Possibly the most important agm in our history

Carsons Dog

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But if you did this you haven't actually purchased any shares in Rangers. That's the point.

Shares were purchased, so your statement in incorrect. They are controlled via RST but all the money raised via the scheme was invested in the clubs IPO

It wouldn't have appealed to me but it still gave fans an option to invest especially if money was tight but they still wanted to do their bit. These fans are also buying with no expectations of a vote or a place at the meeting so they knew what they were getting into.

I don't know how they work it or have any knowledge of the RST but I would like to imagine they will have some sort of proportional voting system which will be utilised prior to the AGM.

The RST have nailed their colours firmly to the Mini mast regardless of how many of the people who invested in their scheme agree or not

I would be surprised if the investors were consulted

is it not true that when you buy into a share scheme like rst, the block vote of 12% only has one vote, might be wrong tho?

As far as I know, you are wrong.

As Easdale has 24% of the vote because he has 24% of the shares, the fans (with RST included) have 12% of the vote with 12% of the shares.

The RST have nailed their colours firmly to the Mini mast regardless of how many of the people who invested in their scheme agree or not

I would be surprised if the investors were consulted

Glad you're surprised. RST members are consulted

I agree that this is vitally important AGM.

So vital that petty squabbles should become irreverent.

How about rather than looking for things the separate us, look for the things that link us i.e. The Rangers.

50k in the stadium ... 200k in Manchester, every of of us there for one reason & one reason only, the very reason we should all be at the AGM with one thought .... what's best for The Rangers.

Fuck, here's me thinkin it's what's best for mini. How could I make such a mistake?!!

So, according to McMurdo, we should only vote not to re-elect existing directors if it can be shown 'beyond reasonable doubt that they are not fit for purpose'. What a lot of bollocks. I thought elections were all about choosing the candidates we prefer. Nothing more; nothing less.

So everyone who paid their £125 is consulted?

Is that a email consultation?

Letters with voting forms?

What happens if a majority oppose Mini?

Under rules set out, the RST must abide my a majority vote, whatever the result may be.

So, according to McMurdo, we should only vote not to re-elect existing directors if it can be shown 'beyond reasonable doubt that they are not fit for purpose'. What a lot of bollocks. I thought elections were all about choosing the candidates we prefer. Nothing more; nothing less.

Making stuff up again attributing opinions to others which have not been expressed, the usual MO of your sort and camp, the only bollox are in your head. :cgreen:

The AGM can't come soon enough. We can only hope sufficient changes are made in the boardroom but many challenges lie ahead. Paul Murray being voted onto the board would certainly be a step in the right direction. One thing is for sure, the majority of Rangers supporters want change. We can no longer trust those in power.

Yes the one that you invented and attributed a comment to, unfortunately you and your cohorts are all too real. :BELM:

Yes, it must be a real nuisance to you that the club has 'real' fans like me, who are not taken in by your spin.

McMurdo stated quite clearly in his blog that we should all give the Board our backing until it can be shown beyond reasonable doubt that they are not fit for purpose. Do you agree or disagree that this is the test we should apply when we cast our vote at the AGM?