We Do Not Need McColl,King,Blin

Edmiston Drive

One got lucky re a bid at the right time the other is an employee used to employ accountant from a bigger firm that his as is shown by the Clubs Accountants.

Funny thing is guys in Blins line of business will tell you it a great job as it lets you see what the good businesses are and gives you ideas, but very very very few of them have the guts to leave the cosy world they live in.

Really? One got lucky and the other had a cushy number? So cushy that he worked his way to the very top of his profession?

What a pile of pish that is. Purely in my opinion of course.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? One got lucky and the other had a cushy number? So cushy that he worked his way to the very top of his profession?

What a pile of pish that is. Purely in my opinion of course.

I accept your opinion being pish bud , and acknowledge your right to this..........re his profession well politics play a huge aprt in getting to the top and it's known by certain people that the bid mcoll took came at a very good time for him.

I accept your opinion being pish bud , and acknowledge your right to this..........re his profession well politics play a huge aprt in getting to the top and it's known by certain people that the bid mcoll took came at a very good time for him.

Getting lucky is a lottery winner who spends it all and ends up skint again. Mr McColl seems to have maintained his fortune and continued to do well for himself. Despite whatever petty nonsensical arguments you might put across.

Getting lucky is a lottery winner who spends it all and ends up skint again. Mr McColl seems to have maintained his fortune and continued to do well for himself. Despite whatever petty nonsensical arguments you might put across.

He's not realy involved in a business now , or is he?

Of course you did not change your question <cr>

As its the omly point at which he used his own money its one and the same question. Of course you know the answer.

Trying to compare Craig Mather with Craig Whyte is about as desparate as it gets. To then bring CG and IA into the picture to obfuscate from the point just shows that you have an agenda.

Craig Mather is the one person who has received backing from both camps but you cant let facts get in the way of your tirade can you?

You know the 137500 wasn't Whytes own money dont you?

So how much did CW 'invest' in Rangers - The answer is a million times less than Craig Mather.

The Ltd Co and the football side of things do not need the above mentioned people...........the people who stood up when needed, bought the assets out of administration, they took the step when that ridiculous tax assumption has levied against the club without foundation, other than HMRC trying to be the bully boys towards the Billy Boys.

Now we have rebels such as those who run ff and certain elements within the trust who have offered nothing whatsoever apart from trouble to anyone they think will stop their idea of what they want or more precisely told what they want.

The people (the rebels) have no thoughts of their own and merely acting as puppets for something that will never happen whether their group that the Ltd Co or the Football side of things need, yes we needed them 18 months ago , but where were they..........................................................?

The trust as an eg, have failed from day one in that they have not built any sort of base to move forward......why have they failed............if you give an opinion as to why this forum is swamped with them , then they disappear.

Judgement calls they have been wanting in this respect....loyalty another they have been found wanting on.........for eg ...hey we have made CG(NO NOT THAT ONE) an honourary member.........weeks later calling him all the names under the sun. Make the Trust part of their name strangely apt (joke in there)

Why do these groups/individuals want these johnny come lately to form a board...................do they know the plans for the future NO THEY DON'T yet why push for them, surely it can't be for the benefit of the Ltd Co. or the Football side of things as they have no clue as to their intentions.

They put out old news as and when they think it will create uproar against the Ltd Co , do they think the vast majority of people on sites are stupid not to realise this.

So what do we have a board that has been torn to shreds by people stirring it up, yet we are standing tall today, why? Yes because of the people who stepped up to pay.

I have no proof but going by the people involved I would imagine that some creative changes have been made to emails and I hope no one gets into bother for publishing private and confidential emails that these most certainly will have a disclaimer of use that is noticeable by it's omission by the people who use them.

So they produce email that has no relation to the here and now and ignore the fact that accounts will be out this month..........what will they turn, their accusations against the auditors of the Ltd Co accounts if they do not show the figures that the rebels have been telling us all as fact.

Where will this leave the rebels?

Nice piece, But the Johnny come lately as you call them, Have put up money.! These people are shareholders, they maybe didn't invest millions individually, but collectively they have a more than substantial interest. The whole crux of the matter is, do they have more shares than the present board,? If they do, then they are quite within their rites to decide who remains on the board, and who does not. They will also be able to set the agenda's for the club as a whole to work too. As I said it will all come down to who has the majority of the shares. The Easdales are buying shares, but Charles Greens, shares were already aligned to that side of the boardroom anyway, so nothing has changed there. ! We will just have to wait until the AGM. then the shareholders, "all of them", will decide who, and who isn't on the board. I just hope for the good of Rangers, that we get the correct people running the club, if that is the present board, then we must back them, if it's to be a new board, then likewise, we must back them, and hopefully in doing that, it will allow our club to be less divisive, and make us stronger, because we are the people, and if we stand together, our many enemies can never harm us.

Nice piece, But the Johnny come lately as you call them, Have put up money.! These people are shareholders, they maybe didn't invest millions individually, but collectively they have a more than substantial interest. The whole crux of the matter is, do they have more shares than the present board,? If they do, then they are quite within their rites to decide who remains on the board, and who does not. They will also be able to set the agenda's for the club as a whole to work too. As I said it will all come down to who has the majority of the shares. The Easdales are buying shares, but Charles Greens, shares were already aligned to that side of the boardroom anyway, so nothing has changed there. ! We will just have to wait until the AGM. then the shareholders, "all of them", will decide who, and who isn't on the board. I just hope for the good of Rangers, that we get the correct people running the club, if that is the present board, then we must back them, if it's to be a new board, then likewise, we must back them, and hopefully in doing that, it will allow our club to be less divisive, and make us stronger, because we are the people, and if we stand together, our many enemies can never harm us.

Johnny come lately is in relation into them not buying the Club or at least putting in a detailed legal offer.

I'm still opened minded about all of the principal characters.

There are lots of things to be positive about.

-Own our stadium

-Auchenowie

-The Albion Car park

-Edmiston house

-36k season ticket holders

-10m in the bank

-Reasonable squad

-Costs being given trimmed

Nice one Will, its nice to read some positive comments from time to time, in amongst all the back biting and negativity. I try my best not to disrespect a fellow fan, sometimes that's hard but if we were all a bit more positive and wait for the AGM then things might start to turn round, board wise.

Sorry, I'm a bit late to the party but not sure I fully understand the OP's negativity towards Blin & King being involved at Rangers.

Blin is clearly more than qualified enough for a place on the board & I fail to see how his involvement can be viewed as anything other than positive.

As for King, well he is someone looking to invest money directly into Rangers at a time we need additional funding. Again, surely that is something we should welcome?

For an interesting viewpoint that suggests why Blin etc might be needed have a look at the Active Corporate thread.

(tu)

Quite a few things have came out about Mather and Stockbridge in the last few weeks. People will say it's scaremongering but i would rather not see it that way.

As this is what certain posters said about alot of stories on Craig Whyte.

(tu)

Quite a few things have came out about Mather and Stockbridge in the last few weeks. People will say it's scaremongering but i would rather not see it that way.

As this is what certain posters said about alot of stories on Craig Whyte.

Clouded viewpoint bud.........

Doing away with all the RST & FF guff in the OP.

Can anyone who has our Clubs best interests at heart seriously say that they don`t see any benefit of having men such as McColl & Blin involved with the running of the business?

Craig Mather who I`d grown to quite like over the last few months, has sadly lost his way. His reappointing of Green as a consultant was so out of touch with what was needed or wanted by the vast majority it surely shows a lack of decision making skills required for his position, the others don`t fare any better:

Stockbridge - amateur video hobbyist, corporate backstabber and the equivalent of standard grade student trying to teach Math at Cambridge University & fancies himself as a bit of a Harry Styles(probably due to being grossly over-remunerated like Harry).

Should be first to go.

Bryan Smart - another target for the McColl/Blin led investor group is thought of as nothing more than Charles Greens voice on the board

Should of gone when Green left his consultancy role.

Ian Harte - a man with a history of investment in Rangers youth. Seems to be a decent enough bloke, though conspicuous only by his absence,has the cat got this `fan on the Boards` tongue?

Go or stay, would anyone really notice?

James Easdale - Would like to see Rangers run like his bus company, so can only conclude that we won`t see any of him for ages then he`ll make 3 rapid appearances within a few minutes!

Part of a family that owns enough shares to warrant his place imo.

Craig Mather said recently

"In particular it will be necessary to connect strongly with corporate Britain if the board's ambitions for Rangers are to be fulfilled.

Well I`d suggest that the unusually early change of Broker will not help the confidence of investors, nor will withholding audited accounts until the very last opportunity.

Walter seems to like Craig Mather as a person, lets just hope that he is as good a judge of character as he was a Manager.

Can anyone who has our Clubs best interests at heart seriously say that they don`t see any benefit of having men such as McColl & Blin involved with the running of the business?

Craig Mather who I`d grown to quite like over the last few months, has sadly lost his way. His reappointing of Green as a consultant was so out of touch with what was needed or wanted by the vast majority it surely shows a lack of decision making skills required for his position, the others don`t fare any better:

Stockbridge - amateur video hobbyist, corporate backstabber and the equivalent of standard grade student trying to teach Math at Cambridge University & fancies himself as a bit of a Harry Styles(probably due to being grossly over-remunerated like Harry).

Should be first to go.

Bryan Smart - another target for the McColl/Blin led investor group is thought of as nothing more than Charles Greens voice on the board

Ian Harte - a man with a history of investment in Rangers youth. Seems to be a decent enough bloke, though conspicuous only by his absence,has the cat got this `fan on the Boards` tongue?

James Easdale - Would like to see Rangers run like his bus company, so can only conclude that we won`t see any of him for ages then he`ll make 3 rapid appearances within a few minutes!

Well I`d suggest that the unusually early change of Broker will not help the confidence of investors, nor will withholding audited accounts until the very last opportunity.

Walter seems to like Craig Mather as a person, lets just hope that he is as good a judge of character as he was a Manager.

What a guff post. :matron:

As its the omly point at which he used his own money its one and the same question. Of course you know the answer.

Trying to compare Craig Mather with Craig Whyte is about as desparate as it gets. To then bring CG and IA into the picture to obfuscate from the point just shows that you have an agenda.

Craig Mather is the one person who has received backing from both camps but you cant let facts get in the way of your tirade can you?

You know the 137500 wasn't Whytes own money dont you?

So how much did CW 'invest' in Rangers - The answer is a million times less than Craig Mather.

Ask clear questions, get clear answers.

No agenda here, I want a worry free future for Rangers and I just don't that happening as yet.

Should be first to go.

Lol, so we do away with the FF/RST guff to read your FF/RST guff? Nice one Dave

The Ltd Co and the football side of things do not need the above mentioned people...........the people who stood up when needed, bought the assets out of administration, they took the step when that ridiculous tax assumption has levied against the club without foundation, other than HMRC trying to be the bully boys towards the Billy Boys.

Now we have rebels such as those who run ff and certain elements within the trust who have offered nothing whatsoever apart from trouble to anyone they think will stop their idea of what they want or more precisely told what they want.

The people (the rebels) have no thoughts of their own and merely acting as puppets for something that will never happen whether their group that the Ltd Co or the Football side of things need, yes we needed them 18 months ago , but where were they..........................................................?

The trust as an eg, have failed from day one in that they have not built any sort of base to move forward......why have they failed............if you give an opinion as to why this forum is swamped with them , then they disappear.

Judgement calls they have been wanting in this respect....loyalty another they have been found wanting on.........for eg ...hey we have made CG(NO NOT THAT ONE) an honourary member.........weeks later calling him all the names under the sun. Make the Trust part of their name strangely apt (joke in there)

Why do these groups/individuals want these johnny come lately to form a board...................do they know the plans for the future NO THEY DON'T yet why push for them, surely it can't be for the benefit of the Ltd Co. or the Football side of things as they have no clue as to their intentions.

They put out old news as and when they think it will create uproar against the Ltd Co , do they think the vast majority of people on sites are stupid not to realise this.

So what do we have a board that has been torn to shreds by people stirring it up, yet we are standing tall today, why? Yes because of the people who stepped up to pay.

I have no proof but going by the people involved I would imagine that some creative changes have been made to emails and I hope no one gets into bother for publishing private and confidential emails that these most certainly will have a disclaimer of use that is noticeable by it's omission by the people who use them.

So they produce email that has no relation to the here and now and ignore the fact that accounts will be out this month..........what will they turn, their accusations against the auditors of the Ltd Co accounts if they do not show the figures that the rebels have been telling us all as fact.

Where will this leave the rebels?

A board that appointed Jack Irvine? An FD that can't recall the split between ST money and IPO money? A Board that have blown around £40M inside of 15 months? A Board that brought back an ex CEO in a disastrous "consultancy" role? A Board that still

cant get a modern day setup in the football operation of the club? A Board that was put in place by an ex Commercial Director who threatened to sue the Club?

What's not to love?

A board that appointed Jack Irvine? An FD that can't recall the split between ST money and IPO money? A Board that have blown around £40M inside of 15 months? A Board that brought back an ex CEO in a disastrous "consultancy" role? A Board that still

cant get a modern day setup in the football operation of the club? A Board that was put in place by an ex Commercial Director who threatened to sue the Club?

What's not to love?

I agree that using Media House is a mistake.

The FD said that all monies went into one account. What does it matter how the "split" went as long as the money was fully accounted? Amateur accountants clearly don't understand the cost of running a club the size of Rangers. Please explain your claim that £40 m was "blown". I think you will find that it is a relatively simple task to account for the expenditure. The trouble with this and many similar posts is that nobody actually bothers to look into our costs. A bit of time spent on the internet researching our historic accounts and where we have had expenditure this year would greatly assist in explaining where money has gone.

As for Green's consultancy, I fail to see the need for the hysteria which followed. It suited certain other people's agenda to put negative spin on that episode.

I'm sure that the board members were unaware that Ahmad was likely to threaten to sue the club after they were appointed.

I agree that using Media House is a mistake.

The FD said that all monies went into one account. What does it matter how the "split" went as long as the money was fully accounted? Amateur accountants clearly don't understand the cost of running a club the size of Rangers. Please explain your claim that £40 m was "blown". I think you will find that it is a relatively simple task to account for the expenditure. The trouble with this and many similar posts is that nobody actually bothers to look into our costs. A bit of time spent on the internet researching our historic accounts and where we have had expenditure this year would greatly assist in explaining where money has gone.

As for Green's consultancy, I fail to see the need for the hysteria which followed. It suited certain other people's agenda to put negative spin on that episode.

I'm sure that the board members were unaware that Ahmad was likely to threaten to sue the club after they were appointed.

You don't think the FD should be able to recount a simple question such as the one asked?

Disagree on Green. My opinion. Agree to disagree.

I have looked at our costs. Both historic and in the leaked Managerial Accounts.

Basis for my assumption is that we took in £22M in IPO money (gone as per FD). We also took in circa £11.5M in ticket revenue. Imran Ahmed also claimed to Bill McMurdo that we required £12.5M in pre IPO funding. Although I believe this was actually noted as just less than £10M between prospectus cash position (£4M) and £5.7M consideration noted in leaked accounts.

In 2010 our Operating Expense was £43M. That was at a point where our total salary expenditure was £28M. Our current layout on salaries is £15M. Why is our Operating Expense still sitting as high as it was when we have a wage bill that is £15M less? One off costs don't cover it according to the accounts that were leaked.

Questions...

Why did our Commercial Director forecast a £9/10M return from the Commercial Operation in H2 of FY 12/13? £8M of which was going to come from Rangers Retail?

£4.5M on football management? For a club that doesn't have a recognized Scouting Department?

Non football Executives taking extraordinary bonuses for football performance? Bonuses being given out for winning D3?

£250K in what looks to be agents fees for Faure, Cribari and Argyriou? (Not signing on fees, they were described as £310K total on P32 of the document.)

£300K in professional fees, £300 in legal fees, bank charges of £516K (when we don't even have a credit facility) and £1.8M in IPO and fundraising costs? They all need further explanation.

Our total costs were forecasted at around £25M. Our forecasted revenue (minus the ludicrous number from Rangers Retail) was £33/4M (if memory serves - leaked accounts now gone). Lets ignore the assertion by Ahmed that he raised £12.5M in pre IPO money or the £10M i mentioned above. That gives us an £8/9M gap that needs to be explained.

Regardless of your opinion on whether or not McColl et al are the answer, we are are not being managed with the expertize required for the journey back to the top.

What's not to love?

It's amazing to think that merely having money to invest in a sure fire money making venture seems to make a person capable of running a football club like Rangers. Nobody seems to have questioned where this money had come from either.

What's not to love?

Ok at least you have added something to the usual drivel...............you have 15 months (a first) you have 40m (another first)

Brought back an ex CEO in a consultancy role...that was a disaster.......was it a disaster, you plas didn't quite get why he was invited back..........you need to ask them to confirm why they gave you that line.....The saviour that is CG(NO NOT THAT THING) came and achieved what he was asked back to do..............not making it easy for you by answering that one. Go ask your script writers what I mean.

They did not appoint him, merely extended a renewal option..........and the guy(JI) is certainly earning his money.

Modern Day set up in the football operation in the club.............is the club functioning during the week, is the Club functioning on match days.........again this yet another new phrase that the guys behind the scenes have given the carriers of disruption to put out there.

If you had a contract in whatever line of employment you are in and your employer (in your opinion) had not kept to that contract......what would you do?

Think you have drowned in that whisky juice by that claptrap you come away with.