********The official super league 2014 thread ******

adamtricky

After very few posts in the Rugby League World cup thread , think this thread will just have me posting in it !

Kicks off tonight unfortunately clashing with the Rangers/ Dunfermline game .

Round 1 Wigan Warriors v Huddersfield Giants 8pm on sky .should be a cracker .

Champions Wigan have Josh Charnley out but

Hooker Michael McIlorum is set to play after missing last Friday's warm-up game with a hamstring injury sustained in training and Wane is set to give debuts to all five major close-season signings - Matty Bowen, Dan Sarginson, Tony Clubb, Eddy Pettybourne and John Bateman.

Huddersfield, who finished top of the table in 2013, have included new signings Antonio Kaufusi, Chris Bailey and Jodie Broughton in Paul Anderson's 19-man squad, which does not include second rower Jason Chan, who picked up a knock in training.

Other games start next weekend

decent 1st game , with Huddersfield winning 24 -8 . Wigan struggling to replace Sam Tomkins. Danny Brough (last years man of steel (player of the year and Scottish intentional ) carrying on where he left off with a great performance for the Giants .

My team Wakefield Trinity will probably be fighting to stay up too .

I'm hoping for either London or Salford to finish bottom. Widnes Viking's first game is against London so I hope we give them a good thrashing. Also hope to see Widnes have a good Challenge Cup run. I was very impressed with Wigan last year. They seem to be doing a lot of things right and great at developing players. I think they will miss Sam Tomkins though.

An emphatic win for saint Helens against warrington last night...No lee Briers or Adrian morley for warrington.. I was impressed with luke walsh and Kyle Amor playing there first games for saints.

Hull f.c at home to catalan dragons tonight.... I'm going for a dragons away win :thumbup:

@13 looks like theres going to be a game on Sky every Thursday (tu) This week my team Wakefield play v Braford Bulls who also lost this weekend ,

come on the wild cats.... Fantastic victory for Widness last sunday.. ran in eleven tries against London broncos... long may it continue

Reminder that Wigan Warriors play the Sydney Roosters in the World Club Challenge - Final, tomorrow morning 9.00 kick off . for anyone wanting to watch some sport whilst eating their porridge . coverage starts at Sky Sports 2 HD (08:30)

î‚€



Decent Friday night game Hull Kingston Rovers losing to Castleford Tigers 10- 30 . Great 2nd half defence by Castleford. Worth watching to checkout Mark Syned's penalty kicking style of the Tigers where he takes his kicks with his back to the posts and hooks them over, Different but works as he got 4 out of 4 . :) Big game next Friday Leeds v Huddersfield

used to love the RL on old grandstand and always been a cherry and red, remember Martin Offiah have a sprint challenge with some aussie guy before or after a game in Australia?or is my memory playing tricks? remember in the 80s as well Americans staggered that they didn't wear padding and helmets, finally met guys from Hull KR couple of years ago before a game what a bunch of wankers they were!!