old chants from sellers

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not an ibrox one but funny all the same....

old trafford 1st CL match against salford united.......a street vendor on sir matt busby way continuously shouting....

HOT DOGGY DOGGY DOGGY DOGGY.....COME AN GET YER 'AMBURGEEERRRZZZZZZ,

BOUGHT ONE,IT WAS SHITE. three fucking quid an all.

Even more years ago it was "TAAAAAAYMES HAN CEERAZZZENNNN".

If you didn't have the Times and/or the Citizen in your pocket on the way home,you were considered a "miserable cunt" by your fellow fans because they couldn't read the half time scores :000000082:

I'll admit it,i EAT one of those spam rolls oot the big cardboard box,anyone else?.........

The rolls were unwrapped in the cardboard box. The cardboard box was soggy at the bottom. The bottom was soggy because the terracing was wet. The terracing was wet with pish......

The rolls were unwrapped in the cardboard box. The cardboard box was soggy at the bottom. The bottom was soggy because the terracing was wet. The terracing was wet with pish......

so basically i eat a pish soaked roll,well atleast the chewing gum took the taste away............

It won't come as a surprise that I heard a seller chanting this outside The Barras:

"Cheap socks, two for a pound, two for a pound. They're all stole so there cheap."

As if that last sentence underlines the quality and as to why they are so cheap.

hardly a bargain, considering ye need a sock for each foot??? :7325:

Anyone remember the time during the '70's when a gas cylinder exploded in one of the pie huts & everyone scampered onto the track & the game was temporarily stopped? This was at the height of the troubles in ulster & everyone thought it was a bomb.

Was a midweek game against Motherwell.

Me and my mates went from the Copland Road terrace on to the park.

When the ok announcement was made, took advantage by heading straight in to the Centenary Stand. (tu)

The pie hut was right at the back of the Copland Road end.

Used to do "beef"burgers as well. But they weren't fried. The burgers floated in big tins 12 inches deep in gravy.

Seem to remember rock hard MB bars (the poor mans fry's cream)being sold, probably by the guys with the spam and cheese rolls.

In the early 70s the empty cardboard boxes were often used on really cold days to build wee bonfires on the terrace, which in those days nobody seemed to mind