David Edgar Article

minstral

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i'd say the sign of a good manager is when you see him get the best out of the resources available - what Ally had this year was a perfect opportunity to show that he could get this very average team playing fluid, exciting football (admitteldy, he would be doing that against teams that are decidely worse than us). if he could do that with this team, i'd be delighted to see what he could do with a better squad. however, all i've seen are teams out-play and out-think us. A number of these teams incidently also had little pre-season, and were also cobbled together in a number of instances.

statistically speaking, i'm less than confident in our current management/coaching/youth structure

Its all about opinions....So im gonnae throw mine in...The product/performances this season have been poor, But im gonnae be buying 2xadult and 2xchild season tickets for next season cause im a FANatic of RANGERS FOOTBALL CLUB.

I always liked David Edgar as he seemed to say what I was thinking and feeling during the david murray (gie us your money and shut the fuck up) years.

And I agree with 90% of his article, hutton and cole showed up what is fundamentally wrong with ALL football clubs at the moment, big and pig headed spoiled wee boys who dont listen and have no moral compass spouting pish on social media.

I did however feel slighty unclean when his article veered into the sublte? threat to no longer pay to support RANGERS, and telling Charles Green that he has been warned/advised!?

The biggest bug bear I have is that WE as RANGERS FANS seem to be unable to agree on anything,and Ive been shaking my head reading some of the posts, more so when WE ALL KNOW how many lurking/sneaky mhanky ghests that troll thru this SUPERB site looking for a cheap laugh and a giggle and almost without fail we provide them with their daily dose of anti Rangers wank material.

Ive made a point not to post onto threads where the atmosphere and infighting was not healthy debating, and it was only making us look like a rabble.

I love coming on here,as ive been educated and informed on so many things and facts that I didnt know about my Rangers, and im by no means trying to preach or to cause more grief. WE ARE RANGERS. Next season we will be fucking silky and powerful, we will steamroll every team that we meet and our attendences will still be the envy of clubs all over europe. Im prepared to be be patient and SUPPORT my CLUB.

Now where did I put that hardhat!?. RANGERS...THEN...NOW...FOREVER.

Fine post however the threat doesn't come from Edgar, its there already with an evident drop in numbers attending games.I'm sure he'll continue to go to games regardless of how pish we might be next season.

We're all still grateful that we have a club to support at all but soon enough attendances will reflect how we are performing on the pitch and the economic climate.

With a hike in ST prices en-route and what can only be describes as fucking woeful stuff on the pitch and little sign of visions off it to change the status quo of training, fitness, signings etc etc then I can only see quite a significant drop in ST numbers.

I wondered where he had gone, every time he was on tv or the radio i thought he spoke well and eloquently, getting the fans view across very well.

The article today aint far from the truth.

Always been around, concentrates more on his podcast these days which is certainly worth a listen if you can ignore all the homo-eroticism :lol:

oh ffs another wannabe moaning and a griping but showing little regard for the reality of the situation - we cobbled together a squad under enormous pressure and still we are romping the league. everyone knows we are in s rebuilding process but expect the rebuilding to be done is a few short months. Patience is not the virtue of the football fan

Sometimes I actually think you just have to be at it. Nobody actually believes that amount of shite. I hold no coaching credentials whatsoever, but even I can see that to play in the Third Division/Second/First division on the way back up that's where you recruit from. Not some random collection of has beens or never were's, overpaid and underperforming. You utilise guys who will do a job then you step up to the next level and do the same. How McCoist can't see that is beyond me. Mnay teams before have provided the template for it.

oh ffs another wannabe moaning and a griping but showing little regard for the reality of the situation - we cobbled together a squad under enormous pressure and still we are romping the league. everyone knows we are in s rebuilding process but expect the rebuilding to be done is a few short months. Patience is not the virtue of the football fan

So what are you saying, we should just be patient and continue to pay our money and disregard the performance without any comment in the knowledge that we are in a rebuiding phase where we can see no progress from the start of the season. In fact in my opinion since the Motherwell game we have got worse and now seem to be at our lowest on the park. The attendances would seem to back me up as at Ibrox last week it was more like 32-35000