The Important Thing is Rangers

nvager

The important thing is Rangers, our survival and our return to the top.

Like all of us I am fed up with all the hassles, mhedia, doubtful personalities, some Rangers supporters and above all waiting forever for this investigation of Green/Whyte to be over and done with.

The fact that it is taking so long worries me.

With Regan and the SFA ready to pounce for the slightest reason it had better clear us/Green and Co.

Rangers supporters deserve better.

Does anyone have a clue when all this will come to a conclusion?

Should we be signing players at all before this has been cleared up?

We need clarity as soon as possible or before that.

Is there to be an EGM? Do we even know that? It may be a good thing as our fan shareholders can attend and ask a multitude of questions that need to be answered.

Like most fans I am totally frustrated by what is happening.

Did someone not say that the independent report was due to be published next week?

Due to paying some heftty bills off i was unable to take up the IPO, but am glad some bears have and will ask pertenent question of the board and its business.

This is it.

Rangers Football Club, is not just an entity that plays Football. It is far more than that. Yes it has a fine reputation and Footballing History- the World Record Club, a European Title and Domestic Dominance. The atmosphere on match days is unequalled. Even in Div 3, Rangers showed the World how a Club can be and should be supported.

It is this last point that is Rangers greatest attribute- its support is it greatest asset. For it is the Support, Its people... The People that make Rangers and have always made Rangers unique. For me supporting Rangers very much reflects my Character and make up. I am proud to belong to Glasgow- to me the best City in the World.. due solely to its people. I served with the Royal Highland Fusiliers- The Glasgow Regiment. A Regiment unsurpassed in terms of its contribution to defending Britains interests- over 200 Battle Honours- gained by Glaswegians who have fought and died all over the World for; Britain, Scotland, Glasgow and most importantly perhaps each other. I am also proud to be Scottish. I love our Country and the fact that as a Nation have produced many truly innovative and adventurous people who have contributed so much to the World.. Whether it be exploration or medical advancements or engineering and invention. I am proud to be British. Great Britain.

So when I turn up at Ibrox, I am not just supporting the boys in blue- who after all are individuals on great wages kicking a ball around the park- I am supporting an institution that represents and pays homage to our history and way of life, as Glaswegians., as Scots, as Britains. The most significant and powerful moment of last year for me, was not winning any game, or lifting the Division 3 trophy. No it was the act of Remembrance last November at Ibrox. The memory of which brings tears to my eye as I write this,

So this is why I am totally disillusioned with our Board. It's not the Football. I do not support Rangers merely to see a side win a Football match although I would be a hypocrite not to admit it does give me great satisfaction..

It is the absolute failure of our Board to act in a way that demonstrates the values that have made supporting Rangers an affirmation, to me, as to what it is to be a Scot in Britain. The people currently representing our Clubs interests are not acting as custodians of what it means to be part of Rangers. Instead it has been turned into a business asset. Ibrox and Auchenhowie are to some no more than pieces of real estate, our Support merely an income stream. Being on the Rangers Board for some has clearly been taken as a chance to maximise their own media and business profiles at the detriment of the Clubs profile and interests.

It is for this reason I have given serious consideration as to how I support Rangers during these times. Do I continue funding these guys inflated salaries and maximising the value of their shareholding. Does unquestioningly purchasing a season ticket, in these circumstances truly the act of a true Rangers supporter. To be totally honest I do not know. I am clueless as to what action would be in the best interests of the Club and our traditions. There is a massive sense of betrayal.

So I have reached a decision. I will buy my season tickets, but only if Walter Smith is still on the board. Not because he is a "Rangers" Man, but because he is the only person in any position on the Board I can identify with. I hope very much to be at Ibrox next year, sitting with my son, as part of the greatest support in the world. I hope our current investors, and would be investors, wake up quickly and read the writing on the wall, for if action is not taken quickly they risk losing Rangers greatest asset- it's supporters... Without which Rangers the Club and Ibrox the stadium are merely empty shells.

The important thing is Rangers, our survival and our return to the top.

Like all of us I am fed up with all the hassles, mhedia, doubtful personalities, some Rangers supporters and above all waiting forever for this investigation of Green/Whyte to be over and done with.

The fact that it is taking so long worries me.

With Regan and the SFA ready to pounce for the slightest reason it had better clear us/Green and Co.

Rangers supporters deserve better.

Does anyone have a clue when all this will come to a conclusion?

Should we be signing players at all before this has been cleared up?

We need clarity as soon as possible or before that.

Is there to be an EGM? Do we even know that? It may be a good thing as our fan shareholders can attend and ask a multitude of questions that need to be answered.

Like most fans I am totally frustrated by what is happening.

I actually see the positivev in both the investigation and the EGM as, no matter who wins, they will have a clear shareholder mandate to move forward based on whatever shit ( or no shit) uncovered by the investigation the EGM coul be the end of the beginning so to speak and we can move to the middle game ..

This is it.

Rangers Football Club, is not just an entity that plays Football. It is far more than that. Yes it has a fine reputation and Footballing History- the World Record Club, a European Title and Domestic Dominance. The atmosphere on match days is unequalled. Even in Div 3, Rangers showed the World how a Club can be and should be supported.

It is this last point that is Rangers greatest attribute- its support is it greatest asset. For it is the Support, Its people... The People that make Rangers and have always made Rangers unique. For me supporting Rangers very much reflects my Character and make up. I am proud to belong to Glasgow- to me the best City in the World.. due solely to its people. I served with the Royal Highland Fusiliers- The Glasgow Regiment. A Regiment unsurpassed in terms of its contribution to defending Britains interests- over 200 Battle Honours- gained by Glaswegians who have fought and died all over the World for; Britain, Scotland, Glasgow and most importantly perhaps each other. I am also proud to be Scottish. I love our Country and the fact that as a Nation have produced many truly innovative and adventurous people who have contributed so much to the World.. Whether it be exploration or medical advancements or engineering and invention. I am proud to be British. Great Britain.

So when I turn up at Ibrox, I am not just supporting the boys in blue- who after all are individuals on great wages kicking a ball around the park- I am supporting an institution that represents and pays homage to our history and way of life, as Glaswegians., as Scots, as Britains. The most significant and powerful moment of last year for me, was not winning any game, or lifting the Division 3 trophy. No it was the act of Remembrance last November at Ibrox. The memory of which brings tears to my eye as I write this,

So this is why I am totally disillusioned with our Board. It's not the Football. I do not support Rangers merely to see a side win a Football match although I would be a hypocrite not to admit it does give me great satisfaction..

It is the absolute failure of our Board to act in a way that demonstrates the values that have made supporting Rangers an affirmation, to me, as to what it is to be a Scot in Britain. The people currently representing our Clubs interests are not acting as custodians of what it means to be part of Rangers. Instead it has been turned into a business asset. Ibrox and Auchenhowie are to some no more than pieces of real estate, our Support merely an income stream. Being on the Rangers Board for some has clearly been taken as a chance to maximise their own media and business profiles at the detriment of the Clubs profile and interests.

It is for this reason I have given serious consideration as to how I support Rangers during these times. Do I continue funding these guys inflated salaries and maximising the value of their shareholding. Does unquestioningly purchasing a season ticket, in these circumstances truly the act of a true Rangers supporter. To be totally honest I do not know. I am clueless as to what action would be in the best interests of the Club and our traditions. There is a massive sense of betrayal.

So I have reached a decision. I will buy my season tickets, but only if Walter Smith is still on the board. Not because he is a "Rangers" Man, but because he is the only person in any position on the Board I can identify with. I hope very much to be at Ibrox next year, sitting with my son, as part of the greatest support in the world. I hope our current investors, and would be investors, wake up quickly and read the writing on the wall, for if action is not taken quickly they risk losing Rangers greatest asset- it's supporters... Without which Rangers the Club and Ibrox the stadium are merely empty shells.

good post

This is it.

I think that the vast majority of the support identify entirely with your sentiments, however I hope that you renew your season tickets even if Walter Smith leaves the board. If we do not renew en bloc then we don't starve the board members, we starve the Club. The way to deal with the board is at the EGM or AGM. I'm really disappointed in the guys who are supposed to represent the fans such as the Assembly, the Supporters Association, the RST, Union Bears, Vanguard Bears, Blue Order, etc. They should get together to inform the board in a united front that the public squabbling, backstabbing and general behaviour of the directors and former directors is simply unacceptable and by making it clear that this behaviour needs to end, now.

I actually see the positivev in both the investigation and the EGM as, no matter who wins, they will have a clear shareholder mandate to move forward based on whatever shit ( or no shit) uncovered by the investigation the EGM coul be the end of the beginning so to speak and we can move to the middle game ..

I agree with you, I do think there is good in this, like ,most I am totally fed up and frustrated with the whole boardroom shite. Maybe this will clear the air and allow questions to be asked and answered or maybe shown a plan for the future of Rangers

I agree with you, I do think there is good in this, like ,most I am totally fed up and frustrated with the whole boardroom shite. Maybe this will clear the air and allow questions to be asked and answered or maybe shown a plan for the future of Rangers

I think even the institutional investors will want all the shite sorted - its doing the shareprice no good and it has the potential to harm theor investment and they need us moving forward as a club to get a return - thats why I think it will signal the 'End of the beginning' - lets hope so anyway.