A Call For Unity Between Fans

Buzz

A call for unity between the various fans forums  

197 members have voted

1. 1. Do you wish for the owners and operators of this forum to develop a more healthy relationship with the other forums?

• Yes
    • No
    • This is unnecessary

No I'm not, and I'd appreciate it if you didn't try to put a negative slant on everything I said. I have afforded you the same respect.

What's negative about it? Either they are or they aren't one and the same. It's quite important regarding this thread, as you're asking us to foster relations with FF by stopping our members slagging people for being members of the RST. If, as FF and RST claim, they are separate entities, then that makes no sense.

I do not 'pick and choose' what offends me and what doesn't, I have complete trust that the admin and mod team on here would be able to differentiate between abuse and constructive debate. I already lashed out at Fury in the thread that was subsequently deleted/locked/whatever happened to it.

So can we leave the faux offendedness at the abuse Chris Graham received then? My point was in direct reference to that.

It's certainly expressing a desire for some sort of action from this forum, the question is, will either the admin team, or you personally, take it upon yourself/yourselves to try and see through what your forum is asking of you?

No it's not. In fact (at the time of this post) more members of this forum want us to take no action than want us to take action.

I'm going to launch the poll on FF when I get a moment, but I have no doubt given recent feelings expressed on there about the relations between fans fora that it will be a success.

Let us know how it goes (tu)

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's negative about it? Either they are or they aren't one and the same. It's quite important regarding this thread, as you're asking us to foster relations with FF by stopping our members slagging people for being members of the RST. If, as FF and RST claim, they are separate entities, then that makes no sense.

So can we leave the faux offendedness at the abuse Chris Graham received then? My point was in direct reference to that.

No it's not. In fact (at the time of this post) more members of this forum want us to take no action than want us to take action.

Let us know how it goes (tu)

The two issues can be identified separately. There is more than one outstanding issue, the RST was just an excellent example given the recent hostility on the thread that you were referring to. Harmonising relations with FF and VB would inevitably reduce this hostility for not only the RST, but the two RSA's, TRS, CRO and various bloggers.

Chris Graham did receive a torrent of abuse, I think you would struggle to deny that. He also made a post or two lashing out at various people, but it's not as if it was unprovoked like the abuse he received was.

The poll when I posted was the exact opposite, it seems to be changing with the winds.

To be honest, I'm utterly astounded that a forum like this tolerates personal abuse. It never used to. I remember a few admin from years ago on here crying and getting members banned because they were personally abused. But hey, some are more equal than others, right BP? ;)

No I'm not, and I'd appreciate it if you didn't try to put a negative slant on everything I said. I have afforded you the same respect.

I do not 'pick and choose' what offends me and what doesn't, I have complete trust that the admin and mod team on here would be able to differentiate between abuse and constructive debate. I already lashed out at Fury in the thread that was subsequently deleted/locked/whatever happened to it.

It's certainly expressing a desire for some sort of action from this forum, the question is, will either the admin team, or you personally, take it upon yourself/yourselves to try and see through what your forum is asking of you?

I'm going to launch the poll on FF when I get a moment, but I have no doubt given recent feelings expressed on there about the relations between fans fora that it will be a success.

Buzz,

this forum's greatest strength is that it's not a pressure group. If RM ever try to speak for me, I'll give them hell. :p20:

Buzz,

this forum's greatest strength is that it's not a pressure group. If RM ever try to speak for me, I'll give them hell. :p20:

No ones asking it to speak for you, what we are asking is that personal abuse is cut out and some diplomacy established with other forums that stops the pointless pot-shots.

Surely you agree that this is a sane and reasonable course of action?

The two issues can be identified separately. There is more than one outstanding issue, the RST was just an excellent example given the recent hostility on the thread that you were referring to. Harmonising relations with FF and VB would inevitably reduce this hostility for not only the RST, but the two RSA's, TRS, CRO and various bloggers.

Chris Graham did receive a torrent of abuse, I think you would struggle to deny that. He also made a post or two lashing out at various people, but it's not as if it was unprovoked like the abuse he received was.

The poll when I posted was the exact opposite, it seems to be changing with the winds.

To be honest, I'm utterly astounded that a forum like this tolerates personal abuse. It never used to. I remember a few admin from years ago on here crying and getting members banned because they were personally abused. But hey, some are more equal than others, right BP? ;)

For the sake of accuracy, Chris came on to the thread, clearly very angry, and dished out some insults at people for "abusing" Gail. The only abusive post I saw was when someone referred to the lady in question as "big, daft Gail". Chris called some posters "wankers" before anyone directed any derogatory posts at him.

It was a very unexpected outburst from Chris and to me it highlighted the brittleness of RST members when questioned or criticised.

For the sake of accuracy, Chris came on to the thread, clearly very angry, and dished out some insults at people for "abusing" Gail. The only abusive post I saw was when someone referred to the lady in question as "big, daft Gail". Chris called some posters "wankers" before anyone directed any derogatory posts at him.

It was a very unexpected outburst from Chris and to me it highlighted the brittleness of RST members when questioned or criticised.

Equally, in the thread about the article he wrote exposing Ahmad, there are several baseless claims and insults levelled at him. How do you expect the guy to react when our own take potshots at him?

For anyone interested, the current vote on FF is 72% in favour of better relations between the forums.

No ones asking it to speak for you, what we are asking is that personal abuse is cut out and some diplomacy established with other forums that stops the pointless pot-shots.

Surely you agree that this is a sane and reasonable course of action?

the first bit yes. the 2nd bit no - we are not one body, we are 30,000 individuals

Also, from what I hear, most FF members are very uncomplimentary towards RM - far more than goes the other way.

the first bit yes. the 2nd bit no - we are not one body, we are 30,000 individuals

Also, from what I hear, most FF members are very uncomplimentary towards RM - far more than goes the other way.

If that were the case, how come 72% are voting in favour of better relations?

Equally, in the thread about the article he wrote exposing Ahmad, there are several baseless claims and insults levelled at him. How do you expect the guy to react when our own take potshots at him?

For anyone interested, the current vote on FF is 72% in favour of better relations between the forums.

I'm aware Chris is the recipient of insults on here and to a lesser extent on Twitter, which can't be much fun.

Much of this abuse has coincided with Chris adapting his previously inflammatory approach and also with his stated views becoming totally indistinguishable from the FF/RST party line.

100% true. You should hear how even some respectable FFers refer to RMers, seriously.

Very thorough records were kept of who paid what and how much was paid for shares. Everyone got what they put in minus anything that was paid for shares and allocated to them. The interest is still in the account. We will probably put it towards audit costs as Gersave was always included in the audit but we took no money from the fund. Just so you know, the rules of Gersave actually allowed up to charge up to 5% of people's contributions for admin costs. We never did that.

Very interesting and thanks for a refreshing honest answer

Any time that question has been asked in the past it has met with abuse and rhetoric

I could get used to this. :lol:

I'm aware Chris is the recipient of insults on here and to a lesser extent on Twitter, which can't be much fun.

Much of this abuse has coincided with Chris adapting his previously inflammatory approach and also with his stated views becoming totally indistinguishable from the FF/RST party line.

I don't think it's fair to say that his views are indistinguishable from the RST's, given that the only view the RST has given on this issue is the statement they just issued, saying that the disharmony must stop. From what you're saying, we must all be following the RST party line as everyone on here wants an end to the boardroom madness.

Also, from what I saw, most of the insults levelled at him consisted of "You care too much about going on TV" - which leaves me to this question

Would people prefer he didn't bother going on Scotland Tonight and simply gave Spiers free reign to badmouth us?

100% true. You should hear how even some respectable FFers refer to RMers, seriously.

Not any more. This is what I'm saying, it's a one-off chance to change this stuff. FF is voting in favour of it - the question is, will RM too?

Also, from what I saw, most of the insults levelled at him consisted of "You care too much about going on TV" - which leaves me to this question

Would people prefer he didn't bother going on Scotland Tonight and simply gave Spiers free reign to badmouth us?

I enjoy Chris' work on TV, doesn't mean I have to agree with everything he thinks/does.

I enjoy Chris' work on TV, doesn't mean I have to agree with everything he thinks/does.

Nobodys saying it does, but surely it means the "You care too much about going on TV" stuff is totally unwarranted?

I don't think it's fair to say that his views are indistinguishable from the RST's, given that the only view the RST has given on this issue is the statement they just issued, saying that the disharmony must stop. From what you're saying, we must all be following the RST party line as everyone on here wants an end to the boardroom madness.

The RST's mouthpiece site, FF, is firmly anti-Green & Ahmad, as is Chris. Both FF & Chris have made repeated calls for Rangers men on the board, meaning Walter & Paul Murray. Chris spat the dummy on here yesterday at some imagined slight on a non-RM user who had penned a pro-RST article on Twitter. Why should that have been?

As I said, right now the views of Mark Dingwall & Chris Graham are indistinguishable.

Nobodys saying it does, but surely it means the "You care too much about going on TV" stuff is totally unwarranted?

I can't say for certain but I think CG's detractors believe he has diluted his previously-held strong opinions in order to be suited to a TV audience. I know there's a feeling among some supporters that Chris has become too close to Richard Wilson and Tom English, in that they are shaping his opinions.

The RST's mouthpiece site, FF, is firmly anti-Green & Ahmad, as is Chris. Both FF & Chris have made repeated calls for Rangers men on the board, meaning Walter & Paul Murray. Chris spat the dummy on here yesterday at some imagined slight on a non-RM user who had penned a pro-RST article on Twitter. Why should that have been?

As I said, right now the views of Mark Dingwall & Chris Graham are indistinguishable.

I still don't understand why that should warrant personal abuse.

Mark Dingwall is still a person, and regardless of your views on him, a bit of civility is not unreasonable to expect towards a fellow Rangers fan.