Bluesquare Conference and Football League Div 2 average attendances

cushynumber

Correct me if i'm wrong would you only move to the english league if they did restructure the scottish league or would you happily move anyway.

I would move in a heart beat.When we had no league to play in at the start of the season,i thought CG was planning a move to England.That's when we had the chance,as we had no one in the way to block a move.It was a missed opertunity by CG imo.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think we're still undecided on that one - even as individuals, never mind as a collective

It's not just about the reconstruction - it's about the whole manner in which the SFA, SPL and individual clubs have treated us since the start of the Big Tax Case. Some of us think that wound can never be healed, some of us want to try, and some of us don't.

Some of us have always wanted to play in England, and some of us have never wanted to play in England.

It's quite a can of worms really.

But at the end of the day, I think most of us would rather play in a league which welcomes us than one which despises us.

We thought we had found that place in SFL3, but if the SFL can jump so easily into bed with the SPL over this reconstruction, then we might have to re-evaluate that.

In my opinion from what i've read on various sites is that SFL are only interested in money purely because they know losing Rangers, would lose them a lot of dosh. Now in my opinion if Rangers did move into the english league there's a lot of positives because for one there playing in a better league with loads of teams with a big away supports and good grounds, another one is you'll be able to attract bigger named players (for when you reach the premier league) which could help you preform better in the champions league. Though of course entering the conference it would take you at least six or seven years but it would be worth the wait.

Also again financially with alot of sponsorship deals around the football league with tv deals and what have you. Also with you being the only team in league from scotland, you'd have more support from up there.

In my opinion from what i've read on various sites is that SFL are only interested in money purely because they know losing Rangers, would lose them a lot of dosh. Now in my opinion if Rangers did move into the english league there's a lot of positives because for one there playing in a better league with loads of teams with a big away supports and good grounds, another one is you'll be able to attract bigger named players (for when you reach the premier league) which could help you preform better in the champions league. Though of course entering the conference it would take you at last six or seven years but it would be worth the wait.

Also again financially with alot of sponsorship deals around the football league with tv deals a what have you. Also with you being the only team in league from scotland, you'd have more support from up there.

I'd agree with all of that, although several years languishing in lower divisions would be hard to take - we're used to being at the very top.

I personally would prefer the mooted Europa or Atlantic League, but whether there's any realistic chance of that, who knows?

I would move in a heart beat.When we had no league to play in at the start of the season,i thought CG was planning a move to England.That's when we had the chance,as we had no one in the way to block a move.It was a missed opertunity by CG imo.

As I said a while back on this - CG was just in the door, and didn't have a firm enough grasp on who and what we were, or what we were up against up here. It's a risk he couldn't afford to take at that time IMO.

As I said a while back on this - CG was just in the door, and didn't have a firm enough grasp on who and what we were, or what we were up against up here. It's a risk he couldn't afford to take at that time IMO.

I can see that point,all i'm saying is that was the time to try and get out of Scotland and play in England.

In my opinion there's no competition in the spl its always Rangers and Celtic going for the title, the other teams in that league are just pub teams. Also every time Rangers and Celtic reach Europe they always seem to struggle which is down to one- attracting world class players, two- the Sunday leagues you face every week, i mean on the saturday you face the likes of Livingston then Wednesday you face Barcelona.

My whole point is the spl seems to not be the place to attract world class players that is why normally you struggle,

In my opinion there's no competition in the spl its always Rangers and Celtic going for the title, the other teams in that league are just pub teams. Also every time Rangers and Celtic reach Europe they always seem to struggle which is down to one- can't attract world class players, two- the Sunday leagues you face every week, i mean on the saturday you face the likes of Livingston then Wednesday you face Barcelona.

My whole point is the spl seems to not be the place to attract world class players that is why normally you struggle,

Sorry i've pressed the wrong button i only wanted to edit the other post, woops lol

In my opinion there's no competition in the spl its always Rangers and Celtic going for the title, the other teams in that league are just pub teams. Also every time Rangers and Celtic reach Europe they always seem to struggle which is down to one- attracting world class players, two- the Sunday leagues you face every week, i mean on the saturday you face the likes of Livingston then Wednesday you face Barcelona.

get a petition going down there mate "we want rangers in England,," .We'll make your smaller teams all the richer, travel expenses won't be an issue and there will be some good games.Guys like u can help make it happen just by talking about it and raising the profile.

Yeah we all pretty much agree with that, but the fact remains that we are a Scottish club, and have been for 141 years. It's hard to just toss something like that away.

get a petition going down there mate "we want rangers in England,," .We'll make your smaller teams all the richer, travel expenses won't be an issue and there will be some good games.Guys like u can help make it happen just by talking about it and raising the profile.

Actually never mind the petition,he should sign our petition,and then post it on his message boards. :wink:

Yeah we all pretty much agree with that, but the fact remains that we are a Scottish club, and have been for 141 years. It's hard to just toss something like that away.

Not really. We are a Scottish club who were also members of the English fa, indeed we may still be

Sorry i've pressed the wrong button i only wanted to edit the other post, woops lol

Actually never mind the petition,he should sign our petition,and then post it on his message boards. :wink:

That's a very good point Cushy & Ped.

VillaFan - if you could post this link on any other forums you frequent, and ask everyone to sign it, that would be very much appreciated. :thumbup:

http://epetitions.di...petitions/42143

Personally I don't want them in our league either, but to be honest I don't think the Fa would want both of yer playing in the same league together. Rangers of course to me and most others are welcome to move in, no disrespect to the scottish league but it's simply isn't that great. Come in our league you'll be facing some better opposition.

You could say that in most leagues though. Man u have to constantly pump the shite like villa, Wigan, qpr etc. barca and real have to do it against yer deportivos, getafe etc etc.

We got to a European final only 5 years ago so I'm not using the league as an excuse.

That's a very good point Ped.

VillaFan - if you could post this link on any other forums you frequent, and ask everyone to sign it, that would be very much appreciated. :thumbup:

http://epetitions.di...petitions/42143

I said the word "petition" first so I am taking all the credit for this idea :rolleyes:

I don't think it would do any good if i came out and said "we want in rangers in england" it would be best coming from a rangers fan. If for example you came on one of the non league teams forum's and talked to them and give them the reasons yourself and that would get them on your side. I've already started the ball rolling on my local nuneatontownforum to get people's opinion already haven't much replies sadly, but like i said if you went a few conference teams forums and give them the good reasons why rangers should be in the english league you would get them on side. :thumbup:

Well we were boycotting that word. But you've just totally undermined it now . Scab!!!

Well we were boycotting that word. But you've just totally undermined it now . Scab!!!

I went to buy a flake earlier and had to text roboprod to see if we were boycotting cadburys. He never replied so I couldn't buy it :(

I don't think it would do any good if i came out and said "we want in rangers in england" it would be best coming from a rangers fan. If for example you came on one of the non league teams forum's and talked to them and give them the reasons yourself and that would get them on your side. I've already started the ball rolling on my local nuneatontownforum to get people's opinion already haven't much replies sadly, but like i said if you went a few conference teams forums and give them the good reasons why rangers should be in the english league you would get them on side. :thumbup:

Could you supply us with a few forum links to get the ball rolling?