Ally McCoist in the Telegraph.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a big Ally fan and I don't want him shat on from a great height after all he's gone through for us.

However his managerial skills IMO are not even open to question any more. All the questions have been asked and answered and the answers are nearly all wrong.

I read the 'leaked' plan yesterday and it seems to tick the boxes in what I want for my team. It is really discouraging to hear that this has been shelved.

We are gonna regret the departure of CG.

It is not bonkers, especially considering what has happened to the club in past couple of years. Fans demanding their club be run sustainably with long term success in mind is a reflection of past experience. Fans have collectively matured from the spend, spend, spend mentality and that is what is expected of the club and the manager.

Wenger is the most famous of prudent managers and there are plenty of others that would be willing to work on a sustainable long term remit. With the backing of the fans.

And we have people to set him an appropriate budget for the sustainability of the club, it is not all up to him.

And Wenger is the one exception, but he should have spent.

Asked if – supposing it were available – a £10 million transfer kitty would be appropriate in the humble context of SFL2 – McCoist replied: “Probably not, but, if I am going to be totally selfish about it, I would have to spend it to get out of the division and keep me, Ian Durrant, Kenny McDowall and the rest of the staff in a job.

“You can’t have it both ways. You can’t not spend it and then be criticised by everybody. I didn’t spend any money this year, with the exception of David Templeton, and, whether we like it or not, we were criticised heavily for our performances.

A lot of people have been saying over last few weeks Ally only wants whats best for the club but by his own admission here he would rather be selfish and risk the financial security of the club to keep himself and his mates in a job!

It seems to me there is a new dawn in the Scottish Footballing world. Teams like QofS, Ross County and ICT are showing what can be achieved with minimal expenditure if the recruitment, coaching, development and management strategies are right, and delivered in a professional no nonsense manner.

Those Clubs that are not waking up to the cold reality of current economics of Scottish Football in triple dip recession Britain are likely to face extinction. We at Rangers always have had the safety net of a tremendously loyal and large support that gives th Club a huge income stream. This should not be taken for granted and used flippantly.

To even mention sums like £10 million at a time when these other teams have achieved so much with so little, and when the economy is on its knees, just destroys credibility and is completely out of touch with world we live in now.

Oh, for God's sake, read the whole interview, put it into context and stop being so ridiculous, the lot of you. It's just getting utterly boring, day after day, every single comment getting ripped to bits.

Why would a poster highlight all the bits he thinks are negative in an interview with our manager and ignore the stuff the is positive?

2a4o4gi.jpg

The Ibrox boss was then asked if Clark was a better player than dad Sandy, who was once McCoist’s striking partner.

“I think his mother’s a better player than Nicky’s dad,” McCoist joked.

“Seriously, he’s a completely different player to his dad but you can see he has been coached by Sandy and listened to every word.

“We don’t have any centre-forwards and we don’t have any centre-halves. We have bits and pieces all over the place.”

everybody can now see ally is not the man for the job yet people want to entertain the idea he needs to buy his own players, have a preseason behind him and all that guff

didn't think this day could dampen my day but then he opens his trap once again

I dispair

A lot of people have been saying over last few weeks Ally only wants whats best for the club but by his own admission here he would rather be selfish and risk the financial security of the club to keep himself and his mates in a job!

Yes, that's exactly what he said. You muppet.

Ridiculous comments from Ally. If these are his accurate truthful comments, he should seriously be looking at his position within the club. There is absolutely no need to be spending anything like £3 million on winning the next division. As has been stated previously, we should be scouring the lower leagues of Europe for raw talent while encouraging and bringing through our own young players and prudently building for our return to the top flight. It really worries me that our manager seems to take the Viv Nicholson approach to team building, I despair!! Whatever happened to dear old Viv??

The Ibrox boss was then asked if Clark was a better player than dad Sandy, who was once McCoist’s striking partner.

“I think his mother’s a better player than Nicky’s dad,” McCoist joked.

“Seriously, he’s a completely different player to his dad but you can see he has been coached by Sandy and listened to every word.

“We don’t have any centre-forwards and we don’t have any centre-halves. We have bits and pieces all over the place.”

So where is he going to play him he is more likley to play him at left back or in goal.it certainly wont be as a striker.

Shocking statements from Ally. Absolutely senseless. This old guard at Ibrox are just going to make the same mistakes over and over.

I find it incredible that he is admitting that he and his coaches are unable to coach the players we have to win the league next season.

A dreadful admission .

Shocking statements from Ally. Absolutely senseless. This old guard at Ibrox are just going to make the same mistakes over and over.

I find it incredible that he is admitting that he and his coaches are unable to coach the players we have to win the league next season.

A dreadful admission .

Nope, didn't admit that either.

Yes, that's exactly what he said. You muppet.

He did say it though! It is a direct quote from him there so no matter how much you want to deny it and pretend he is a fantastic manager he says quite plainly he wants to spend more than the club can afford to to keep him and the coaching staff in a job!

Nope, didn't admit that either.

He said he needs millions for next season when obviously he doesn't. and he also said this "We don’t have any centre-forwards and we don’t have any centre-halves. We have bits and pieces all over the place"Rubbish

Ally is a chequebook manager with no apparent coaching ability

He did say it though! It is a direct quote from him there so no matter how much you want to deny it and pretend he is a fantastic manager he says quite plainly he wants to spend more than the club can afford to to keep him and the coaching staff in a job!

Direct quote that he would risk the financial security of the club?

He said he needs millions for next season when obviously he doesn't. and he also said this "We don’t have any centre-forwards and we don’t have any centre-halves. We have bits and pieces all over the place"Rubbish

Ally is a chequebook manager with no apparent coaching ability

So he didn't admit he couldn't coach the squad to win the league next year then?

So he didn't admit he couldn't coach the squad to win the league next year then?

Asked if – supposing it were available – a £10 million transfer kitty would be appropriate in the humble context of SFL2 – McCoist replied: “Probably not, but, if I am going to be totally selfish about it, I would have to spend it to get out of the division and keep me, Ian Durrant, Kenny McDowall and the rest of the staff in a job.

Because of the rest of the paragraph when he talks about the criticism of the style of play and the quality of players we can attract. Anyway... Game!

Because of the rest of the paragraph when he talks about the criticism of the style of play and the quality of players we can attract. Anyway... Game!

How come it cost qos very little to romp home the self playing attractive football qith a lesser team?

You dont need to throw money down the drain to play attractive football, just the right mentality.

Enough people care about finding anything else they can slate him for.

With one exception, any manager in the world would pitch for the highest budget they could get, and bring in the best players they could. Then take the budget they do get and bring in the best players they can.

Only in our world would a manager trying to do that be seen as wrong.

It is just bonkers.

Imagine a manager from Berwick, Queens Park, Alloa etc (no disrespect to those teams) saying to be successful in SFL 2 they needed 10 million for players, 1/2 million players weren't good enough and they had no ability to bring in younger players. He'd be laughed at.

Puts it in perspective.

Is it because Ally is a millionaire that he thinks he has to spend money to succeed? How many times have we seen expensive players being total failures? Spending money may solve some problems but we need a manager who is capable of getting the best out of good journeymen footballers, once we're back at the top is the time to spend big