Beyond the reach of the Law

D'Artagnan

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.... I will spend at the Megastore every home game what I would have spent travelling and watching the aways.

I'll hold you to that, and will expect you to publish receipts after each home game. :D

Just for the record, what would be the typical total spend for you on an away trip? ;)

I'll hold you to that, and will expect you to publish receipts after each home game. :D

Just for the record, what would be the typical total spend for you on an away trip? ;)

Depends where it was gb - our supporters bus doesnt do aways so it would have to be my own transport. Def not much change out of £50. Perhaps more for the likes of Inverness.

Depends where it was gb - our supporters bus doesnt do aways so it would have to be my own transport. Def not much change out of £50. Perhaps more for the likes of Inverness.

Might I suggest you split that spend up a bit - eg: put some through Rangers Development Fund (Rising Stars) to support the youth team.

Oh and Here's a TOP TIP for you - and for everyone else who wants to spend money in the Ibrox Megastore...

Ibrox Megastore get to keep a significantly larger share of the money from picture sales than they do from anything else in the store.

So if you're gonna buy something - make sure it's from behind the glass cases. Look closely at the item, and if you see a wee white price sticker, but it doesn't have an actual price on the sticker, just some strange barcode thing - that's a higher profit-share item. (tu)

To verify - ask them "does this go through the manual till?" (the answer you want is "yes")

(tu)

Might I suggest you split that spend up a bit - eg: put some through Rangers Development Fund (Rising Stars) to support the youth team.

Oh and Here's a TOP TIP for you - and for everyone else who wants to spend money in the Ibrox Megastore...

Ibrox Megastore get to keep a significantly larger share of the money from picture sales than they do from anything else in the store.

So if you're gonna buy something - make sure it's from behind the glass cases. Look closely at the item, and if you see a wee white price sticker, but it doesn't have an actual price on the sticker, just some strange barcode thing - that's a higher profit-share item. (tu)

To verify - ask them "does this go through the manual till?" (the answer you want is "yes")

(tu)

I can see the staff referring to me as "Mr Manual Till" in a couple of seasons :lol: :lol:

Why?

Really?

There are many things that have made Rangers the successful team that it is.

Chief amongst them is our loyal support - that's what the club is founded on. The fans are what makes the club great.

How many results over the years have been influenced to our benefit by our fans' presence and full-bloodied support in a hostile ground?

To say that our team would do just as well away with a fan boycott in place is outright ridiculous.

Look at tannadice last season.

Really?

Chief amongst them is our loyal support - that's what the club is founded on. The fans are what makes the club great.

How many results over the years have been influenced to our benefit by our fans' presence and full-bloodied support in a hostile ground?

To say that our team would do just as well away with a fan boycott in place is outright ridiculous.

Not for me to tell you what to do and not for any Rangers fan to tell me what to do, not one of these bastards will ever get another penny from me in my lifetime....never!

In my opinion lets starve them of money which will lead to cut backs in their playing staff allowing us to spank them.

fuck them and their bhitter fans

Really?

Really?

Do you think we lost at tannadice last season because we had no fans? I don't, I think we lost cause we were shit, pure and simple.

I despise every team in that league and will never fund them again.

I will personally find it hard not to go and watch rangers away as the atmosphere is the best ,i think a lot of bears love going away for that reason (especially when we outnumber the home team)i wish i had the will power to say i wont go back and respect any bears who can do it ,a compromise may be that we dont buy any food or drink within or around the stadium ?

Do you think we lost at tannadice last season because we had no fans?

I think it played a major part, yes.

DU were shit too. With the right motivation, even our team last season could beat almost every team in Scotland.

But that night, DU had all the extra motivation, from a bumper, partisan crowd.

We had Spiers and 500 timposters ffs :(

Really?

A good support obviously helps, but good teams do play without support and still win, and that starts with good management and the right players on the pitch, properly trained with the right mind set, suggesting rangers need fans at every game to win, is like admitting we are rubbish. A bad side will get beaten when it matters, fans or no fans,

Oh and by the way - anyone who thinks that boycotting an SPL club, (even its pie vendors), will bring that club to its knees, should probably do some sums first...

Dundee United: (all numbers rounded off for simplification)

Average attendance: 7500

Approximately 20 home games per season = 150,000 fans (per annum) x ticket price (£15) = £2.25 million in gate receipts

2 games where Rangers don't bring any fans will not affect their average attendance above by more than 500 per game (the average away fans at any other DU game, excluding Rangers), because we weren't there last season.

If we had been in the SPL last season, and had taken a bumper crowd (5k) to both games, they would be £150k better off.

If we don't go to the 2 games, they will be only £15k worse off- and probably not even that, because the DU fans will come out in force to lord it over our empty section, so it'll still be two of their biggest gates of the season.

£2.25 million, versus £2.4 million is not going to make a blind bit of difference to the club, and is certainly not going to bring it to its knees.

What it will do though is make us reviled by pie vendors across the whole country. :(

A good support obviously helps, but good teams do play without support and still win, and that starts with good management and the right players on the pitch, properly trained with the right mind set, suggesting rangers need fans at every game to win, is like admitting we are rubbish. A bad side will get beaten when it matters, fans or no fans,

Yet we still think that a capacity Ibrox in full voice will intimidate a visiting team, with no support.

Can't work both ways surely?

Really?

Yes but look at Ibrox against ICT gb - I think it was more to do with the gulf in class than a lack of vocal backing.

Yes but look at Ibrox against ICT gb - I think it was more to do with the gulf in class than a lack of vocal backing.

We were by far the better team that night D'Art.

But they were physically much bigger than us, and we were bullied and cheated by every player and every official from kick-off. The worst I've ever seen.

They got their first goal at the very end of the first half - TOTALLY against the run of play. Then to defend that lead they just illegally kicked the shit out of us whenever we got in their half. And the ref protected THEM!

It was no surprise our heads went down for a bit, but credit to those lads, they picked themselves up and got stuck back in.

Only to be suckered by another goal totally against the run of play.

The problem is how realistic is it to expect the support to boycott all the away games. My heart and anger says I wouldn't want to go back to any of these places again , and would have no problem doing so, - my head asks me if I'm just cutting my nose yo spite my face ?

I wonder if the answer is to be a bit selective here.

Throughout this whole episode , I've always had the feeling that petrie and thomson seemed to be enjoying our plight more than most and are quick to put their tuppence worth in. As a result , I don't want to visit either hibs or united again. Maybe being selective might have more universal approval ?

Oh and by the way - anyone who thinks that boycotting an SPL club, (even its pie vendors), will bring that club to its knees, should probably do some sums first...

Dundee United: (all numbers rounded off for simplification)

Average attendance: 7500

Approximately 20 home games per season = 150,000 fans (per annum) x ticket price (£15) = £2.25 million in gate receipts

2 games where Rangers don't bring any fans will not affect their average attendance above by more than 500 per game (the average away fans at any other DU game, excluding Rangers), because we weren't there last season.

If we had been in the SPL last season, and had taken a bumper crowd (5k) to both games, they would be £150k better off.

If we don't go to the 2 games, they will be only £15k worse off- and probably not even that, because the DU fans will come out in force to lord it over our empty section, so it'll still be two of their biggest gates of the season.

£2.25 million, versus £2.4 million is not going to make a blind bit of difference to the club, and is certainly not going to bring it to its knees.

What it will do though is make us reviled by pie vendors across the whole country. :(

If I've got my maths right that's still a drop of over 6%. Which is still a bit of a hit if you're just trying to make ends meet.

If I've got my maths right that's still a drop of over 6%. Which is still a bit of a hit if you're just trying to make ends meet.

Not a drop - an unachieved bonus.

If they survive the years without us, then they will survive the years with us, even with a complete boycott.

With us back in the top flight, their average attendance for all other games would probably actually increase, cos it's a better overall package with us in it.

and as I said, a tannadice with no Bears would encourage the arabs out in bigger numbers, so it would still be a bigger crowd than (almost) any other home game they play.

Not a drop - an unachieved bonus.

If they survive the years without us, then they will survive the years with us, even with a complete boycott.

With us back in the top flight, their average attendance for all other games would probably actually increase, cos it's a better overall package with us in it.

and as I said, a tannadice with no Bears would encourage the arabs out in bigger numbers, so it would still be a bigger crowd than (almost) any other home game they play.

It is an us achieved bonus , but it will be one they are assuming when planning ahead.

You are right , I'm not saying they won't survive - but it will irritate them . . . . . Whilst making me feel better !

You make a good point here (tu)

That better than my original post - you'ld make a good editor !

Dart

Its the second Saturday of the 14/15 season we have just sold out our first home game, we win the match and the next week we are playing away at xxxx

Are you seriously proposing we stay away and affect the teams chances ? .

I thought it was all about the Rangers and whats best for us, can you really in all good faith claim a vindictive and ultimately self harming rolling boycott is the right thing for us ?

Can I ask you kd in what respect do you think it would be "self harming" ?