Mitchell at RB

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Competition for places is what was sadly lacking last year, this year if you want a jersey, then you'll have to fight to keep it, which is the best way to motivate players IMO

Agree too many players strolled about the park contributing less and less each week knowing they would still be picked. Will have to work harder this year or they will not get picked.

You're right no wonder sir Alex stepped down, rooney and jones in midfield, Valencia at right back what did he ever achieve oh wait...

Lol. Where do you start with that ? 1. Ally is not SAF. 2. Haven't seen Valencia start matches at RB. 3. Lets get this straight. You think playing players out of position is better than playing them in their favoured position ?

Lol. Where do you start with that ? 1. Ally is not SAF. 2. Haven't seen Valencia start matches at RB. 3. Lets get this straight. You think playing players out of position is better than playing them in their favoured position ?

Just on the third point, for the team it can be better in the correct circumstances. It also depends on how narrow a view you have on positions.

i'm sorry i can't speak to you anymore your an idiot

It was really only his man of the match performance that sticks out for me, his following appearances, he was average at best.

Has potential but he'll be a squad player and spend most of the season on the bench imo.

Just on the third point, for the team it can be better in the correct circumstances. It also depends on how narrow a view you have on positions.

I prefer to see players played in their preferred position. Thats why they have positions.

Players prefer to play in their preferred position. especially young inexperienced players who are learning their trade.

Sometimes due to injuries and suspensions a player may need to play in a position that is not his natural one, but to continually play players out of position is not best practice,

For example, Playing a striker at right midfield whilst you have 2 right midfielders on the bench and Mitchell in the stand does not make sense to me, unless you are trying to stop a part time left sided plumber who you think could cause you problems.

This also destroys the confidence of the RMs who are left out in favour of a striker.

Is it really to much to ask for left sided midfielders to play LM

or right sided midfielders to play RM

Fcuk it, lets go the full hog and play right sided defenders at RB and left sided defenders at left back.

It could catch on you know.

I prefer to see players played in their preferred position. Thats why they have positions.

Players prefer to play in their preferred position. especially young inexperienced players who are learning their trade.

Sometimes due to injuries and suspensions a player may need to play in a position that is not his natural one, but to continually play players out of position is not best practice,

For example, Playing a striker at right midfield whilst you have 2 right midfielders on the bench and Mitchell in the stand does not make sense to me, unless you are trying to stop a part time left sided plumber who you think could cause you problems.

This also destroys the confidence of the RMs who are left out in favour of a striker.

Is it really to much to ask for left sided midfielders to play LM

or right sided midfielders to play RM

Fcuk it, lets go the full hog and play right sided defenders at RB and left sided defenders at left back.

It could catch on you know.

And if your best RB plays right back, and your second best RB is the best player in your squad to play LB? You would play a lesser player there because it was his natural position.

You'd play Hegarty at CB ahead of McCulloch?

What exactly is your position on playing mithcell at right back you do know he's a midfielder right

I have no problem with Mitchell playing right back to fill in for injuries and suspensions, RMs are probably the best suited to that position as they are often involved in play on that side of the pitch and they can also switch with the RB as he overlaps.

I know he is a RM because I was in the Thornton Suite the day he won MOTM against Clyde, He was interviewed after the match by Andy Cameron and he stated "he was naturally a Right midfielder and he prefers to play further up the pitch"

I have heard that he plans to target the RB position as he sees that as the best way of making the 1st team, due to it being a problem position.

That might change with the signing of Foster

I have no problem with Mitchell playing right back to fill in for injuries and suspensions, RMs are probably the best suited to that position as they are often involved in play on that side of the pitch and they can also switch with the RB as he overlaps.

I know he is a RM because I was in the Thornton Suite the day he won MOTM against Clyde, He was interviewed after the match by Andy Cameron and he stated "he was naturally a Right midfielder and he prefers to play further up the pitch"

I have heard that he plans to target the RB position as he sees that as the best way of making the 1st team, due to it being a problem position.

That might change with the signing of Foster

So you are strongly against players playing out of position apart from when it's right midfielders playing at right back and when your in the suite when they receive their MOTM award (tu)

And if your best RB plays right back, and your second best RB is the best player in your squad to play LB? You would play a lesser player there because it was his natural position.

You'd play Hegarty at CB ahead of McCulloch?

Mitchell did well at RB, He struggled at LB because he had to shift onto his right side and was caught once or twice.

If you have ever played football at any level or coached or studied football you will know that right sided players generally don't pass the ball as well with their right foot,

They are not as strong in the tackle and their timing in the tackle can be off because they are using their weaker foot.

You will also know that your 11 best players do not always make your best team. Shape and balance are more important.

Heggarty is a bad example because personally I think he is out his depth at Rangers,

But I would always pick a decent recognised centre half ahead of McCulloch because he is not a natural centre half, His strengths are in the air and he has that important experience but,,,,,,,He has absolutely no recovery and if he played against a decent strike force he would be exposed and humilated.

So you are strongly against players playing out of position apart from when it's right midfielders playing at right back and when your in the suite when they receive their MOTM award (tu)

Mitchell played RB that day because Argyriou was injured, Heggarty had just had an operation and Faure was protecting the back 4 in a new system Ally was playing.

I think Mitchell may have been the only alternative.

I do struggle to understand why a manager would play a striker at RM when he has 2 RMs on the bench and more sitting in the stand.

What is it you struggle to understand about this ?

Since you mentioned SAF earlier.

Man Utd play the same system from under 14s - reserves- 1st team.

If a 1st team player is injured and there is no replacement in the 1st team squad, The reserve steps in and plays in the same system.

If the reserve is injured then the under 19 player steps in and plays the same system.

in an ideal world that is how things work.

Mitchell played RB that day because Argyriou was injured, Heggarty had just had an operation and Faure was protecting the back 4 in a new system Ally was playing.

I think Mitchell may have been the only alternative.

I do struggle to understand why a manager would play a striker at RM when he has 2 RMs on the bench and more sitting in the stand.

What is it you struggle to understand about this ?

Since you mentioned SAF earlier.

Man Utd play the same system from under 14s - reserves- 1st team.

If a 1st team player is injured and there is no replacement in the 1st team squad, The reserve steps in and plays in the same system.

If the reserve is injured then the under 19 player steps in and plays the same system.

in an ideal world that is how things work.

Then why on earth did Valencia play RB, Rooney LM, Jones and smalling in midfield, Carrick has played CB i could go on, What i don't understand is how you can keep contradicting yourself whilst backing it up with deluded self absorbed false statements but thats just me..

Then why on earth did Valencia play RB, Rooney LM, Jones and smalling in midfield, Carrick has played CB i could go on, What i don't understand is how you can keep contradicting yourself whilst backing it up with deluded self absorbed false statements but thats just me..

I haven't a clue what you are on about, and I don't really understand what your point is, Unlike yourself I will refrain from abuse as it I prefer to debate civily with fellow Rangers fans.

I do not watch or support Man Utd so I can't comment or debate if Valencia ever played RB or not, I assume there was a very good reason.

Wayne Rooney has played LM for Everton and also for England. He is not and never will be an out and out striker.

If Carrick played at Centre back then I can only assume that Ferdinand was injured and maybe the reserve was struggling with injury too. who knows ?

Try and grasp this,, My point is simple, Would Carrick have played CB if Ferdinand and Vidic were fit ?

Would Ferdinand and Vidic be on the bench whilst Carrick played CB ?

Where exactly do I "keep contradicting yourself whilst backing it up with deluded self absorbed false statements"

Pray tell

I haven't a clue what you are on about, and I don't really understand what your point is, Unlike yourself I will refrain from abuse as it I prefer to debate civily with fellow Rangers fans.

I do not watch or support Man Utd so I can't comment or debate if Valencia ever played RB or not, I assume there was a very good reason.

Wayne Rooney has played LM for Everton and also for England. He is not and never will be an out and out striker.

If Carrick played at Centre back then I can only assume that Ferdinand was injured and maybe the reserve was struggling with injury too. who knows ?

Try and grasp this,, My point is simple, Would Carrick have played CB if Ferdinand and Vidic were fit ?

Would Ferdinand and Vidic be on the bench whilst Carrick played CB ?

Where exactly do I "keep contradicting yourself whilst backing it up with deluded self absorbed false statements"

Pray tell

You've got some pretty soft skin if you think thats abuse, but read your own posts and tell me hand on heart that you don't sound like a "CUNT"

You've got some pretty soft skin if you think thats abuse, but read your own posts and tell me hand on heart that you don't sound like a "CUNT"

And you sound like a spotty little bet wetting Man Utd fan who is trolling through Rangers sites because he has pished his red devil jammies

And you sound like a spotty little bet wetting Man Utd fan who is trolling through Rangers sites because he has pished his red devil jammies

WRONG! I hate man utd with a passion i just used an example that suited my argument you should try it some time. What happened to your civiliased debate philoshopy or is this another example of you contradicting yourself.