Buffel threat: Play me or I quit

The_Lion_Roars

THOMAS BUFFEL looks set to quit Rangers this summer if he fails to win a regular place in Paul Le Guen's starting line-up.

SportTimes understands the Belgian is becoming increasingly frustrated at his lack of first-team opportunities under the Frenchman.

Buffel - signed from Feyenoord two years ago for ?2.2million - has started just 14 games this season.

He was absent from the line-up in Wednesday night's shock 2-1 defeat at Inverness Caley Thistle after taking ill the day before the game. Filip Sebo came in to replace the injured Dado Prso in the Highlands and was again very poor.

continued...Several clubs are keeping tabs on Buffel's situation and could even make contact with Rangers when the transfer window opens in two days.

But it is believed the Belgian will give it until the end of the season before he decides on his future - and that will almost certainly be a summer exit if there is no improvement in his situation.

Rangers rejected a bid from Galatasaray last season for Buffel. The Turks are bossed by Eric Gerets, and he remains interested in his countryman along with two teams in Germany. Buffel's agent insists his client's immediate aim is to stay and fight for a place at Ibrox. But that situation is likely to change in the coming months.

"There has been no direct contact from clubs recently about Thomas," said his representative Paul Courant.

"But before he signed for Rangers there were a few good clubs in Europe interested in him and they still keep an eye on his situation.

"And, if he doesn't regain a starting place in the long-term, I would expect clubs to phone.

"Thomas understands there is a lot of competition at Rangers. But of course he wants to play."

It is believed Le Guen has rejected approaches from several clubs about the prospect of taking Ian Murray on loan.

The former Hibs skipper is now back to full fitness after suffering from reactive arthritis, but the postponement of several reserve games has prevented him from getting match sharpness.

There have been enquiries concerning Murray, who was on the bench at Inverness, but Le Guen views him as an important member of the squad.

Meanwhile, Rangers have again been linked with a move for Wigan defender Andy Webster, despite chairman David Murray saying earlier this month they were not chasing the former Hearts man.

It is believed Webster has been told by Wigan boss Paul Jewell he can leave, but any sale would be complex.

Fifa will not rule on how much Wigan have to pay Hearts for Webster until February, meaning the Premiership side may find it hard to put a price on the Scotland man.

It could be that a loan move with a view to a permanent deal would be a possible option.

lRangers have confirmed that Phil Bardsley has now left the club and gone back to Man United after a disastrous loan deal

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/displa...1095767.0.0.php

Buffel is a frustrating player. He shows glimpses of his undoubted ability in one match and then in the next he will be anonymous. I had hoped PLG would bring the best out of him.

I'll drive him to the airport.......

I will also drive Gavin Rae to Aberdeen

If the likes of Buffel etc were good enough for Rangers we would be in the 1st team and making a bigger contribuion. When in the team they dont make us any better, its time for a change. Carrying to many players, they continue to under achieve and fans dont want to get rid of them. Incase you havent noticed we finished 3rd last season with Buffel in the team and he has failed t odeliver this season yet again. Forget about whether you like the player or not as a person, we need players who can change games and make a difference.

Will not be missed in my opinion.

Guest Euronymous
Buffel is a frustrating player. He shows glimpses of his undoubted ability in one match and then in the next he will be anonymous. I had hoped PLG would bring the best out of him.

You could label that statement at the whole team mate.

Almost.

Only decent consistant player happens to be the damned keeper! -_-

Bit of skill, shown once every 5 games. Lacks heart, no courage in a 50 50. No great loss. Hope he leaves actually, hope we get some cash for the wee shite too.

I am not Buffell's biggest fan but I have never seen him lack drive or courage. The only reason that he appears to lack those qualities is because he is not physically imposing. With Sebo not performing, Boyd lacking Fitness and Prso being injured we should give Buffell the free role. He excelled about this time last year and hopefully he could again. His movement is brillant and he could drag defenders out leaving space for Sionko, Ferguson and Adam to exploit!

As far as wee casper is concerned. He can f*** off imo. When i read articles like this in the press, i immediately think of the amount of times he's crapped himself in a Rangers jersey, pulliing out of challenges for 50/50 balls etc. These moments easily overshadow the glimpses of talent he produces on occasion. Bad timing if the article is accurate also. :angry:

I am not Buffell's biggest fan but I have never seen him lack drive or courage. The only reason that he appears to lack those qualities is because he is not physically imposing. With Sebo not performing,

No offense matey but are you aff yer heed? I've never seen the wee man stick his foot in for a 50 50 since he pulled on the shirt. He's a complete and utter shite bag, worse than Lovenkrands in that regard.

Wee Nacho isn't physically imposing either and although I don't particularly rate him either he sticks his foot in where it hurts.

Nacho: Courage, desire hunger nae ability or quality

Buffel: Nae courage, desire or hunger but loads of ability and quality.

Can't believe what I'm reading. doh

I will also drive Gavin Rae to Aberdeen

If the likes of Buffel etc were good enough for Rangers we would be in the 1st team and making a bigger contribuion. When in the team they dont make us any better, its time for a change. Carrying to many players, they continue to under achieve and fans dont want to get rid of them. Incase you havent noticed we finished 3rd last season with Buffel in the team and he has failed t odeliver this season yet again. Forget about whether you like the player or not as a person, we need players who can change games and make a difference.

Will not be missed in my opinion.

RFC is spot on here

well said mate

If the likes of Buffel etc were good enough for Rangers we would be in the 1st team and making a bigger contribuion.

Its unfortunate. Buffel is a good Rangers player in the right formation. Im asking you to think about the rest of the talent in the SPL. He's being played out of position in a formation that doesn't suit him, this is PLG's choice. Are you the kind of fan who gets behind the manager no matter what (Im thinking of a French goalie here) I still dont believe that PLG is behind a 442, its obvious he isin't because he didn't play like that from the start. I for one would like to see BUffel stay at Rangers for longer than the next six months, it wont happen though as I think PLG has already made up his mind not to play him.

Why players like Sebo are given a chance and class like Buffel (although inconsistant, but been better the last 5 appearances)aren't really amazes me???

you get effort and heart from sebo although nothing else yet buffel in a lot of games does not even give you that

Why players like Sebo are given a chance and class like Buffel (although inconsistant, but been better the last 5 appearances)aren't really amazes me???

you get effort and heart from sebo although nothing else yet buffel in a lot of games does not even give you that

Which would you rather have? I can have at least 1,000 guys at Ibrox tomorrow who will give you the effort that Sebo gives. Players with Buffel's skill are rather more difficult to find.

Which would you rather have? I can have at least 1,000 guys at Ibrox tomorrow who will give you the effort that Sebo gives. Players with Buffel's skill are rather more difficult to find.

being honest i would rather not have the 2of them

I am not Buffell's biggest fan but I have never seen him lack drive or courage. The only reason that he appears to lack those qualities is because he is not physically imposing. With Sebo not performing,

No offense matey but are you aff yer heed? I've never seen the wee man stick his foot in for a 50 50 since he pulled on the shirt. He's a complete and utter shite bag, worse than Lovenkrands in that regard.

Wee Nacho isn't physically imposing either and although I don't particularly rate him either he sticks his foot in where it hurts.

What? Novo? Stick his foot into a 50/50 tackle? Biggest Shitebag at Ibrox, the only time he has ever stuck his foot in is when the opposition player has his back to him. Must agree though, outwith tackles, the wee man always gives 100%.

What? Novo? Stick his foot into a 50/50 tackle? Biggest Shitebag at Ibrox, the only time he has ever stuck his foot in is when the opposition player has his back to him. Must agree though, outwith tackles, the wee man always gives 100%.

wish all the gers players had nono's heart.attitude.commitment and love of playing for the teddy bears

I would keep Buffel as a SUB only, otherwise SELL him and get some MONEY.

If he cannot win his starting place in THIS eleven he is NOT good enough.

-_-

So now you trust that PLG is picking the best players? I could have sworn he's dropped Boyd many times.

And chucked Bardsley back to Man Utd and is choosing Hutton.

(td)