Imran V Rangers

North Rd

Deary me running out of ideas to have another go at Imran so you drag everyone else in, Charlie saved The Rangers don't you and your little band forget it (tu) , the malcontent ingrates are running in a pack tonight.... :cgreen:

Deary me right enough. Again you are wrong about me. Read my other posts not aimed at you and your shite. (tu)

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They used him as their figurehead and he was releasing statements to the papers telling them to back their takeover then they made a fool of him by not coming up with the goods.

I'm not saying them being in control wouldn't have worked.

How could they possibly come up with the goods?

Apparently, according to SimplyTheBest, they never had a chance since the administrators had already agreed a deal to sell to Green a month before the CVA failed.

Also, for the record, im not saying if their bid had been accepted that things would now be rosy. I have no idea if they would have been able to come up with the funds required to take us back to the top. I certainly didnt think that Murray was at all convincing during the latest struggles.

So you state the deal was done and dusted in May, even though the CVA hearing was not until June.

If this was the case, surely you understand that had Green pulled out of the deal, then other parties would have been in a better position to make an offer? Afterall, nothing would have been finalised.

How then can you possibly say with any certainty that Green saved Rangers? It is impossible to know that.

The odds would have to be firmly in favour of another party putting in a bid once the administrators were open to offers.

No other parties filled me with enough confidence i'm afraid and they still don't to this day after the 'requisitioners' farce. Bear in mind we only got our football license about 24 hours before our first match so who knows how any further delay would have worked out?

Deary me running out of ideas to have another go at Imran so you drag everyone else in, Charlie saved The Rangers don't you and your little band forget it (tu) , the malcontent ingrates are running in a pack tonight.... :cgreen:

Im must admit that you really do provide good comedy value on here mate.

Just promise us that you are never going to utter the words "Bawsburst is going nowhere!" You sheer stupidity would be far too greatly missed.

Green's group agreed to buy the club in May whether via CVA or by new company route, bidding was no longer open.

I state that because we needed a buyer and we got one while others refused to consider a new company route, offered a pittance or pulled out, it wasn't a race where we were spoilt for choice. You dispute it simply because of your hatred for the man.

The exact circumstances in which the Smith/McColl bid for the assets was made and rejected are not really all that relevant now. The crucial point - which you cannot deny - is that there was at least one other consortium which was interested in buying the assets of the oldco. And this completely nullifies your argument that, without Green, we would have ceased to exist.

How could they possibly come up with the goods?

Apparently, according to SimplyTheBest, they never had a chance since the administrators had already agreed a deal to sell to Green a month before the CVA failed.

Also, for the record, im not saying if their bid had been accepted that things would now be rosy. I have no idea if they would have been able to come up with the funds required to take us back to the top. I certainly didnt think that Murray was at all convincing during the latest struggles.

Well they made one bid to Green's group offering them a 500k profit not including legal fees etc spent.

You must surely admit that was a pathetic 'attempt'?

So it was sheer coincedence that they only managed to have the funds available 2 hours after the CVA was rejected.

It should be remembered that Green and consortium had unconditional offers in place. If the CVA was successful, they would have paid for the assets. If the CVA failed, then they also paid for the assets. The agreements had been reached in the weeks leading up to the CVA when NO-ONE else was willing to put their head above the parapet.

The CVA failed. Green took immediate control within hours. (tu)

Im not denying this, im just denying the fact that it was Green or nothing!

There is absolutely no proof that 'Green saved Rangers'.

All signs point to the idea that if Greens bid had failed, then we would have had an offer from another party, even that of Smiths consortium.

Greens method was absolutely fine, its his motives that I question, along with his actions once he completed the purchase.

The exact circumstances in which the Smith/McColl bid for the assets was made and rejected are not really all that relevant now. The crucial point - which you cannot deny - is that there was at least one other consortium which was interested in buying the assets of the oldco. And this completely nullifies your argument that, without Green, we would have ceased to exist.

During administration we had about 5 bidders seemingly battling for the club, and look what happened to most of them.

Amazing, the folk on here fearing for the club must have been off their head considering these tyre kickers were ready to ride to the rescue.

With the help of Ticketus, and also unable to raise the exclusivity fee!

Jeez, Green and co got the club by the skin of their teeth.

That's the thing, going by their logic we actually had nothing to worry about during admin, someone was always going to come in no matter what...

No other parties filled me with enough confidence i'm afraid and they still don't to this day after the 'requisitioners' farce. Bear in mind we only got our football license about 24 hours before our first match so who knows how any further delay would have worked out?

They might not have filled you with enough confidence, but you can hardly say with any certainty that without Green, the club would have been gone.

I think we are both focussing far too much on this 'Green saved Rangers' line. I cant know it for sure, and neither can you. We both have our opinions based on gut feel, but neither of them are irrefutable.

I also agree that the Reqs were utter tripe in the last few months, but to be honest, Greens reign was hardly a bed of roses. We posted horrific losses, and now finally have a guy in place how might be ale to salvage the situation. If Green had stayed the course, I dread to think where we would be.

All signs point to the idea that if Greens bid had failed, then we would have had an offer from another party, even that of Smiths consortium.

Greens method was absolutely fine, its his motives that I question, along with his actions once he completed the purchase.

You do realise that in order to hold the CVA, there had to be a bid on the table with a value, dont you ?

So who was going to put up the asset value for the potential CVA then ?

Where was Smith and McColl then ??

There is irrefutable proof that Charlie saved The Rangers, the proof will be on show tomorrow night. :cgreen:

Well they made one bid to Green's group offering them a 500k profit not including legal fees etc spent.

You must surely admit that was a pathetic 'attempt'?

I do agree that that was not a very good offer, and im not surprised it was knocked back. Unfortunately at the time I thought it was cheeky because it wasnt going to cover Greens consortiums costs, but I didnt think it was because Green would have ripped all his money and more back out of the club whilst the club posted operating losses of £14m in a year!

I would have been in favour of Green coming in, turning us round and walking away with a handsome profit. However he didnt. He came in, set up an unsustainable cost base, ripped out a load of cash and then fucked off leaving others to clean up his mess.

They might not have filled you with enough confidence, but you can hardly say with any certainty that without Green, the club would have been gone.

I think we are both focussing far too much on this 'Green saved Rangers' line. I cant know it for sure, and neither can you. We both have our opinions based on gut feel, but neither of them are irrefutable.

I also agree that the Reqs were utter tripe in the last few months, but to be honest, Greens reign was hardly a bed of roses. We posted horrific losses, and now finally have a guy in place how might be ale to salvage the situation. If Green had stayed the course, I dread to think where we would be.

I'd imagine the period after Green left contributed a fair bit to the losses, by all accounts he intended to tighten things up and let McCoist sign a lot less players than he wanted to hence them falling out. He stood up for the club and lead a very successful IPO so I really don't think his reign was bad at all, I don't deny that I wish he could have continued.

In saying that he's gone now and we have a very good CEO in Wallace, but it's others that seem determined to constantly demonise Green after the events.

During administration we had about 5 bidders seemingly battling for the club, and look what happened to most of them.

Most potential investors probably realised from the outset that a CVA was unachievable. However, that's not the point. If D&P had not entered into a binding agreement with Green, they would have had to invite fresh bids for the assets of the oldco - and there would have been plenty of interested parties, including Smith & McColl.

I really don't mind you praising Green for all that he achieved in his first few months because he said and did a lot of the right things, but don't kid yourself that without him, we wouldn't have a club to support.

You do realise that in order to hold the CVA, there had to be a bid on the table with a value, dont you ?

So who was going to put up the asset value for the potential CVA then ?

Where was Smith and McColl then ??

But there was a bid on the table, a bid from Green.

Just because Smith didnt have a bid in did not mean that the CVA vote would not take place.

Dont forget that the bid from Green was somewhere in the region of £8m for the CVA I believe. Smith might not have had £8m to rival this bid, so why put a lesser bid in knowing it was irrelevant?

Smith might have only had £5.5m, which was enough to put in a reasonable bid on the business and assets.

Walter Smith came in with an offer which was worth basically the same as Green's, only the administrators were too far along with Greens offer.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/18503656

To suggest that it was Green or nothing is just a bit silly, the administrators were not gonna just jack it in had green walked. They would have just moved onto the next best offer.

No propaganda needed.

Just because Greens offer was the best, doesnt mean it was the only one. Its easy to beat everyone else's offer if you dont have to worry about getting the club on an even footing and know that your gonna make back you initial outlay by ripping out a hell of a lot more cash than you put in.

Saviour I dont think so. More like Cathy Bates from Misery is our chuckles.

That bid was well below what Charles Green's consortium had put up though. At the time of the bid from Walter's group all the hard work had been done to secure the new holding company and the clubs assets, and, out of administration. It was more like 11m.

Like all the others involved, except Charles Green's team, they did not want to be the ones held up for ridicule, as being the people

responsible for putting the previous holding company (Murray) into the liquidation process. Once all the dirty work had been done,and only then, did they feel it now safe to approach the situation, and make a make a bid, safe in the knowledge, that they were not to be blamed for the situation that Rangers now found themselves in.

No amount of deviation of historic facts will change the story, that, but for The Charles Green Consortium, and the Rangers support,

we would not have a Club to support.

A Club, that also, despite all the monies that have been taken out by employees/shareholders, is still in receipt of all it's assets, and is also debt free, and beholding to no financial institution. For that we can thank The Charles Green Consortium and the support.

No amount of bickering, whitaboutery, or point scoring is going to see that money returned. It must, at some point, sink in to all concerned, that, the money, however it was distributed, went to consolidate the future of the club.

A new Board has been elected, and they will be well aware of the justified anger of the support, and hopefully they will set about rectifying the wrongs of the past, hopefully.

If not, we duly make our voices heard, loud and clear, and let them know about it. :7325:

I am grateful that Charles Green stepped up to the plate... No-one else did at the time, remember. Cannot be denied.

It was a wee while after that he started to embarrass us with some of his comments. That can't be denied either, unfortunately.

It can be denied though.

A rival bid did go in for the club the day the CVA failed. Just because Green's offer was the one that was accepted, it does not mean it was the only one.

Most potential investors probably realised from the outset that a CVA was unachievable. However, that's not the point. If D&P had not entered into a binding agreement with Green, they would have had to invite fresh bids for the assets of the oldco - and there would have been plenty of interested parties, including Smith & McColl.

I really don't mind you praising Green for all that he achieved in his first few months because he said and did a lot of the right things, but don't kid yourself that without him, we wouldn't have a club to support.

The point is there was one credible offer, everyone else was offering too little, pulled out or came in too late. We needed a buyer to survive, hence why he saved us.

Speculation that someone else would have just come in doesn't change what the situation was, we didn't have bidders falling over each other to get us.

Someone had to put a bid in for a CVA to be proposed. A bid costs money. A bid attracts a deposit to be paid. Do you think it is acceptable or not acceptable that if you are puting a bid in to buy Assets of a company, that you insist on buying them CVA or no CVA ?

And again i ask you, who else was willing to put a bid in UNCONDITIONAL on the CVA ?

Green and co saved us. Its a fact !