Steven Naismith

if, and its a big if, Celtic get Naismith, aswell as already getting Brown, I truely think we are fecked for the near future.

Players like them are the type our midfield have been crying out for for a few years now, energy, flair, able to change a game, bring a spark. None of our midfielders can do that, no play in our whole team can.

if, and its a big if, Celtic get Naismith, aswell as already getting Brown, I truely think we are fecked for the near future.

Players like them are the type our midfield have been crying out for for a few years now, energy, flair, able to change a game, bring a spark. None of our midfielders can do that, no play in our whole team can.

god here we go

True, just guess all this transfer talk, i.e. Celtic side does make me a bit of a synic, but walter/Murray would need to pull a few great signings out the bag if the tims were to get Naismith and all.

I'm happy for Walter to go with more scots, just a shame Celtic seem to be snapping up the good ones and we are left with "second rates"

Loooong time to go yet though....

I want Naismith but not for £2-2.2million.

Celtic once again show their ambition. It's really starting to piss me off that they are coming in for everyone of our targets. 9 strikers, on you go strachan. You'll never keep everyone happy!!

Tho this could be the final straw for a lot of the supporters. David Murray once and for all has to either put up or leave. We are a laughing stock in our own back yard.

FAR too early for the doom and gloom mate

JR it aint early it is 6 years we have had of this. Now the wee tinny bit of money Smith has cant even attract the low level targets we have and now Strachan rather cleverly is picking players our manager wanted.

I think the psychological impact this will have is more greater than Celtic getting a decent player if he signs. Knowing they've beaten us again to sign someone we've been very interested will further anger our support and add to the disillusionment a lot of us are have regarding our transfer policy of late.

But again I question why would any striker sign for Celtic at the moment knowing they've just signed two strikers alongside the four they already have. If Naismith is a smart man he won't jump straight in with the first offer he receives and look beyond Celtic's £££.

Celtic show interest in Naismith

Naismith has won the Young Player of the Year award for the last two seasons

Naismith has won the Young Player of the Year award for the last two seasons

Celtic have informed Kilmarnock about their interest in striker Steven Naismith, BBC Scotland understands.

As yet no firm offer has been made by the Scottish champions but an approach was made to Kilmarnock on Friday about a possible deal for the 20-year-old.

The Ayrshire club recently rejected a bid of £400,000 from Rangers for the Scotland international.

Kilmarnock claim they also knocked back an offer for Naismith from an unnamed English club.

Naismith, named SPL young player of the year, scored 18 goals for Kilmarnock last season and won his first Scotland cap in the Euro 2008 qualifier victory over the Faroe Islands.

Just of the bbc website

Bah, who cares. Naismith isn't the only striker in the world..

I think he's good but I don't think he's *that* good. I think we could do better tbh.

If Celtic want to waste £2m on him, let them.

For gawd sake, bite the bullet and sign the guy. Assuming we want him, and it looks like we do, the guy is rated at approx 1.5 mill - bid the 2 million and get him. Eat the 500k.

Because right now this is about way more than a player - it is about a crisis of confidence between the fans and the people that run the club. If we miss out on this guy, who I believe will be an excellent player for a long time to come, because we penny pinch over 500k, then that will be the final straw for a lot of Gers fans out there.

Especially if we end up with the likes of mcCulloch and Quashie

I think the psychological impact this will have is more greater than Celtic getting a decent player if he signs. Knowing they've beaten us again to sign someone we've been very interested will further anger our support and add to the disillusionment a lot of us are have regarding our transfer policy of late.

But again I question why would any striker sign for Celtic at the moment knowing they've just signed two strikers alongside the four they already have. If Naismith is a smart man he won't jump straight in with the first offer he receives and look beyond Celtic's £££.

Have to agree with the first paragraph here.....its certainly a good psychological ploy by the mhanks.....and while we all probably agree that this player, and a few others, are over priced, I suppose your worth what the highest bidders prepared to pay for you......and that is a worry.

What utter nonsense. If Naismith is happy to go to Celtic and sit in the reserves for a season then I wouldn't want him. It doesn't exactly show ambition. I still can't see where Brown is going to play, never mind Naismith. Unless of course Celtic are about to sell Nakamura or switch to playing 6 up front.

To put a slightly different spin on things we have heard all summer about how Celtic are planning to step up a level and sign "top" European players.

So far they have signed: McDonald, Killen, Brown and are now rumoured to be after Naismith.

So where are all these top players then? :rolleyes: Young Scottish potential will only get you so far and even if they get Naimsith it is still not making me worry about them!

Guest therabbitt

cant express how raging i'd be if he went to them

we offer fucking peanuts for the two time young player of the year, grrrrrr, then they decide they want him

get the finger out Murray, my patience and your time is running out in my eyes

So where are all these top players then?

I'm still waiting for that to happen aswell Dado. Unfortunatley I think they might get a couple of crackers, Appiah being one of them.