Follow We Will

gmcf

Just finished reading 'Follow We Will ' after only 3 days on holiday in sunny Spain and was wondering what anyone thought about it.

I thoroughly enjoyed it. I found it very informative but at the same time easy reading ( 3 days for me is proof of that ) . It wasn't bogged down with stat after stat , but instead we had facts and quotes entwined with the contributors' take on things which gave it a more 'personal' feel.

It covered pretty much every aspect of it including sanctions from sfa & spl , the online propaganda and the media coverage where it showed up , both the anti Rangers hacks ( who let down their profession ) and , for want of a better word, just plain bigots.

If I have one criticism, and I am being picky here , I thought it could have emphasised more that the majority of the directors went publicly against SDM selling to Whyte. To me this gives more legitimacy, if any was needed, that Rangers too were a victim in all this. We have to remember this was more of a private sale between our biggest shareholder to another individual very much against the wishes of the majority of directors. Anyway as I say I am being fussy given the amount of facts and quotes at the time. Some of which FWW has reminded me and to this day still hard to believe.

Mentioning FWW to a friend of mine, he said ' ah but it will be buyest ' . Well no, actually it's not - facts are facts and FWW does a good job in hitting you with them. It's certainly from a Rangers viewpoint, but after listening and reading the shite I have for the last year or so it's good that at last someone has put our side of things in the public domain.

I wanted to put this on RM to show my appreciation to the contributors and all involved with FWW. Their time and effort has given me, not only an enjoyable book, but also a reference point ( bad memory ) to defend our club against all detractors.

Anyone else's thoughts ?

Thanks for the kind comments mate and constructive criticism.

I think it's fair to say not every subject will have been covered to everyone's satisfaction but we tried our best to do so as much as possible. It's important to note that it's only the opinions of the contributors but we hope it does reflect the feelings of as many bears as possible.

It really is humbling how well the book has been supported by the fans (and the club actually) so I can only thank everyone for their support.

Volume two out next summer.... ;)

Thanks for the kind comments mate and constructive criticism.

I think it's fair to say not every subject will have been covered to everyone's satisfaction but we tried our best to do so as much as possible. It's important to note that it's only the opinions of the contributors but we hope it does reflect the feelings of as many bears as possible.

It really is humbling how well the book has been supported by the fans (and the club actually) so I can only thank everyone for their support.

Volume two out next summer.... ;)

Like I say Frankie I was being picky.

With what's happening to other teams and comparing their penalties to ours you'll have plenty of material.

Like I say Frankie I was being picky.

With what's happening to other teams and comparing their penalties to ours you'll have plenty of material.

Picky is good because we want our contribution to be a worthwhile one. :)

There's no doubt the story is ongoing so, if necessary, we can continue to document our 'rise' back if the material is there.

I also thoroughly enjoyed the book although the earlier chapters explaining how we were tried, convicted and hung without a thread of evidence against us by the so called ruling authorities and the media (bigotted) hacks made me so mad I couldn't sleep so I stayed up until I finished reading it in one go.

It also serves as an excellent reference at this very time as we compare what is happening (or not as the case may be) to other clubs who find themselves in administration and an assortment of financial difficulties.

Looking to the future I will be reading it again very soon but also look forward to, maybe one day, skimming through the pages once more from the elevated heights of being Scottish (and European) Champions again as I struggle to recall in my frail old mind just how bad the bad old days actually were.

If ever a book had such a profound effect on me as to want to fly my flag from the top of my house and stand up there beside it and shout......... "No Surrender, We Are The People" this was it.

I look forward to the next chapter, not only of this book, but in our history.

Picky is good because we want our contribution to be a worthwhile one. :)

There's no doubt the story is ongoing so, if necessary, we can continue to document our 'rise' back if the material is there.

Frankie I don't know your technology know how but is there a way to get this on the iPad? Having a quiet weekend and rather than wait on it being delivered Id rather just download it if that's possible so I can have a read over the weekend?

Frankie I don't know your technology know how but is there a way to get this on the iPad? Having a quiet weekend and rather than wait on it being delivered Id rather just download it if that's possible so I can have a read over the weekend?

You can d/load the Kindle app and buy the book via Amazon that way.

I think our publishers are having a few issues with iBooks for the moment but it will be available there in due course also.

Ok coke mate thanks

You can d/load the Kindle app and buy the book via Amazon that way.

I think our publishers are having a few issues with iBooks for the moment but it will be available there in due course also.

Ok doke mate thanks

I also thoroughly enjoyed the book although the earlier chapters explaining how we were tried, convicted and hung without a thread of evidence against us by the so called ruling authorities and the media (bigotted) hacks made me so mad I couldn't sleep so I stayed up until I finished reading it in one go.

It also serves as an excellent reference at this very time as we compare what is happening (or not as the case may be) to other clubs who find themselves in administration and an assortment of financial difficulties.

Looking to the future I will be reading it again very soon but also look forward to, maybe one day, skimming through the pages once more from the elevated heights of being Scottish (and European) Champions again as I struggle to recall in my frail old mind just how bad the bad old days actually were.

If ever a book had such a profound effect on me as to want to fly my flag from the top of my house and stand up there beside it and shout......... "No Surrender, We Are The People" this was it.

Thanks for the kind words mate.

The early chapters are difficult reading as they revisit the last two years and document events from our point of view. But you're right that the last two chapters especially help ease the stress and show we could help avoid similar issues in the future by working better together.

You're right about reference as regards the other clubs.

In that respect the timing couldn't have been better !

So far great read , well done to all who contributed to it .

Thanks mate - really pleased that so many bears seem to be enjoying it.

A few daft reviews on Amazon from obsessed folk but other than that feedback seems to be positive.

I bought the book on kindle when it came out and went through it in an afternoon, I don't know if enjoy is the right word cos the subject matter is grim, but it was interesting and the coverage of the happenings was helpful due to the sheer amount of clusterfuckery and will allow us as fans to actually remember what happened and when, as the souness arrival, stadium revamp and murray's arrival all sort of get blended together in the wrong order and we don't want the same kind of revisionism happening now(like MSM are doing). The only thing I felt it could have done with was a massive GIRFUY in straightforward language to everybody else and maybe a cast list of who done what to us at the end to keep us on our toes. All in all a great if painful book and look forward to FWW 2; Revenge of the Rangers!

think he book will be best appreciated in the years to come as a very good factual account with use as a very informative reference book. well done to all those involved. My only wish now is someone comes out with a warts and all naming and shaming the links between harper mccloed the sfa and celtic and how they went about attacking us in as much detail as follow we will covered our fall and rise, also would like it to investigate the btc bloggers and their link with the mainstream media in detail with names and comparisons with stories published in the tabloid papers, showing they went hand in hand. More a timeline of abuse and how it was passed from one to the other until it was thought of as fact. Would love someone to investigate what was said at the meetings with harper mcloed and find what was really said by rod McKenzie with background bio on each participant.

think he book will be best appreciated in the years to come as a very good factual account with use as a very informative reference book. well done to all those involved. My only wish now is someone comes out with a warts and all naming and shaming the links between harper mccloed the sfa and celtic and how they went about attacking us in as much detail as follow we will covered our fall and rise, also would like it to investigate the btc bloggers and their link with the mainstream media in detail with names and comparisons with stories published in the tabloid papers, showing they went hand in hand. More a timeline of abuse and how it was passed from one to the other until it was thought of as fact. Would love someone to investigate what was said at the meetings with harper mcloed and find what was really said by rod McKenzie with background bio on each participant.

That's a good shout but it would be hard to prove in a book. Hopefully it will all come out and FWW2 will follow.

I remember when the tims kept on about Jorge Caddette's registration and ended up getting a result. I would like to think well have the same perseverance on this aspect and demand the same answers. This is when you realise ' dignified silence ' makes us a laughing stock.