Would You Have Bought Scott Brown

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nonsense mate! The only time these two ran rings round Fergie and the rangers midfield last season was when Fergie just returned from Injury and was 70% fit, Broon couldnl't lace Fergies boots, is a massive gamble and one I am glad the Gers never took.

Fergies actions in the last 6 months may be in question and he may never be a Greig, Butcher or Gough but he is a far superior player to Broon at this point in time and in my opinion will be for the next 3- 4 years.

Perhaps we should review this in 3-4 years coz at present Broon has done fuck all to justify the massive outlay and the mass hysteria he has received since christmas!!

ps Hibs went on a shocking run since the turn of the year and Broon was still playing for them, I wonder if we got the better more complete player from Hibs afterall, I konw where my money is!!! :tu:

great post. fergie went for a haggled fee of £6M yet septic stump up a largely unquestioned £4.4M for the ugliest ba**ard this side of the Bash Street Kids (and he's got a wee dick - at least I think that's what Mad Cow was implying, not that penis size has anything whatsoever to do with footballing ability - but it may explain his anger management problem) yet all of a sudden the country's captin isnt fit to lace this wee "wanks" boots (source: Mad Cow, RMFR Forum, 12 July 2007)

Some RFC fans want to get a grip of themselves. Brown over Ferguson - FFS! :rolleyes:

nah imo we would then have thomson and brown the best partnership in the spl by far

they were great agains the big teams for the hiv's,but every game for us is a massive game. i'm not sure whether thomson or brown can cut it with the old firm. replace barry(that is the name of our captain alba)? no fekin chance! i've said it once and i'll say it again.Barry Ferguson is the only player in the SPL who would grace any of the top leagues in europe. he oozes class.he is our captain and captain of scotland.should be the pride of the whole of scotland. but scots as a nation hate stars,therefore hate him.alba, fora loyal supporter who has attende far more european away days than i probably ever will,why can,t you see past this 666 thing. fuck sake! we need to get behind the boy!

lol you have to laugh at the people who would prefer SB...

i mean jesus lol

BF proven at all levels..champions league..the EPL.. International..domestic..captain of Rangers,Blackburn,Scotland.

SB... hibs player...

If you are saying you would prefer broon you are just out to be spiteful as no one in their right mind could possibly prefer him to ferguson...

if i only ever had one game to watch for the rest of my life, it would be a close call between that one and rangers thumping sellick 6-2 a few years back.

Was it not 5-1 :pipehorse:

Aww for the love of f*ck, do we really have to put up with comments like this??

How about "our former managers treatment of our club captain" being truly shocking?

PLG engineered his way out of Rangers coz he wis a spoilt wee frog pussy who didnt have his mammy there to back him up. stop stickin up for the guy FFS - he CHOSE to WALK OUT ON US when the going got too tough for him!!!

Ignoring your xenophobic nonsense, it's not a question of sticking up for PLG but the manager of Rangers F.C.

I would not sell Barry Ferguson for Scott Brown, simply because SB is not worth £4.4 million. The hype that surrounds him was the sole property of Gravenson last year. As I've said before, Brown has a lot to prove and I always throught if he got SB he might actually compliment the Captain in midfield.

Saying that, I would not rule out selling Ferguson but only if meant financing the right player and/or benefitting the overall performance of the team. I don't buy all the business about BF being 'Mr Rangers' or a 'World Class' players. He's a good player certainly, but not a great Captain and I question his judgement both on and off the field.

The fact that is our best player does not automatically qualify him for anything. He is the 3rd most public figure at Rangers right now behind David Murray and Walter Smith and, like the Chairman, half the reason why he's in his position is because of a lack of a credible alternative.

Dammed right Iwould!

The transfer of Ferguson should have been the same as the purchase price of Brown and The wage would be about the same too.

We then have a younger player who puts a lot more passion into his game than the current club captain and we also get rid of a " bad influence " at the club at the same time. We would alsohave a player that would be genuinely upset at losing to a lower division club in a cup competition rather than one who alledgedly rejoiced over the fact.

Brown or Ferguson?

Easy choice for this elderly gent!

Good quote mate, with you 100%

I would not sell Barry Ferguson for Scott Brown, simply because SB is not worth £4.4 million. The hype that surrounds him was the sole property of Gravenson last year. As I've said before, Brown has a lot to prove and I always throught if he got SB he might actually compliment the Captain in midfield.

Saying that, I would not rule out selling Ferguson but only if meant financing the right player and/or benefitting the overall performance of the team. I don't buy all the business about BF being 'Mr Rangers' or a 'World Class' players. He's a good player certainly, but not a great Captain and I question his judgement both on and off the field.

The fact that is our best player does not automatically qualify him for anything. He is the 3rd most public figure at Rangers right now behind David Murray and Walter Smith and, like the Chairman, half the reason why he's in his position is because of a lack of a credible alternative.

Here here!

I hate seeing some of our fans worship Barry. He may merit praise, but nothing more. He is the best player in this poor team and perhaps it is because he is playing along side mediocre players he is seen as a god.

I think he is a very good player, best midfielder in Scotland at the moment and would have him over Scott Brown anyday.

However his role at the club should be questioned IMO and as Dillinger has already said, BF is only captain because there is nobody else at the club suitable of wearing the band.

No i wouldnt - and according to Barry's Book, we only paid in the region of �2M for his return

Yeah, However he left out the part, that Blackburn still owed us around £3.5 million.

Barrys return, Cost a lot more than £2 million.

I would probably go for it, Fergie is a good player, but not as good as some fans believe. It says more about the state Rangers are in when hes our best player.

Its very well saying Brown would only be motivated by money, but remember, Fergie was so motivated to the Rangers cause he jumped ship after saying he will never leave.

I could never understand why he did that, and went down in a lot of fans estimates.

Saying that, he can be outstanding, as he has been in Europe for us last season, but he just drops deep to collect the ball which I find pretty annoying. In a more advanced role hes far better.

Barry is a world class player

I 100% disagree. Barry Ferguson is a very good player, but he certainly is some distance from being world class!

I blame the English media for the term 'world class' being thrown about so willy nilly (pretty much the full squad have been bizarrely labelled world class for the past 10 years...not won much tho). Back in day, only the very best players would be referred to as world class!

In my book, world class is defined by would the player get in a world 11 team, or in the squad. On that basis, it's pretty clear that I do not term BF world class.

barry is a world class player, composed on the ball and can run the tempo of most games when used proprerly. scott brown in young and aggresive and a good player but no comparison between the two.

stick with the skip everytime. brown might become excellent, barry is excellent.

i am still a little bit pissed off with barrys role in the whole plg thing and think it was not for a gers skipper to behave that way but at the moment we need him bad and he is one of the few left who know what the gers are all about.

I 100% disagree. Barry Ferguson is a very good player, but he certainly is some distance from being world class!

I blame the English media for the term 'world class' being thrown about so willy nilly (pretty much the full squad have been bizarrely labelled world class for the past 10 years...not won much tho). Back in day, only the very best players would be referred to as world class!

In my book, world class is defined by would the player get in a world 11 team, or in the squad. On that basis, it's pretty clear that I do not term BF world class.

agree he's a decent british player never world class