Nervous Time for us Bears!

nvager

Given that CFC have been gazzumping us over various players and we cannot seem to get our act together - see Naismith debacle already - where will things end up?

We bid 3.4m pounds for S Brown paid 2m pounds for Thomson and now 600,000 pounds at best for Naismith? - Where's the logic?

Naismith is as good as either of these players IMO.

There seems no logic to what we do when it comes to releasing or buying players. It's mind-boggling.

With Hemdani in the side, would it not have made more sense to buy Naismith earlier and MacDonald and forget Thomson? We would have paid relatively little back a few months.

WE now have to get a team together fast for the CL and if we approach every prospect like Naismith - we are goners!

If there is a dumb way to do things we sure do it.

Let's hope I/we are all pessimistic and few rabbitts come out a few hats, but I for one am not waiting with baited breath.

WHO is responsible for the way we do things? Is it SDM, Bain, WS? Or is the combined brainpower of all three when it comes to cash just a muddled mess?

I COULD do better than this. I mean it. So could all of you.

Kinda sad - let's just hope the next few weeks are a nice surprise.

Given that CFC have been gazzumping us over various players and we cannot seem to get our act together - see Naismith debacle already - where will things end up?

We bid 3.4m pounds for S Brown paid 2m pounds for Thomson and now 600,000 pounds at best for Naismith? - Where's the logic?

Naismith is as good as either of these players IMO.

There seems no logic to what we do when it comes to releasing or buying players. It's mind-boggling.

With Hemdani in the side, would it not have made more sense to buy Naismith earlier and MacDonald and forget Thomson? We would have paid relatively little back a few months.

WE now have to get a team together fast for the CL and if we approach every prospect like Naismith - we are goners!

If there is a dumb way to do things we sure do it.

Let's hope I/we are all pessimistic and few rabbitts come out a few hats, but I for one am not waiting with baited breath.

WHO is responsible for the way we do things? Is it SDM, Bain, WS? Or is the combined brainpower of all three when it comes to cash just a muddled mess?

I COULD do better than this. I mean it. So could all of you.

Kinda sad - let's just hope the next few weeks are a nice surprise.

With all the penny pinching we have been doing, it doesnt reflect very well on the club and isnt a good selling point when trying to bring in new players.

Chick Young has just said on the radio that septic are now sniffing around Naismith. Thankfully it's only idiot features that's saying this, I think if it they actually got him Murray would need to invest in an armoured car :ninja:

Your intel sounds as if you read it in the newspapers which we all know is utter pish.

How do you know we only bid 600k?

Would you rather we bid 2 mill off the bat where we could start low then up it slightly and killie say ok 1 mill is cool?

The logic in some rangers so called fans astound me.

You are spoilt rotten by 9 in a row and you need a reality check.

Your intel sounds as if you read it in the newspapers which we all know is utter pish.

How do you know we only bid 600k?

Would you rather we bid 2 mill off the bat where we could start low then up it slightly and killie say ok 1 mill is cool?

The logic in some rangers so called fans astound me.

You are spoilt rotten by 9 in a row and you need a reality check.

my logic is murray has destroyed rangers

W & A will have been picking their team from day 1. think this could still sort itself out ( i hope ). Board must act now to give the team any chance of getting past the CL qaulifiers like you say.

C'MON SDM GET BUSY !!!!

W & A will have been picking their team from day 1. think this could still sort itself out ( i hope ). Board must act now to give the team any chance of getting past the CL qaulifiers like you say.

C'MON SDM GET BUSY !!!!

i hope so but very much doubt it bargain basement for us imo

I am hoping for the best, but am NERVOUS. This state will continue until we come up with a good buy - just one - to up the faith a little.

Having said that I will wait until another seven weeks before finalising my thoughts on SDM etc.

I am hoping for the best, but am NERVOUS. This state will continue until we come up with a good buy - just one - to up the faith a little.

Having said that I will wait until another seven weeks before finalising my thoughts on SDM etc.

Should be expect a long msg?>

I am actually quietly confident

Me too as SDM cant afford 3 barren years as he will get money money if we are successful when he sells, and he is a businessman so i think he will come good but not with massive amounts of money as i dont think thats the way to go either.

We must be shrewd but we must be sensible and realistic too.

Me too as SDM cant afford 3 barren years as he will get money money if we are successful when he sells, and he is a businessman so i think he will come good but not with massive amounts of money as i dont think thats the way to go either.

We must be shrewd but we must be sensible and realistic too.

i really can't believe some rangers fans have faith in murray

Evening times

RANGERS must decide whether to enter a bidding war in the race to sign Steven Naismith.

Manager Walter Smith is desperate to land the Scotland starlet and has already had a £600,000 bid turned down by Kilmarnock.

An increased offer was expected this week but, as we revealed in later editions yesterday, Killie claim to have knocked back a £1.4m offer for the 20-year-old - reported to be from Bristol City, although they denied that today.

Smith will not wish to enter a bidding war for Naismith after refusing to go head-to-head with Celtic in the race to sign Scott Brown.

advertisement

Smith has a limited budget and shelling out up to £2m on Naismith might reduce his options elsewhere.

The manager has once again insisted Rangers can't afford to spend heavily on individual players this summer.

He said: "People keep talking about the budget we've got, but I don't think anybody has a budget that is wide open.

"Everybody has to work within a certain criteria; the biggest problem with Rangers' budget this season is that we need quite a number of players to boost not only our first team as such, but our first-team squad."

On the Brown deal, Smith said: "Celtic offered more money and more wages, but they only need maybe one or two players to be added to their squad.

"We couldn't afford to put that money all into one player. I think this is something at Rangers now everybody has to realise; we have to be careful with what we spend and we're not the only club in the world to operate like that."

By bringing Alan Gow, Kirk Broadfoot and Jean-Claude Darcheville to Ibrox on frees, Rangers have strengthened but retained most of their spending kitty.

Signing-on fees will have consumed some of the budget, but Smith still has money to spend, although he is still determined not to pay over the odds.

Smith added: "It is obviously down to myself to get as good a level of player in as we possibly can."

Publication date 06/06/07

hes good but not wort £2M however £1M should be offered i reckon, with the possibility of bonuses or a sell on fee

Reportedly they have turned down 1.4m with add ons to 1.7m. REPORTEDLY.

Really not fussed either way bout Naismith. If we can get him for cheap then we might aswell but I don't think he's worth splashing lots of cash for. Let septic take him....coz they need more bench warmers :harhar:

Reportedly they have turned down 1.4m with add ons to 1.7m. REPORTEDLY.

kilmarnock chairman has said this, not just paper talk.

they obviously are looking at close to £2M for him