Jack Wilshere & four others sign new contracts

Good player but nothing fantastic. In 5 years time he will be another one of those players that didn't live up to the early hype.

based on what assumptions? He's gradually picking up the pace of his game again and he's a player alot of people would like to be able to play alongside.his positioning is second to none and movement is different class.the only slight critisicm i would give him just now is his passing has been slack although that is to be expected after so long out.

based on what assumptions? He's gradually picking up the pace of his game again and he's a player alot of people would like to be able to play alongside.his positioning is second to none and movement is different class.the only slight critisicm i would give him just now is his passing has been slack although that is to be expected after so long out.

Wilshires positioning is second to none and his movement is different class? Glad he isn't overrated ffs :lol:

Arsenal and Wenger get pilloried for selling their players.....now they are getting pilloried for signing them on long-term deals.

Hey ho.

I think it's good he is signing them on long term deals. I just dont think they will be good enough to have arsenal challenge again. They need to sign genuine top class players too.

I think it's good he is signing them on long term deals. I just dont think they will be good enough to have arsenal challenge again. They need to sign genuine top class players too.

Instead of selling their best players to United and City.

It's smart of them to extend yes, all I was really putting out there is if these players are good enough to take Arsenal to the higher level I assume they want to get to i.e. winning the title again.

they may be but only as part of a team with a few stars in it too. Another 6 players at the same level as them wont be.

He is a good young player but nothing more in my eyes at the minute. The young Irish boy from Wigan is just as impressive imo yet he get's hee haw mention when compared to the likes of Wilshere.

The same stuff was being said about Walcott when he came onto the scene with these very arguments.

Are these genuine opinions? You think WIlshere's ability is comparable to Walcott's at the same age? To me, that is absolute insanity.

The James McCarthy opinion is less insane but I can't agree that he is as good as Wilshere.

Wilshere is pretty much the only hyped-up young English player since Gazza who isn't overrated.

Spot on.

I really don't understand how anyone can think Wilshere is overrated. He was fantastic in his first full season at Arsenal, he's been playing well since coming back from injury and he's certainly got all the attributes to suggest he'll be a top player in the future.

Should slot into the England midfield pretty nicely.