Hitler

Dan Deacon

Now bear with me as i often argue this one with my mates, But I am a fan of hitler.

Dont get me wrong I in no way agree with the killing of millions of innocent people.

However, if hitler had use the same aptitude and conviction for another purpose, he could actually be a modern day hero.

I mean, if one person can basically make a nation of people believe what he says, his ideoligies etc, then he could have done amazing things if he had applied it in the correct way.

Again I will state, what he did was wrong, I am merely commending him for application of what he thought was right. If he had decided world peace was his bag, he could be one of the most famous historical leaders for the right reasons.

ach ye do make a fair point, 1 of my mates feels the same way, thinks hitler was a fantastic leader of ppl and you can see where he comes from, just some folk dont like anything good said about him at all, no matter the context!

I doubt people would of taken notice if he didnt do what he done the Germans were looking for an escuse for the poor state and Hitler gave them one to blame , the Jews along with others. They were bitter because of the war and if it wasn't Hitler that would start the 2nd one then it would have been someone else they would still have felt hard done by because of the 1st world war and Hitler merely stood up and voiced what many were thinking. At that period in Germany after the Treaty of Versaille Peace was the last thing on their mind they wanted back to what they felt was rightfully theres.

Guest TheQueensXI
Hitler was a great leader, albeit in the evil sense. I think you have to respect the way he and his party rose to power and transformed Germany into an awesome military machine. Some of his policies were pure evil, however you cannot deny he did a job to his flawed ideals. You have to respect it, and it is dangerous IMO not to respect how it all came about, as you leave the door open to contempt and the possibility of it happening again.

exactly.

the guy knew how to talk, and could inspire people. a true great leader. even though he was an evil bassa.

Now bear with me as i often argue this one with my mates, But I am a fan of hitler.

Dont get me wrong I in no way agree with the killing of millions of innocent people.

However, if hitler had use the same aptitude and conviction for another purpose, he could actually be a modern day hero.

I mean, if one person can basically make a nation of people believe what he says, his ideoligies etc, then he could have done amazing things if he had applied it in the correct way.

Again I will state, what he did was wrong, I am merely commending him for application of what he thought was right. If he had decided world peace was his bag, he could be one of the most famous historical leaders for the right reasons.

You seem to be saying that if an evil person used his talents for good then he would be a force for good instead of evil, which is rather stating the obvious is it not? ;)

You seem to be saying that if an evil person used his talents for good then he would be a force for good instead of evil, which is rather stating the obvious is it not? (tu)

yeah but i am using hitler as an example, basically if he had applied himself to good rather than evil he would have been a hero. most of my mates ignore this, i just wanted to know that i was right

you cant deny he was very intelligent

and his power to manipulate not only the people

of his own country but the leaders of other countries to

gain what he wanted was remarkable

the things he did were terrible though

All through History there has been bampots that have been able to lead men.

Look at all the tossers at the head of cults they manage to manipulate folk into their cults.

That fuck head bin laden has got folk hanging on every word dont make him great.

IMO TOSSERS the lot of them.

Perhaps he never quite got over being born in the same week as that other comic moustache, Charlie Chaplin  :rolleyes:

:lol:

Charlie Chaplin made a film called The Dictator, taking the p*ss out of Hitler. It was his first talking movie.

Anyhow, back to the original thread.

Hitler was a terrible commander. He ignored his generals, pushed on with battles regardless of how many men he lost, and even thought he was invincible because the assasination attempt on him failed.

Total fool. It shows that the highest rank he ever gained in the first world war was Corporal.

I disagree that he could ever have been a force for good. Building countries is difficult, whereas destroying them is easy. He wasn't capable of it.

He was a third rate commander who took advantage of the trust of the German people. Nothing more.

I have the film here, still incredible they were born in the same week :rolleyes: .

I admire Hitler in the way I admire Derren Brown, they both know/knew how to work a crowd. Beyond that Hitler was a completely unremarkable individual who just happened to be in the right place at the right time

After the First World War the German people were filled with feelings of anger and betrayal because of the way the German government seemingly collapsed and surrendered. (The German people were still sure of victory right up until almost the last week.) Then the Treaty of Versailles almost destroyed the German economy.

Hitler merely used the anger and frustration felt by almost everyone in Germany to gain power in the Reichstag. Once there he used assassination, bully boy tactics and fear to achieve whatever he wanted.

Hardly the work of a genius.

More an old fashioned bully. :unsure:

His entire agenda was inspired by evil. It was based on evil. Everything he did was based on influencing people to pursue his rotten philosophies. His entire repertoire came from a foundation of wanting to execute minorities, jews especially.

He was aggressive, convincing, and powerful.

To suggest this could have been used for good completely misses the point and comes close to insulting anyone who died by his hands.

After the First World War the German people were filled with feelings of anger and betrayal because of the way the German government seemingly collapsed and surrendered. (The German people were still sure of victory right up until almost the last week.) Then the Treaty of Versailles almost destroyed the German economy.

Hitler merely used the anger and frustration felt by almost everyone in Germany to gain power in the Reichstag. Once there he used assassination, bully boy tactics and fear to achieve whatever he wanted.

Hardly the work of a genius.

More an old fashioned bully. :unsure:

This is the point that those who criticise Dresden miss, because WW1 was brought to a civilised end, and Germany not destroyed, Hitler could come along a few years later and have some credibility in the peoples eyes when he said they never really lost the war. As unpalatable as it may seem you must completely defeat your enemy then help him afterwards to ensure peace, there must be no doubt as to who was the winner, and who was the looser because people in the future will exploit any dubiety on that point.