Supporters Direct meeting

Carsons Dog

I've got to be honest here and admit I'm not a fan of fan ownership - I think it's a recipe for disaster

If however this, as widely reported, is being driven by people who left the RST because of the shenanigans then I think they should at least be given a fair hearing and I will do just that

It's to their eternal shame that it took them so long to break away from the control of the fat controller but they have done it now and bygones can be bygones - they seem to have the club at heart now as opposed to the self serving RST

I look forward to their proposals albeit as a sceptic

As an aside I see the RST are actively trying to push their scam, sorry scheme tonight and are looking to get 6700 to put in £12.84 a month

They are clearly spooked by this new initiative

They have no chance of conning 6700 fans

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As an aside I see the RST are actively trying to push their scam, sorry scheme tonight and are looking to get 6700 to put in £12.84 a month

They are clearly spooked by this new initiative

They have no chance of conning 6700 fans

There have been a number of "promotion" tweets today. It still amazes me though that a group who could only build up circa 2000 in 10 years actually believe they can now get to 6700. It also amazes me the hypocrisy of them constantly requesting honesty and transparency from the Rangers Board when.....well......you get the drift. And it further amazes me that just as i said to the Rea guy on here a few weeks back, being able to buy millions of shares and 10,20,29% of the club isnt going to be remotely easy as these shares will not be for sale, is now getting put out there as a mantra......despite it being a clear issue for Buy Rangers as well.

Also reading elsewhere that the Compliance guy on here who helpfully tried to answer some difficult questions on FSA issues and regulation from myself a few months back has quit as well, leaving a huge compliance gap. (tu)

There have been a number of "promotion" tweets today. It still amazes me though that a group who could only build up circa 2000 in 10 years actually believe they can now get to 6700. It also amazes me the hypocrisy of them constantly requesting honesty and transparency from the Rangers Board when.....well......you get the drift. And it further amazes me that just as i said to the Rea guy on here a few weeks back, being able to buy millions of shares and 10,20,29% of the club isnt going to be remotely easy as these shares will not be for sale, is now getting put out there as a mantra......despite it being a clear issue for Buy Rangers as well.

Also reading elsewhere that the Compliance guy on here who helpfully tried to answer some difficult questions on FSA issues and regulation from myself a few months back has quit as well, leaving a huge compliance gap. (tu)

Could be an interesting share race between the RST and the new kids on the block

As for the compliance guy and the other ship jumpers it would seem that they are sworn to secrecy

Which is pretty irresponsible if true given that the mistrust are still harvesting fools money

Could be an interesting share race between the RST and the new kids on the block

As for the compliance guy and the other ship jumpers it would seem that they are sworn to secrecy

Which is pretty irresponsible if true given that the mistrust are still harvesting fools money

Its not secrecy - it is normal to sign confidentiality agreements when putting plans together. I've done many times in the past, including with Rangers. All will be revealed at the meeting i'm sure.

I'm optimistic and thoroughly looking forward to it.

There is no compliance gap, everything is fully up to date regarding communication with the FSA. Yes, the board member who dealth with it did resign but we have others on board to deal with it.

When you are talking about shares not being for sale I assume you are talking about the anonymous fan in the ET today. As far as I'm aware this was not a board member of the RST.

As for transparency, I agree. Plans are afoot to improve all communications. I know you mentioned that you apreciated me trying to be as open as possible on here and I'd like to think that is replicated by many on here & it is something I will continue to do and I hope to implement across the whole of the Trust.

6,700 may be ambitious, yes. The tweet was more showing the potential we as a support have. As for the new scheme, I personally wish them all the best. It wont stop the BuyRangers scheme but as long as the club ends up in the fans hands, I'll rest easy at night.

Its not secrecy - it is normal to sign confidentiality agreements when putting plans together. I've done many times in the past, including with Rangers. All will be revealed at the meeting i'm sure.

I'm optimistic and thoroughly looking forward to it.

I'm talking about confidentiality in respect of the reasons they (hastily) departed the RST

They probably didn't want the Alan Harris treatment when he revealed the truth

There is no compliance gap, everything is fully up to date regarding communication with the FSA. Yes, the board member who dealth with it did resign but we have others on board to deal with it.

When you are talking about shares not being for sale I assume you are talking about the anonymous fan in the ET today. As far as I'm aware this was not a board member of the RST.

As for transparency, I agree. Plans are afoot to improve all communications. I know you mentioned that you apreciated me trying to be as open as possible on here and I'd like to think that is replicated by many on here & it is something I will continue to do and I hope to implement across the whole of the Trust.

6,700 may be ambitious, yes. The tweet was more showing the potential we as a support have. As for the new scheme, I personally wish them all the best. It wont stop the BuyRangers scheme but as long as the club ends up in the fans hands, I'll rest easy at night.

Cant be many left on the board of the RST if more have resigned. Must be down to single figures. Its actually unbelievable that so many have resigned in the last couple of months without their members being informed. They have a nerve to use the term transparency.

The fact that Hearts through FOH have acheived 7,000+ direct debits within 12-18 months as opposed to under 2,000 in 10 years is surely the most damning statistic with regards the RST and should be the final nail in the coffin.

And that's without going into the numerous resignations, allegations of e-mail jhacking and financial shenanigans, assaults by RST board members (Dungwallet on a rival fanzine seller at WRC) the list is almost endless, they have next to no credibilty with the vast majority of the Rangers support and should do the best thing for the club and go away.

After the blatant and shameful pro-rebel antics pre-AGM I'm amazed that anyone at Ibrox even talks to them.

Cant be many left on the board of the RST if more have resigned. Must be down to single figures. Its actually unbelievable that so many have resigned in the last couple of months without their members being informed. They have a nerve to use the term transparency.

13 board members: http://www.therst.co.uk/board-members/

Again for what its worth, i really hope you can go in, weed out the old and really make a difference but i do think you have a tough task on your hands and if i was you, given you are now a Board member of a FCA regulated entity, i would be taking a deep dive under the bonnet, which is the reason Allan Harris resigned a number of years back.

Good luck though (tu)

Again for what its worth, i really hope you can go in, weed out the old and really make a difference but i do think you have a tough task on your hands and if i was you, given you are now a Board member of a FCA regulated entity, i would be taking a deep dive under the bonnet, which is the reason Allan Harris resigned a number of years back.

Good luck though (tu)

Some good advice there.

Its quite shocking that they have about 8 resignations from the board in a matter of months and non-members know more about their dealings than their membership.

Good luck though (tu)

As stated above, the perceived credibilty & trust issues based on numerous previous incidents means that imho it may well take a very long time before many Rangers fans wil ever trust the RST again, if at all?

Surely, that is time wasted that would be better spent doing what the RST was originally set up to achieve?

To be blunt, a nagging issue is the fact that many believe that the hacker will return sooner or later as the investigation against him was dropped and the fact he 'resigned' and wasn't sacked/voted off.

I assume you and the other current RST board members realise that he is poison as far as a huge section of the Rangers support are concerned?

The other major concern many have is why should the club/board deal with the RST when the RST was so blatantly pro-rebel/anti-board pre-AGM?

Anyone tell us Bears with no inside knowledge of these things, who is behind the new scheme? Are we talking ex RST board members? Are we talking about the #Tweetwankers? Who is organising this meeting?

I believe that tonight's meeting is being organised by some of the guys who resigned from the RST previously, I'm not 100% certain about that though, maybe someone else can confirm either way?

As stated above, the perceived credibilty & trust issues based on numerous previous incidents means that imho it may well take a very long time before many Rangers fans wil ever trust the RST again, if at all?

Surely, that is time wasted that would be better spent doing what the RST was originally set up to achieve?

To be blunt, a nagging issue is the fact that many believe that the hacker will return sooner or later as the investigation against him was dropped and the fact he 'resigned' and wasn't sacked/voted off.

I assume you and the other current RST board members realise that he is poison as far as a huge section of the Rangers support are concerned?

The other major concern many have is why should the club/board deal with the RST when the RST was so blatantly pro-rebel/anti-board pre-AGM?

I agree with all of this. Ive said for a long time that if the RST were truly in this for Rangers and not themselves, then they would have got rid of the Follow Follow stalwarts ages ago, some of which still remain on the Board today, and clearly are talking out of school with MD as well. (tu)

The best thing they could do in my opinion, if people start to get behind this new initiative, is to transfer all their shares, with their members approval, into the new scheme and disband the RST which is tainted. (tu)

It will take a long time to get rid of the bad smell.

Anyone tell us Bears with no inside knowledge of these things, who is behind the new scheme? Are we talking ex RST board members? Are we talking about the #Tweetwankers? Who is organising this meeting?

Suck has been referring to "verminous" ex-rst board members being behind this but I don't know names. Eskbank will no doubt know who it is.

Is the guy Iain Nichol involved? I recall seeing his name linked to the RTS board. Maybe he resigned over hacking gate and not this.

The initial meeting is set to 50 people so that there can be open and frank discussion.

There will be full and detailed minutes. I know WATP Magazine will also be doing full coverage and they are looking at videoing the meeting to ensure transparency.

Can I ask a serious question? Who are WATP magazine? I thought there were only two magazines on the radar Number One and the other one! :-)? Seems weird that it isn't (eg Number One) who are taking the lead here as they'll probably get to a wider audience as they are already well established?

Either way, good luck with this endeavour. Not for me personally but getting bears together AND the word "transparency" being used will be a welcome change from recent shenanigans.

Can I ask a serious question? Who are WATP magazine? I thought there were only two magazines on the radar Number One and the other one! :-)? Seems weird that it isn't (eg Number One) who are taking the lead here as they'll probably get to a wider audience as they are already well established?

Either way, good luck with this endeavour. Not for me personally but getting bears together AND the word "transparency" being used will be a welcome change from recent shenanigans.

The WATP magazine people from what i read and saw back in December are in the main the guys who wanted the Board out and backed the Requisitioners. (tu)

The WATP magazine people from what i read and saw back in December are in the main the guys who wanted the Board out and backed the Requisitioners. (tu)

That imho is a huge issue that the Rangers support have going forward now.

As far as I am aware almost all the main fans groups/reps, excluding VB who to their credit remained nuetral, were wildly pro-req and anti-board with the end result that we aas fans are now left with fans reps/groups who have made it clear they don't want the current board and a board who quite frankly based on the pre-AGM antics of certain groups/reps would be more than entitled to refuse to engage with, talk to or even recognise the groups.

Oh that's not so good. Dont know a lot about them as I previously said, but I'd be really disappointed if this was yet another route to engage the fans and attack the current board by stealth.

I'll say no more as I dont have the facts and maybe the guys from WATP/SD thingy etc can share their vision and hopes?

For the record, not a dig at specific folks as I dont know enough about WATP as I said

Suck has been referring to "verminous" ex-rst board members being behind this but I don't know names. Eskbank will no doubt know who it is.

Is the guy Iain Nichol involved? I recall seeing his name linked to the RTS board. Maybe he resigned over hacking gate and not this.

I'm not 100% sure. As far as I know it is mainly people who resigned from the RST. As I said, good luck to them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grandmaster_Suck View Post

Sadly Robert there are those who lied and deceived their fellow Board members and betrayed the trust put in them by the members who are peddling assorted lies.

The Trust did not sit on it's hands - when we waited patiently for the CIC Group to report it's findings - I don't mean a flimsy graph and "we are working hard" - I mean a range of options with the pros and cons and the outline of any scheme. That is what they were tasked to do and what they singularly failed to do.

I repeat again - it was only the other Monday they announced that they were running off to do something on their own.

Regarding minutes and emails - if you read this thread you'll see that assertions were made in favour of this group asserting that things were said and done or put in emails - I merely responded to them.

I believe most fans when they examine the facts will be horrified at the behaviour of some of the ex-Trust board members.

The response from Mr Marshall...

"I repeat again - it was only the other Monday they announced that they were running off to do something on their own. " - Was that not a meeting with Members of the RST Board - So how do you know what happened? Someone must have told you. Proving my earlier point that people are passing confidential information to people that have no official reason for being told. I'm a member of RST, why have I not been told. The last email I had was wishing me a Merry Christmas.

Now this meeting is going ahead. This scheme is being heard. I think the Rangers Support at large will be delighted that something is attempting to be done.

All I have asked is that we go with an open mind.

I've not got time to do this today, we have a match afterall and they pies and rolls don't deliver themselves - I've known you too long to fall out with you over this - I think you are wrong in the way you have approached this. You may have the right opinion about certain individuals, I don't know (as I keep saying) but I think your constant repetition of the same point is doing nothing to further the debate only to narrow it.

Anyways, I will see you tonight - you can park the Bentley outside the pub (all that RST money starting to show)

It is a joint venture between Andrew Brewster & the Louden Tavern. It has a range of contributors including a few mods from here, Dougie & Alex. Also D'Art is a contributor along with guys from CRO & TRS. I wrote a couple of articles about the AGM which had no opinions in them, just facts. The message of the magazine is OneRangers, NoFactions and anybody who has read it I'm sure will agree.