Glasgow Boyne Celebrations and Central Scotland

Skelf

Well the Orange walk is a Loyalist celebration by a Protestant organisation. You can't really separate the two in this case.

Thing is, there are hundreds of different Protestant churches, so I think Protestant is far too broad a term to use in the case of the Orange Order. In fact many Protestant Churches are against the Orange Order.

Thing is, there are hundreds of different Protestant churches, so I think Protestant is far too broad a term to use in the case of the Orange Order. In fact many Protestant Churches are against the Orange Order.

Not all Protestants are in the Orange Order but all members of the Orange Order are Protestant.

Just got back from Coatbridge with the family, everyone had a brilliant day .

Thanks to dunny for the tip about Gartsherrie bridge, the place was bouncing.

My two year old is running around banging his drum he got from the walk.

Great day out.

I think the Free Church and the various Presbyterians churches (Free, Associated, Reformed, etc) have always been against it.

Again not in the 60s.............many teuchtars that lived in the Ibrox KP districts, and attended wee free church up town Glasgow, well a good number of their parents members.

The Church has lost touch as to it's history and the worshipers who filled the pews, hence the empty churches.

Again not in the 60s.............many teuchtars that lived in the Ibrox KP districts, and attended wee free church up town Glasgow, well a good number of their parents members.

The Church has lost touch as to it's history and the worshipers who filled the pews, hence the empty churches.

Pastor Jack Glass had the right idea ED (tu)

Couldn't resist it, stood outside the pub and started eating it..............you recall the scene with the cream cake in Once Upon A Time In America................in the queue now for another two.......so I don't eat yours (tu)

I'll just have another beer then!:D

Anyone else think there was very few bands at the Glasgow parade. Seemed to pass very quickly!

I thought that too. Seemed to pass quite quick. Hey ho..

"I"ve warned you's before, if you don't stop the bouncy, yer getting the jail" The famous Glasgow polis . .