Stop trying to ruin this

rangersxfc

SFL CHIEF Jim Ballantyne has launched a vitriolic attack on officials from other clubs who he claims are scuppering league reconstruction.

Writing in his club’s programme before the 2-1 defeat to Partick Thistle which saw his side relegated to the Second Division, the Airdrie chairman said: “I don’t think I’ve ever been out of love with football as much as I am right now.

“It has been a hellish season and I can’t wait for it to end.

“I am also deeply saddened at the way in which reconstruction has been played out, and in particular with certain characters who are working things with their own agenda in mind and sod everybody else.

“They have their media-friendly patsies who trail out every leak they’re given whether it is true or just utter tosh.

“Fans have been presented with a concerted campaign by certain people dancing to a pre-determined tune and I can understand why fans don’t know whether they are coming or going.

“The same goes for a number of clubs.

“David Longmuir (the SFL chief executive), one of the hardest working and honest people I have had the pleasure to work with in football, has recently been singled out for demonisation by the usual suspects.

“Why? Because he tries to give all 30 SFL clubs as much information as possible to be able to make an informed decision — acting the way any independent chief executive should.

“Next day he is in Rangers’ pocket. Sometimes I really do despair.

“For what it is worth there is a lot right with the proposed principles behind the changes, although it is far from perfect.

“If it is to fail, it would be very sad that it might have done so as a result of a simple lack of trust. That says it all about the current state of Scottish football.”

looks like Longmuir and Rangers are being set up as the fall guys here

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems he is singling out the SPL as the main antagonists ...Thomson,Liewell, Milne, their press poodles etc.. I expect them now to go gunning for Ballantyne as a closet Bear ( remember the chunts complaining about him 12 months ago attending the Linfield game in Belfast , wearing the RFFF badge!)

Seems he is singling out the SPL as the main antagonists ...Thomson,Liewell, Milne, their press poodles etc.. I expect them now to go gunning for Ballantyne as a closet Bear ( remember the chunts complaining about him 12 months ago attending the Linfield game in Belfast , wearing the RFFF badge!)

“David Longmuir (the SFL chief executive), one of the hardest working and honest people I have had the pleasure to work with in football, has recently been singled out for demonisation by the usual suspects.

“Why? Because he tries to give all 30 SFL clubs as much information as possible to be able to make an informed decision — acting the way any independent chief executive should.

<cr>

<cr>

I think he's saying that the day after Longmuir does his job properly the papers have him labelled as Greens patsy. Which is what did happen.

Perhaps I'm reading this wrong, but I read that as him basically saying, those having a go at Longmuir are accusing him of being in Rangers' pockets BECAUSE he's doing the right thing and giving all sfl clubs unbiased information whereas he himself just credits Longmuir for being honest, No?

Otherwise, he just goes off in a wee mental tangent

That is how I read it as well. Pretty fucking ballsy if you ask me.

Decent enough piece by Ballantyne, my only question would be if the plan's not perfect, why not? it's a chance to make it perfect instead of rushing through something imperfect. The question he and others should ask is why? if the sponsorship and tv deals depend on it then why? why should they dictate what the reconstruction should be?

I had to read a couple of times to get it as well mate. It is quite easy these days to just assume that they are having a go at us.

It's really quite confusing. He seems to be a bit all over the joint. Doesn't seem particularly clear what he supports and certainly not who he's criticising

Decent enough piece by Ballantyne, my only question would be if the plan's not perfect, why not? it's a chance to make it perfect instead of rushing through something imperfect. The question he and others should ask is why? if the sponsorship and tv deals depend on it then why? why should they dictate what the reconstruction should be?

100% of SPL clubs would have voted yes but aberdeen and celtic blocked an attempt to change the 11-1 voting structure

It's really quite confusing. He seems to be a bit all over the joint. Doesn't seem particularly clear what he supports and certainly not who he's criticising

It's not obvious, although if you do read it over a couple of times it does seem as if he saying he despairs at the reaction to Longuir just doing his job properly.

Ballantyne is writing against those trying to bully those who are against it while accepting it's the best offer they're going to get

He's accusing the media of hanging on the coat tails of the bullies.

So then the rangers bit - he's not saying Longmuir is in Rangers' pocket but that that is what these bullies are saying?

Maybe it's just cos its nearly 1am but that article is clear as mud to me!

So then the rangers bit - he's not saying Longmuir is in Rangers' pocket but that that is what these bullies are saying?

Maybe it's just cos its nearly 1am but that article is clear as mud to me!

Aye. I had to read it twice, but generally he's sticking up for Longmuir and his leadership, the Rangers thing is just an example.

It is the headline that is confusing.

It makes it sound like he is angry that people are blocking reconstruction happening this year. If you ignore the headline and just read the content, its pretty clear that he is just talking about reconstruction being handled badly by the SPL and the Press.

Not that he does not have anything to gain. IF reconstruction does not happen this year, his club gets 4 matches against us next year. ;)

So Rangers are brought into this while Lawwell is trying to talk people around.

Rangers don't have a vote and no one will listen to what we have to say so i don't see why he has to bring us into it?

how wrong u are :7325::ulster::7326: i will smash em :cgreen: wee darkie said it was right so am doin it 4 him and my wee paki friend to sack the sfa/sphell. they are more bigoted/sectarian and racist than any of us :cgreen:

It is the headline that is confusing.

It makes it sound like he is angry that people are blocking reconstruction happening this year. If you ignore the headline and just read the content, its pretty clear that he is just talking about reconstruction being handled badly by the SPL and the Press.

Not that he does not have anything to gain. IF reconstruction does not happen this year, his club gets 4 matches against us next year. ;)

Agreed the headline makes you think he's against us but I think that's the OP's title and not Longmuir's

Ballantyne is saying that, despite all of the hard work undertaken by Longmuir in keeping his SFL member clubs fully informed of opinions and developments, the media go on to accuse him of being in Rangers' pocket. The man sees reconstruction as necessary but not necessarily the model of reconstruction being the " take it or leave it " version so favoured by eg. steven thomson, rod petrie, peter lawell, neil doncaster, stewart regan etc. He also appears to be realistic enough to know that years of hard work and honest endeavour could be wiped out if the " wee teams " get shafted.....................which looks to be the case.