Should we get rid of the transfer board and move it in here?

Transfer Board Removal  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to delete the transfer board and move topics in here?

• Yes
    • No

no, pre-season last year was just crappy transfer talk with no source barring the sun and record. put me off football chat in here a lot.+

we have top quality contributors now in here and alleged transfers and claims will drag it down again.

Suppose you have a point.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem is that transfer talk and transfer rumours are totally different things. I must admit the daft rumours are a PITA but a discussion about whether a player would be a good target is appropriate to the Rangers forum. The same goes for known targets or players who have stated an interest in joining us. Think about it...why are those subjects different from others related to Rangers? Logic dictates that you should have several forums for each subject regarding the club. Actually there are two subjects on the main forum now that should be moved to 'Transfer Talk' if t you want to be pedantic about it. A 'Transfer Rumour' forum would perhaps be better.

defo in a seperate place dont need to clutter the board, im sick of all the fowler threads all ready.

Well that's a different issue. People shouldn't really keep start starting threads on the same subject. Do admins have a 'merge' function on these boards?

Guest TheQueensXI
Well that's a different issue. People shouldn't really keep start starting threads on the same subject. Do admins have a 'merge' function on these boards?

yes we do, but depends on the content and the discussion in each thread.

plus, if there was a thread two days ago we cant be expected to go hunting for ever fowler thread to merge them.

What about adding two sub forums to the current "Rangers' Transfer Talk" board. Like:

"Spec and suggest" : (Speculation and suggestions. Who the members would like to see sign)

"Real targets" : (Realistic targets which includes concrete interest and what the papers say)

If this idea is quashed I still think moving the "Rangers Transfer Talk" board to the Bears dens as a sub forum would be a worthwhile idea. :rolleyes:

Probably best to rename the above suggested sub forums if they were to be considered:

"Transfer Talk" : (Realistic targets which includes concrete interest and what the papers say)

"Transfer rumours" : (Speculation and suggestions. Who the members would like to see sign)

yes we do, but depends on the content and the discussion in each thread.

plus, if there was a thread two days ago we cant be expected to go hunting for ever fowler thread to merge them.

No fair enough. Just meant if there were a couple running at the same time. Just wondered as I've seen threads merged on other forums but can't remember ever seeing it here.

Fair enough, the people have spoken. :)

Fair enough. Though I would say democracy is best served by a debate taking place and then the voting...not the other way around. :)

It needs better organised though.... me muffger and JR discussing naismith in three different threads, and having to post the same article in each thread in order to hear their opinions on it.