Rangers Players Not Fit For Purpose

billmcmurdo

If the players are not fit (and it looks that way) then there is only one guy to blame.

I think thr may be say two threads you forgot to Mention who's to blame, slacking. Tell me again whoa to blame, just so it registers.

Although the players don't look too fit, I don't think that's the main problem.

We've lost our reputation for finishing off teams especially in the 3rd div, so it's not too much of a leap to be humiliated by teams playing at a so-called higher level.

I stop watching after the 2nd goal went in as we didn't look anywhere near capable of fighting our way back into the game as the final result proved.

Why the youngsters that got us to were we are in the 3rd didn't get the chance to show what they were like against a thoroughly averange Dun Hibs team was a lot to do with yesterdays result.

Although the players don't look too fit, I don't think that's the main problem.

We've lost our reputation for finishing off teams especially in the 3rd div, so it's not too much of a leap to be humiliated by teams playing at a so-called higher level.

I stop watching after the 2nd goal went in as we didn't look anywhere near capable of fighting our way back into the game as the final result proved.

Why the youngsters that got us to were we are in the 3rd didn't get the chance to show what they were like against a thoroughly averange Dun Hibs team was a lot to do with yesterdays result.

you say thoroughly average where imo they have some quality players, now when I look at it like that we are average with a few quality players too, the difference is experience and the time we have played with what opposition we have had compared to utd playing together longer gaining a better understanding, therefore likely the better team.

I would say Faure, Hutton, templeton, Kyle, sandaza all look a bit heavier than they should be

Certainly agree with the rest but I cant see where your getting templeton from.

Not that im slating the players but its funny that the players who look fittest and more focused are the older and more experienced players. Can see why they are getting a bit slack now though, supposing its D3, the SPL or the EPL - if your as far infront as we are now, your going to lose interest. Not that I agree with it, but any player would be not just our current crop. Take last season as an example

you say thoroughly average where imo they have some quality players, now when I look at it like that we are average with a few quality players too, the difference is experience and the time we have played with what opposition we have had compared to utd playing together longer gaining a better understanding, therefore likely the better team.

I think Russel and Daly are their only quality players, but they are presently sitting about 7th/8th in the SPL and they're over the moon if they finish in the top six for 3 or four years in a row. They're certainly not the team they were in the 80's, but that's all they have in their history to shout about, so that's all we hear them go on about.

As good as their past exploits go, they're just an average team. A team that's just gone through a highly public debate about their manager due to their lack of money. Their new manager has obviously given them a lift as their home record was abysmal prior to yesterdays game.

Really, Rangers should be beating teams like that, no matter how long the players they've not managed to sell yet have played together.

I think Russel and Daly are their only quality players, but they are presently sitting about 7th/8th in the SPL and they're over the moon if they finish in the top six for 3 or four years in a row. They're certainly not the team they were in the 80's, but that's all they have in their history to shout about, so that's all we hear them go on about.

As good as their past exploits go, they're just an average team. A team that's just gone through a highly public debate about their manager due to their lack of money. Their new manager has obviously given them a lift as their home record was abysmal prior to yesterdays game.

Really, Rangers should be beating teams like that, no matter how long the players they've not managed to sell yet have played together.

I understand where and what utd are but simple fact is they are a better team at this moment, it was not a rangers of old v utd of old, it's rangers where were at now against the same utd who just happen to be better.

Certainly agree with the rest but I cant see where your getting templeton from.

Not that im slating the players but its funny that the players who look fittest and more focused are the older and more experienced players. Can see why they are getting a bit slack now though, supposing its D3, the SPL or the EPL - if your as far infront as we are now, your going to lose interest. Not that I agree with it, but any player would be not just our current crop. Take last season as an example

Temps looked a bit podgy to me. Not as bad as Faure, but enough to take 5-10% off his game.

The last time I watched DU, in the flesh so to speak was when they beat us 3-2 at Ibrox 2 seasons ago. They certainly know how to turn it on against us, but as far as their form goes from week to week, they are shite.

I fully realise that they play in a 'better' league than us at the moment, but if we were expected to beat any team in this cup game, Dun Hibs would have been a good one to win.

I don't know if the lack of fans was a contributing factor for our performance, but I'm not inclined to go down that road as that's the first time in a while that I switched off yesterday from watching utter and total shite from Rangers.

I still maintain that Dun HIbs are a struggling SPL team and we had our best opportunity in a while to show what we're about. It just so happens, we just showed the rest of the counrty exactly what we're about, meak, weak and fairly clueless.