Will there be a positive legacy from our years in the lower leagues?

Thermopylae

The lower league clubs have always been more financially stable than clubs in the SPL and First Division. They have never tried chasing the dream of top flight football and always cut their cloth accordingly.

I'm glad we have been able to swell their bank balances on our way back to the top.

It is but you should look at it for the future.

I don't think we should buy anyone until a) were a bit financially secure , and b) were in SPFL. I would however pick up any ' frees ' that will play an active part and will still be with us when we get to the top flight.

I think it would benefit us more if, when we get there, we already have a team that's fluent and know each other.

I suppose what septic are doing just now is gathering a sum of cash together for when we return. Of course they may as well flush that down the nearest toilet as give it to shit for brains lennon to spend so it may not be as bleek as it first appears :party:

As I said in another thread, c****c are stockpiling cash in the hope that they will be able to repay their mortgage due very soon, not to compete with us Our best hope is that they fail and that the Co-op are forced to foreclose on the piggery. Now that would be a legacy.

The obvious legacy is that many smaller clubs may have gained revenue that could sustain them for a few seasons. A lot of these clubs have an important function in the towns they are based in and it's good to know that a big crowd twice a season has helped them. It was good to see Ayr get good gate at the weekend.