the money didn't go to the club when supporters bought shares on the secondary market, wasn't a negative. You took my post and decided to go off on a different direction with it.

Where on earth did I say that? You can't just make stuff up and then say, 'see that proves my point'. It is not my view that fans should never buy shares from the secondary market. And you really shouldn't just make up lies.

Eh, surely everyone sees it as a negative that shareholders would be the ones to benefit from post IPO purchases, and not Rangers.

You see it as a negative that shareholders will benefit from post IPO purchases. I would assume you don't want to see negatives happen, therefore you don't want people to buy the shares from them Bearing in mind that post IPO Rangers do not benefit from any trading of shares.

I get the impression you are reading what you want to read here.

I've not got a clue what all this means. :lol:

it's simple mate, give the RST the square root of fuck all, why would you give them the cash when you don't need to?

stump up the £500 yourself or get some mates to chip in £100 or £125 say and then buy a share.

we ain't buying them to make money at the end of the day but to put back into the club.

it's simple mate, give the RST the square root of fuck all, why would you give them the cash when you don't need to?

stump up the £500 yourself or get some mates to chip in £100 or £125 say and then buy a share.

we ain't buying them to make money at the end of the day but to put back into the club.

So if we dont have the £500 quid by tuesday and we dont bother through the RST how do we get shares after this deadline

If you can only afford £125, you might want to consider:

- £100 donation to the club

- buy 1 share through a broker post IPO (say £15)

- M&S dine in for a tenner

Club wins, you get a share for the wall and an AGM invite, and the missus gets to spend some quality time with you.