Charles Green

minstral

Are you fishing, or is this serious?

Some don't feel right giving Charles all the credit for "saving" Rangers. He contributed along with numerous others and, most importantly, the Rangers fans. Without whom Charles would have accomplished fuck all!

Nor would our fans have accomplished anything without him.

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there were other bids for the club. The one from Zeus was a bit higher than the others, so it was successful. There was always going to be a winner in the bidding process.

Other bidders withdrew and others wouldn't even consider a new company route. Green's group were the only serious ones.

I don't think we can ignore the input by Green and his group. It is highly likely that another group would have eventually bought the Club from D & P but I very much doubt they would have stood up to the SPL/SFA, etc cabal. I could easily see the situation that any other bidder would have capitulated to the title-stripping demands and other punitive sanctions heaped upon us. Green may be a showman but he sensed the mood of the fans and fought our corner far better than most others have or would have done. There is a fair bit of me sorry to see Green go as overall I felt he did a pretty good job. I appreciate that Green should have been more open with the fans, he underestimated the support and our ability to accept the whole truth regarding his meetings with Whyte, etc. Craig Mather has been underwhelming to date. It may be early in his tenure but he should be trying to make a good impression on us. In that regard, he has failed due to the lack of comment on many issues.

I could easily see the situation that any other bidder would have capitulated to the title-stripping demands and other punitive sanctions heaped upon us.

McCoist wouldn't have allowed that, much like he didn't allow Charles to consider accepting title stripping.

And...

Charles accepted some of those punitive sanctions to get our license back. So why expect different from anyone else?

He didn't look very comfortable stating his 'opinion' in the STV interview.

A matter of opinion for us I mean.

I think he omitted some things such as their interaction with Whyte pre-takeover and got carried away with some issues and ideas. But I really don't feel there were any malicious lies with a real intent to decieve.

A matter of opinion for us I mean.

I think he omitted some things such as their interaction with Whyte pre-takeover and got carried away with some issues and ideas. But I really don't feel there were any malicious lies with a real intent to decieve.

Of course it is because you will always give him the benefit of the doubt and I won't.

I'm just not comfortable being lied to on a consistent basis by our then CEO. Would feel the same no matter who it was.

The myth that is yet to be proven?

Funny how everything that doesn't support the opinion Charles is infallible is myth.

Think you should go back and check CG video interviews around then. Clearly stated he didn't care about title stripping til Ally set him straight that it would not be acceptable at all.