Buy Rangers shares

Gary-Rangers1

I was going to buy shares though the supporters trust, is this a good idea ? can you still make as much cash though this as greens scheme ?

just had this email from them

The BuyRangers Scheme is an initiative being run by the Rangers Supporters Trust. Full information on all matters relating to the Rangers Supporters Trust can be found at www.rangerssupporterstrust.co.ukincluding the names of all serving board members. The Rangers Supporters Trust is a membership organisation comprising wholly of Rangers Supporters.

The purpose of the Community Share Scheme is to bring us all together in the purchase of shares in the Club, we will buy shares as one body and strive for fan ownership of the Club. In a fan ownership model all income generated by the Club remains in the Club and there are no dividend paid to investors; we believe this will prevent any future private owner repeating the different problems caused by Murray and Whyte. This is in other words a truly emotional investment as a Rangers Supporter.

The problem most of our supporters face buying shares from the Club is that there are to be 71 million shares. To gain any significant statutory voice at an AGM you would need to acquire 5% of the total shares, a purchase cost of £2.5m. Even then a 5% shareholder has very few rights; they are protected at law but they are few. A 10% shareholder acquires more rights - independent inspection of the accounts, a right to have an independent audit; that would require you to spend circa £5m.

You can inquire further about shareholders rights at http://www.shareholderrights.co.uk/RightsOfAShareHolder/10.html.

You can log on to our BuyRangers web site now and invest should you choose to and as a fellow Rangers fan,I hope you do. We have only just begun to accept payment for shares this evening so everything is new. The system should be quite easy to understand.

We are regulated by the Industrial & Provident Society Act 1965, shares in such a Society have to be withdrawable. If you make an application to withdraw the Trust will rebate your subscription as quickly as it can. If we are in funds then immediately if we have to wait until we attract new subscribers then not until then. We are asking that members subscribe for a minimum of 3 years from launch so that we can have a good go at this so please do not subscribe if you think you might need the funds returned within the first 3 years. It's important to recognise that all members carry the same rights - you and I alike - and these are the rules that the members have voted to adhere to. The Community Share Scheme may well have been written by the Board but it is written in the members names.

I trust these answers are helpful to you Gary. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again. Thank you once again for you interest.

Best Regards

Jim

BuyRangers Campaign Team

Jim

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can remember a number of months ago Fury complaining about anyone suggesting buying shares of a broker after the IPO as the club wont make money from it.

I would appreciate your thoughts Chris regarding this scheme now as clearly all of these shares are not going to be bought through the IPO which means........they will be bought through a broker with money going directly to the club, using your theory.

Surely this is crazy from an organised supporters group. !!!

I really don't get this. Can someone please explain the buyrangers thing?

It's the RST they plan to buy in bulk on behalf of the fans and hopefully they'll get a fan on the board (elected)

If you can't afford the full £500 you can invest £125 with their collective

I can remember a number of months ago Fury complaining about anyone suggesting buying shares of a broker after the IPO as the club wont make money from it.

I would appreciate your thoughts Chris regarding this scheme now as clearly all of these shares are not going to be bought through the IPO which means........they will be bought through a broker with money going directly to the club, using your theory.

Surely this is crazy from an organised supporters group. !!!

Maybe the RST don't have the 18th December deadline

That's my thinking m8, I can't make £500 but £125 is ok, I just want to be part of our revival

Am going to try and buy a few more shares next year as you can add to it

I no what u mean mate these deadlines green made right before xmas does make it a bit hard lol but that RST one is open for a while I think and am sure our money will hopefully be safe enough :)

Am going to try and buy a few more shares next year as you can add to it

I no what u mean mate these deadlines green made right before xmas does make it a bit hard lol but that RST one is open for a while I think and am sure our money will hopefully be safe enough :)

The RST have a history of keeping money safe....don't they?

cant afford the £500 but just bught £250 worth there

i hope this helps my club :)

Not trying to be negative here, the more investment the better.

You don't directly own anything of Rangers, as you are a member of the group of people who collectively bought shares.

All good if that's how you can invest. The club will receive your money just the same.

I'm sure you read the details and contacted the RST before you parted with your cash?

No?

:wink: cheers.

Not trying to be negative here, the more investment the better.

You don't directly own anything of Rangers, as you are a member of the group of people who collectively bought shares.

All good if that's how you can invest. The club will receive your money just the same.

I'm sure you read the details and contacted the RST before you parted with your cash?

No?

:wink: cheers.

He has posted the response he got to his question so he has clearly contacted them.